7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -8.5 ) at Washington ( 8.5 ) — T: 241
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2.5 ) at Detroit ( 2.5) — T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 8 ) at Brooklyn ( -8 ) — T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 5 ) at Denver ( -5 ) — T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -1.5 ) at Dallas ( 1.5 ) — T: 227
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 6.5 ) at Phoenix ( -6.5 ) — T: 228
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -2.5 ) at Golden State ( 2.5 ) — T: 222.5

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

He said 14 and 7.4 on .587 TS wouldn’t start in the league today lol don’t defend the troll =)

245/30 teams makes you 8.5th man.

• BerkeleyBoss

@tmarohl said...

245/30 teams makes you 8.5th man.

*8.17th man

• tmarohl

On another note, todays NBA is not three or four years ago’s NBA.
    If you can’t score, or space the floor, you are useless.
    Three years ago when people thought Dray was good, they probably also liked guys like Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe. Those guys can’t find a job now.
    Dray can’t space the floor, or score, so I think he is useless.

• tmarohl

@BerkeleyBoss said...

*8.17th man

I knew you would correct me, but so glad to see you back.

• BerkeleyBoss

@tmarohl said...

I knew you would correct me, but so glad to see you back.

=) all love man

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Yeah, but every team CP3 goes to becomes better, because he controls the pace. He is ranked 46 in PER. Compared to 245 for Dray.

Big Paul fan here. Love the way he plays the game. His knock of course is no rings. Seems like that’s all that matters in thia era. That’s a pretty sad way to evaluate greatness in a team game. I wish he would get at least one to silence the critics. It doesn’t look good though.

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

Big Paul fan here. Love the way he plays the game. His knock of course is no rings. Seems like that’s all that matters in thia era. That’s a pretty sad way to evaluate greatness in a team game. I wish he would get at least one to silence the critics. It doesn’t look good though.

Bucks should have signed him, and then he would have had the chance.

• tmarohl

I don’t even want to hear comparisons between CP3 and Dray, because there are none, other than Dray was the fifth wheel on some great teams.

• captainwacky

Chris Paul is such an outrageous player whose legacy is going to be a guy who ‘choked’ when in reality he just dragged horrible teams to success everywhere he went. He’s one of the best basketball minds I’ve ever seen, equally as great a competitor, and his technical handle is probably as good as anyone’s ever.

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

I don’t even want to hear comparisons between CP3 and Dray, because there are none, other than Dray was the fifth wheel on some great teams.

Glad we were both revisiting this at the same time lol

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

Chris Paul is such an outrageous player whose legacy is going to be a guy who ‘choked’ when in reality he just dragged horrible teams to success everywhere he went. He’s one of the best basketball minds I’ve ever seen, equally as great a competitor, and his technical handle is probably as good as anyone’s ever.

Bad hamstrings will be his legacy, even though he is an all time great.

• gaelicgirl

Tmarohl, please check your messages.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Tmarohl, please check your messages.

Thanks GG!

• tmarohl

The more I think about it, I think Dray is just a taller version of Pat Beverly or Tony Snell. Pretty good defensive players with an elite offensive cast around them. I think both those guys could have accomplished what Dray did, if they had Steph, Klay, Durant, Barnes, etc around them. Bottom line, Dray sucks!

• tmarohl

What really matters though for DFS, is I will not be rostering that scrub for a long time. so you don’t have to worry about me possibly reaping him :)

• miggs6876

@captainwacky said...

Agree. As a Laker fan, I’m still upset at Commissioner Stern for blocking the trade. Totally bs…

• CJtheGrump

I’m kind zeroing in on THT’s (Taylor Horton-Tucker) line last night. Dude had 28 minutes and had a really nice game for that price tag. But looking at the few games before, it doesn’t look like he had nearly the same amount of playing time. I know when he’s out there, he can be productive.

So what explains why 28 minutes last night? Blowout? Or Damian Jones foul trouble? Maybe both?

• monarch

I think it had more to do with the front end of B2B and the game in hand plus no Caruso. It was an outlier in terms of minutes ceiling.

• CJtheGrump

Oh yeah. Forgot about Caruso.

• osuryanf

@Yukerboy said...

Note: Assuming all questionable players play AND this post focuses on FD

Was@Mil – I’ve got this as the second most likely game to become a blowout at 39% and I also have Portis as the #1 FDP/$ play in this game, even without assuming the blowout. The highest O/U of the night usually results in increased ownership, but that won’t make me shy away from Giannis as my #1 owned PF and my #2 owned player overall. With all that said, I think I will be less than the field on both Giannis and Portis because of the low leverage they give. Value elsewhere will allow Giannis to be owned at a much higher rate than he should be. The O/U looks about right and the spread may actually be overstated in Milwaukee’s favor. I think a lot of you will be happy with Giannis and Portis, but as for me, I’ll be rooting against them.

Sac@Cha – Everyone here is priced up and I have this as my highest scoring game of the night. With the highest chance at a 78% chance of being a blowout, I took the alternate line of Charlotte covering -14.5 at +420. I have Zeller, Bjelica and Holmes all as top FDP/$ plays in this game. I expect Zeller’s ownership to be higher than I’m comfortable with, but will certainly be on Holmes and Bjelica. Bjelica especially with the blowout and the expected lower ownership. Also of note, no team gives up more 3s than Charlotte and assists get a big boost too, so Hield is one of my favorite sneaky plays here along with Fox, but Hield has such a low ownership edge that I’ll be about double the field on him.

NY@Brk – I’m all in on the over here. Quickley is easily my top FDP/$ play here, but his ownership is going to be so high that I’ll be less than the field on him. Plus I’ll be locking in another player at his position at 100%. One player I do look forward to having is James Harden as my #2 SG owned. His lower ownership, ceiling, and playing in a game that I expect to be both closer and higher scoring than Vegas does puts all factors in his favor. I’m not calling for a monster from Harden, but I am saying he is an extremely nice high leverage high priced play. R.J. Barrett is showing up as my #2 owned SF and Randle is my #2 owned PF behind ABC. Randle, just like Harden, is not a guy I’m calling for a monster game, but I like the reduced ownership he brings compared to Giannis.

SA@Det – I have Detroit actually favored by 5 here and with a 33% chance of a blowout, I took both the +112 moneyline along with Detroit covering -10.5 at +420. I’m with Vegas on the O/U and this will easily be the lowest scoring game of the night. McGruder, Wright, Johnson, Bey, Plumlee and Poetl I have all being above 5x. However, the only one I expect to be well above the field on is Poeltl as my #1 owned Center tonight. San Antonio give up boards and blocks at a high rate and I won’t be afraid to throw Stewart in some lineups, but even his ownership looks to be higher than I had hoped or expected. One thing that Detroit gives up is steals and the two stats that have a snowball effect on a player’s performance are Offensive Rebounds and Steals. Murray is a ball hawk and will see lower ownership here, so I like him as a play.

IND@Den – When it comes to high owned guys, your options are to go all in or fade hard. I’m all in on LeVert. His last outing was disappointing, but 5-14 from the floor and 0-4 from 3 is only going to get better. Easily my top play of the night at 5x+10, I have LeVert leading the Pacers in both points and FGA. He’ll be owned at least 40% but I’ll be at 100%. I’m hoping he gets overlooked, but I’ll have Sabonis my #3 owned PF just below Randle and Joker’s my #2 C right after Poeltl. Spread looks about right and the O/U is understated, but not enough where I’ll place a wager. If Lamb is announced out and it drops a couple of points, I may jump on.

LAC@Dal – 1 out of 3 NBA games are decided by 15 or more points. I have this game as a 1% chance of a blowout which is one of the lowest I have ever seen. Surely Paul George won’t burn me 7 times in a row…right? He’s my #3 SG right below Harden. Dallas is top 5 in giving up the three ball and George could hit 8 in this spot. I do have this as the third highest scoring game of the night and I have the O/U 8 points higher than the current 228, so I jumped all over that. Doncic is my #1 owned PG and I love the leverage he offers tonight even with the Clippers shutting down peripheral stats. Same boat as Harden and Randle though, not calling for a monster, but the chance is there at reduced ownership.

Mem@Pho – I’m right with Vegas on this one, so no differentiating there. I’ve got Paul and Bridges as the only 5x players in this game and even with the increased ownership, Paul is my #2 owned PG right behind Doncic and Bridges is my #3 owned SF right behind Barrett. Memphis is terrible at giving up both 3s and steals, playing right into Paul’s hands and a little bit surprisingly, Jae Crowder. Phoenix gives up higher than average Offensive Rebounds and JVal is top 3 at getting to the offensive boards. JVal is looking at much lower ownership than I would expect and as my #4 C, I expect to be about double the field on him as half the field will jump on Joker, Wiseman, Ayton, and Zeller.

LAL@GS – So, some of you may have read my tilt rant on the LAC last night and study on front ends of back to backs. The Lakers fit this profile. After plugging these new factors in, I was shocked to see that I have GSW still winning this game and the third lowest chance of a blowout. My dreams of plugging in THT and Poole and Mannion as sneaky plays are over for tonight. Curry’s my #3 owned PG just behind Paul and LeBron is my #1 SF, even with the ownership being higher than I expected. Golden State is 3rd worst at giving up Offensive Rebounds. I expected this to benefit Harrell the most, but it is actually Kuzma who seems to benefit the most from offensive rebounds. With the snowball efeect, I’ll certainly be over the field on him. Wiseman’s ownership makes him an autofade for me. C’est la vie. I think the time I wasted on the study will be worth it in the future, but it certainly didn’t pan out like I was hoping on this game. The good news is it let me jump on the GSW moneyline for +118 and to be honest, I enjoy rooting for Golden State.

Good luck, all!

Bumping to show he had some really, really good stuff on here..

Holmes call.. Hield as a lower owned sleeper did well

Reduced ownership on Harden paid off

Poeltl as your #1 center… nice call!

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

@Yukerboy said...

I missed it, how’d THT do? :)

I did say THT is the only one I would play out of the 3 on page 2

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).