7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -4 ) at Boston ( 4 ) — T: 229
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 11 ) at Miami ( -11 ) — T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -9.5 ) at Houston ( 9.5 ) — T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 7 ) at Philadelphia ( -7 ) — T: 218.5
    9:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 6.5 ) at Chicago ( -6.5 ) — T: 225.5
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) — T: 238.5
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota( 8 ) at LA Lakers ( -8 ) — T: 223

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

I would rather hear Brendan239 and Brendan240 stories :)

I’m trying to get them on! With a couple surprises as well!

• Bodhisattva

Sounds like Svi is going to be in the rotation tonight for OKC? Any thoughts on how many minutes he gets?

• emnj69

u have been warned

• captainwacky

@emnj69 said...

u have been warned

Is that Taj calling for oxygen?

• dominicanpapi

2 news items I will be following:

Lu Dort – if he plays, its probably just going Shai, Poku, Roby and Brown as my exposures. If he’s out, I’ll add Ty Jerome.

Capela – if he’s in, really like him vs. Houston. I’d be shocked if he didn’t have 20 boards. I think there is a good chance he sits though, the heel injury is on his left foot, same area that was giving him Achilles trouble and why he didn’t play for a long while after being traded to Atlanta. If he’s out, Collins is my top power forward play on FD.

Essentially my PF exposure is dependent on the Capela news b/c you could either double punt with the OKC guys, play Collins + 1 of Poku/Roby, or if you really need to spend the salary, Zion and 1 of Poku/Roby.

Edit: I also agree with Panda on Lillard. Initially I didn’t like the play, but if CJ is only going to get 20 minutes and probably come off the bench to boot, you can take the usage rate info for Lillard and turn it down a smidge and still comes out as a solid play. Wouldn’t be shocked if CJ closed though.

• billythekidcowboysheat

Anyone playing the spring frenzy 100k to 1st on dk with me!?

Infested waters I’m sure

I’ve never played this type of contest. 4k plus entires, I’m assuming it will have more of cash type feel with more condensed field even though “top” players are in there. .

• mbunner23

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Infested waters I’m sure

I’ve never played this type of contest. 4k plus entires, I’m assuming it will have more of cash type feel with more condensed field even though “top” players are in there. .

Thinking about it because I’ve been on a heater but I don’t really like tonight’s slate.

• tmarohl

@mbunner23 said...

Thinking about it because I’ve been on a heater but I don’t really like tonight’s slate.

Yeah, this is one of the worst slates in a long time.

• monarch

I am going to jump into that stupid 4,444 man contest.

Plan on embedding as well to boost my odds

• monarch

• Pandamonious

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Infested waters I’m sure

Be careful. Not telling you what to do, but it won’t have that much of a cash feel. Not with 133 max entries. Yes, the winning score is likely to be lower than the fadeaway or whatever, but it won’t be drastically lower. The main thing in your favor will just be the lower rake, which isn’t nothing.

• frugal

I’m sure we’ll be waiting until the last second as Thibs begs Payton to hobble out there to start.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Be careful. Not telling you what to do, but it won’t have that much of a cash feel. Not with 133 max entries. Yes, the winning score is likely to be lower than the fadeaway or whatever, but it won’t be drastically lower. The main thing in your favor will just be the lower rake, which isn’t nothing.

I’d rather get in the smaller one even though it is only 20k to 1st

• Pandamonious

@theIrrigator said...

I’d rather get in the smaller one even though it is only 20k to 1st

I was thinking of suggesting that. 20K to 1st, but if you win, that’s still good money. The max entries is only 33, and some “sharks” or more elite sharp players won’t also join that one.

• superjon

Nance 50 burger at 3%

• zline34

You can’t be serious. Three 30 minute games in a row with 30+ FP and Kenyon is still min price on FD. I thought minimum he’d be 5k. This isn’t DFS. What should be a trap is a must play. No skill. In a perfect world 3 great games and lands in the 6 packs at 5.5k at 25% and completely duds. That’s how this is supposed to work. You can’t keep guys min price getting 30 minutes putting up those kind of numbers.

• Pandamonious

@zline34 said...

You can’t be serious. Three 30 minute games in a row with 30+ FP and Kenyon is still min price on FD. I thought minimum he’d be 5k. This isn’t DFS. What should be a trap is a must play. No skill.

Fade him. Play the game stays close. Especially if House plays. Stack the game, don’t play Martin.

Dude is dominating 4th quarters of blowouts. That’s it. Other wise sucks and probably won’t get more than 20 minutes.

• Durantdagoat

Is sato starting again is the big question at 3600

• dw12290

@Yukerboy said...

so I already grabbed Utah to cover 10.5 at +210

Just started reading the posts but thought I would say I took Boston +4.5 and under 228 tonight.

• tigerblu

Still new to this and I have a question.

When setting your lineups, is it better to pick out 2-3 high priced players that are also highly owned and sprinkle in a combo of low owned/mid-lower priced players? Or pick out 2-3 high owned low salary players and mix in a combo of lower owned mid-high salary players? I have a feeling the answer is it depends on the slate/match-ups/ and no real road map to a certain way of doing it.

I guess I am asking if there is a good strategy for a beginners approach. Is it a common knowledge not to have more than 1-2 guys on your roster below the $4000 salary?

• jdtrey

@captainwacky said...

Is that Taj calling for oxygen?

Either that or calling ahead to reserve his favorite bed at the hospital.

Sato still a good play with the slight price bump on FD? Didn’t seem to get many extra minutes so not really sure the 33 is repeatable?

• captainwacky

@Durantdagoat said...

Is sato starting again is the big question at 3600

If Sato doesn’t start again, I will go John Wick on Billy Donovan…

• dw12290

@Yukerboy said...

Note: Assuming all questionables are in.

Uta@Bos – Boston is the home team on the front end of a back to back, which inflates the blowout risk. Currently, I have it as a 1.5x the normal chance of being a blowout and regardless, I have Utah as a double digit favorite, so I already grabbed Utah to cover 10.5 at +210. I do have this as the second highest scoring game, yet I have no one projected at 5x here. Right now, I’m showing Donovan Mitchell will be my #2 SG and my #3 overall owned player with Boston in the bottom ten in giving up 3s, which also should bode well for Bogdanovich, but he’s disappeared since Conley’s return, plus there’s a SF I have on autolock. I have no Celtics in any of my top 40 owned players.

OKC@Chi – Chicago is also a home team on the front end of a back to back and I have this game as the top candidate to become a blowout, even worse than the Miami game at 57% and a 20% chance of being a 25+ point blowout. I took Chicago to cover 24.5 at 10:1, giving me 200% EV. The value is in the PF position with Pok and Roby BOTH over 5.5x and they are my #2 and #3 PFs respectively. With the potential of an extreme blowout, I’ll be forcing Moses Brown and Ty Jerome into 2% of my lineups. SGA is my #3 SG after manually bumping him down with the pending blowout. I like Patrick Williams here as a sneaky play withe what should be a big slow OKC frontcourt and Thad/Carter taking some pressure off him on the inside.

Cle@Mia – Both teams are on the front end of a B2B and while I’m showing them as the second highest blowout risk, I am also showing them as the highest 25+ point blowout risk. Taking Miami to cover 24.5 at 690 is still isn’t worth it to me, but you know what is? Taking Cleveland to cover -14.5 for +2100. This game is almost the same exact situation as the Clippers of two nights ago that started me on this back to back kick to begin with. I have Jarrett Allen as my #4 center even after manually reducing him for the expected blowout as Olynyk continues to get dominated while being dominating without Bam, who returns. The only other pick I really really like from this game is Dylan Windler as he’ll be blowout proof, will play more than normal against a backcourt heavy bench in Dragic/Herro and in an extreme blowout could get him well over 20 mintues to go along with 10 FGA at minimum price.

Atl@Hou – My focal point of the slate. Kenyon Martin will be locked in 100% of my lineups. I’m shocked his pricing has not gone up yet. I have Porter, Patton, Oladipo, Young, Capela, and pending on a minute limit, House all over 5x. Trae’s my #1 PG, Glassier is my #1 SG, Martin and Porter are my #1 and #4 SFs respectively, and Capela will be my #1 C with Patton being #5. There is also an above average blowout risk here at about 1.3x the normal chance, but I’m hoping Capela and Trae have done their damage well before it is out of hand. I admit it is scary to look at that Atlanta bench knowing they could easily go on a 20-2 run during the last half of the third quarter and the first half of the fourth.

NY@Phi – I have this as the closest game of the night, even after figuring in Philly being on the front end of a Back to back at home while NY is on the back end of a back to back on the road. I already took NY to cover the 6 point spread as I got this with Philly by 2. PG is a spot where I’m looking to pay up with all the values at the forward positions and that makes Simmons my #3 PG. Harris is also my #4 PF, but I’ll be so heavy on Roby/Pok that I’ll barely be over the field on Tobias, but definitely over the field on Bradley. With all the value and everyone looking at Howard, I’ll be looking to avoid him and may even fade him completely. The highest owned Knick I’ll have is Elf and that will still be below 10%. Randle will be an autofade for me.

NO@Por – I have this as the lowest risk of a blowout. Concentrating on the starters here, I have Lillard and Ball as my #2 and #4 PGs. Brandon Ingram as my #3 SF Williamson as my #1 PF and this is the least interest I have had in Kanter and Adams in a while. CJ McCollum makes things a little bit tricky, but I am assuming a 24 minute limit and possibly a bench role here. After going to the well with the real Melo the past two games, I have no interest in him today with the SF value. Vegas has this game pretty much nailed to me and I won’t be touching this one at all.

Min@LAL – The Lakers are the home team on the back end of a B2B. This should hurt them, but they are the Lakers and this is Minnesota. I have it with a below average risk of a blowout and Minnesota keeping it surprisingly close. As much as I despise the Minnesota defense, I’m still jumping on the under as I have both teams struggling to reach 110. AE is my #4 SG after SGA. I have Nowell, Reid, Harrell, James and Rubio all over 5x and Kuzma just 0.2 FDP away. While neither crack my top 4, I do have Rubio and Nowell in about 40% of my lineups. LeBron’s my #2 SF after locked in Kenyon Martin. KAT and Harrell are #2 and #3 as my Centers behind Capela. Obviously, should Capela be announced out, they will both jump up and Naz Reid could actually make a top 5 appearance.

Heading for bed, see you guys in a few hours.

Yea love reading these Yuker keep up the good work. I should pay more attention to things like this instead of my proven “I can’t pick crap” method.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

If a number of players remain game time decisions after lock, I have no qualms with doing a full fade of Utah/Biston as the only person of interest to me here is Mitchell.

I apologize for using the term Glassier for Oladipo. He’s more fragile than AD and while he’s my highest SG, I can easily picture him staying in the locker room in the second half. Also, with the trade deadline approaching and Oladipo being one of the best players on the market, I am concerned that any little twinge or tweak would be handled with kids gloves. I can’t see anyway Houston hangs on to him just to see him walk away after the season, but Lord knows I have underestimated the ineptitude of the Houston front office before.

And while I’m picking on Oladipo and AD, let me say that their seemingly constant injuries are also a result of the hustle they both display on the court. Sure, they are frustrating, but I never question the heart of either player.

• zeeshan2

really like anthony edwards as a late night hammer

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).