7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -4 ) at Boston ( 4 ) — T: 229
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 11 ) at Miami ( -11 ) — T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -9.5 ) at Houston ( 9.5 ) — T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 7 ) at Philadelphia ( -7 ) — T: 218.5
    9:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 6.5 ) at Chicago ( -6.5 ) — T: 225.5
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) — T: 238.5
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota( 8 ) at LA Lakers ( -8 ) — T: 223

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Cocomilk

Can time lord do work up against Rudy??

• monarch

@tigerblu said...

Still new to this and I have a question.

When setting your lineups, is it better to pick out 2-3 high priced players that are also highly owned and sprinkle in a combo of low owned/mid-lower priced players? Or pick out 2-3 high owned low salary players and mix in a combo of lower owned mid-high salary players? I have a feeling the answer is it depends on the slate/match-ups/ and no real road map to a certain way of doing it.

I guess I am asking if there is a good strategy for a beginners approach. Is it a common knowledge not to have more than 1-2 guys on your roster below the $4000 salary?

I would not box yourself into any specific rules when constructing a lineup. Every slate is different and tonight’s is weird. Two years ago it seemed like every night a balanced 6 or 7k build was taking down the tournaments. This year I have found myself paying up…last night every lineup I had contained Giannis and Luka but that’s just how I saw the slate.

Tonight is weird though. No clear pay up options, the value is not all that appealing and the one game that looks really good, well the prices are accurate.

On most slates I would want the 11k or 10k guy who goes 7x because that is far more valuable than the mid range Will Barton type that goes the same multiplier if that makes sense. Value is generally easier to find than a whole team of 7x options unless you find a game that goes nuts.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

I was thinking of suggesting that. 20K to 1st, but if you win, that’s still good money. The max entries is only 33, and some “sharks” or more elite sharp players won’t also join that one.

I have been on a cooler and have been at work all day so I will let someone else get in there lol

• billythekidcowboysheat

@Pandamonious said...

Be careful. Not telling you what to do, but it won’t have that much of a cash feel. Not with 133 max entries. Yes, the winning score is likely to be lower than the fadeaway or whatever, but it won’t be drastically lower. The main thing in your favor will just be the lower rake, which isn’t nothing.

I rarely ever play these. I’ve been a bad streak since break restart. Screw it, if I’m ever gonna turn it around hopefully can get it going tonight.

I just meant with only 4,444 entires, even the sharks will be more chalky.

• zline34

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

I rarely ever play these. I’ve been a bad streak since break restart. Screw it, if I’m ever gonna turn it around hopefully can get it going tonight.

I just meant with only 4,444 entires, even the sharks will be more chalky.

Don’t be scared to completely fade chalk.

• monarch

• monarch

I may be playing some Daniel Theis now

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

TT being out sucks. Now I’m going to want to play New Boban, except it’s against Gobert.

• Njsum1

@Cocomilk said...

Can time lord do work up against Rudy??

Centers are a mixed bad versus Utah. Yet if he starts and gets minutes, I’d be interested

• tigerblu

Appreciate the advice, I’ll see what tonight brings.

Thanks

• zline34

@Pandamonious said...

TT being out sucks. Now I’m going to want to play New Boban, except it’s against Gobert.

Literally doesn’t change anything for me. Still fuming about Kmarts price. I have 0 interest in that game.,

• Njsum1

@zline34 said...

Literally doesn’t change anything for me. Still fuming about Kmarts price.

Doesn’t change anything? Definitely changes something…IMO

• dw12290

@Pandamonious said...

Dude is dominating 4th quarters of blowouts. That’s it. Other wise sucks and probably won’t get more than 20 minutes.

Shouldn’t tonight be a blowout against Atlanta?

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Pandamonious said...

Fade him. Play the game stays close. Especially if House plays. Stack the game, don’t play Martin.

Dude is dominating 4th quarters of blowouts. That’s it. Other wise sucks and probably won’t get more than 20 minutes.

I have him at 21 minutes even with House playing. He’s locked in all of my lineups as I can never turn down a guy under 4k who should get 10 FGA. He’s also 20 years old, signed a four year contract, averaged well over a double double in the G League and is on a team that could be a tank contender for the rest of the year. The Rockets have no reason not to see him get extended run

But, eyes wide open, there’s an outside chance that his floor is literally zero.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Seems like centers smash Rudy every game

• emnj69

so I need your opinion on two teams

dk I can fit in sato or moses

dk I can play randle or bron

thanks for your thoughts

• mbunner23

@Yukerboy said...

I have him at 21 minutes even with House playing. He’s locked in all of my lineups as I can never turn down a guy under 4k who should get 10 FGA. He’s also 20 years old, signed a four year contract, averaged well over a double double in the G League and is on a team that could be a tank contender for the rest of the year. The Rockets have no reason not to see him get extended run

But, eyes wide open, there’s an outside chance that his floor is literally zero.

I didn’t watch the last game but I don’t think Martin was going to get there until the game completely blowed out.

• monarch

It is a boost to Theis, a major boost to Jayson Tatum who now plays the entire game at the four albeit against Royce O’Neal but still a winnable matchup. I say it is a boost to the overall game environment which is pushing a 230 O/U now.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@zline34 said...

Don’t be scared to completely fade chalk.

My issue is never chalk.

I know how to differentiate, but my main issue has been my “stud” guys have been busting.

Once that happens it’s literally like a ship sinking, nothing you can do about it.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@emnj69 said...

so I need your opinion on two teams

dk I can fit in sato or moses

dk I can play randle or bron

thanks for your thoughts

Sato has a higher floor, Moses has a higher ceiling. I like gambling. Go Moses.

Randle is an autofade for me. LeBron had a TD even though his final FDP didn’t really reflect that with all the turnovers and the Laker/Wolves game should be surprisingly close.

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

Seems like centers smash Rudy every game

It’s a mixed bag versus Gobert. Some centers smash, others not so much.

The question is…how many minutes will TL get?

Don’t think he’s played more than 25 in his whole career. (At least last 2 years) if he’s going to play 30 minutes, for 5600, I’d have a lot of interest. Yet that’s not something we’re likely to know until the game is over.

• emnj69

@Yukerboy said...

Sato has a higher floor, Moses has a higher ceiling. I like gambling. Go Moses.

Randle is an autofade for me. LeBron had a TD even though his final FDP didn’t really reflect that with all the turnovers and the Laker/Wolves game should be surprisingly close.

thanks
    just curious who do you think on sixers can stop randle ? is it due to playing last night? Dude was pissed how last night ended too. as a knicks guy I think he drops 60 again tonight

• Durantdagoat

Ohhhhhh boy Robert Williams will smash that 5600$ price tag with Tristan out tonight

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@dw12290 said...

Shouldn’t tonight be a blowout against Atlanta?

Maybe.

I’m just saying there is justification to fading him, if you really want to. Best thing to do if you fade him IMO is play the game as close.

All I’m saying is this:

Martins last 3 games split :

3/11 against SAC – 11:30 first half minutes, 10.8 FP/ 20:40 2nd half minutes, 20 FP

3/12 against UTA – 12 first half minutes, 13.3 FP/ 16:38 2nd half minutes, 26.2 FP

3/14 against BOS – 10:36 first half minutes, 13.7 FP/ 20:22 2nd half minutes, 23.6 FP

If the game doesn’t blow out, what happens?

• jdtrey

@Pandamonious said...

New Boban

How dare you insult Boban like that!!

Williams has to be a DK only thing? I don’t personally see it there either but no way I’m wasting my C spot and 6k on that clown on FD.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).