7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -4 ) at Boston ( 4 ) — T: 229
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 11 ) at Miami ( -11 ) — T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -9.5 ) at Houston ( 9.5 ) — T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : New York ( 7 ) at Philadelphia ( -7 ) — T: 218.5
    9:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 6.5 ) at Chicago ( -6.5 ) — T: 225.5
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) — T: 238.5
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota( 8 ) at LA Lakers ( -8 ) — T: 223

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

Maybe.

I’m just saying there is justification to fading him, if you really want to. Best thing to do if you fade him IMO is play the game as close.

All I’m saying is this:

Martins last 3 games split :

3/11 against SAC – 11:30 first half minutes, 10.8 FP/ 20:40 2nd half minutes, 20 FP

3/12 against UTA – 12 first half minutes, 13.3 FP/ 16:38 2nd half minutes, 26.2 FP

3/14 against BOS – 10:36 first half minutes, 13.7 FP/ 20:22 2nd half minutes, 23.6 FP

If the game doesn’t blow out, what happens?

Well…HOU has lost 16 straight, less than a handful have been closer than 10 points. Not saying a blow out is certain, but HOU has a clear trajectory in the 2nd half of the season and I’d except blowouts more often than not.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@jdtrey said...

How dare you insult Boban like that!!

Williams has to be a DK only thing? I don’t personally see it there either but no way I’m wasting my C spot and 6k on that clown on FD.

The only player on this slate averaging more FPPM than Time Lord is Jimmy Butler.

• frugal

Any chance Moses Brown sees 30 minutes tonight?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Well…HOU has lost 16 straight, less than a handful have been closer than 10 points. Not saying a blow out is certain, but HOU has a clear trajectory in the 2nd half of the season and I’d except blowouts more often than not.

For sure. Not trying to talk anyone out of Martin, just saying if you’re playing FD and want a reason to fade, you can justify it around the game not blowing out. Then hoping he only plays 20-22 minutes and stays south of 27-ish FP’s.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

Any chance Moses Brown sees 30 minutes tonight?

I don’t see why he would. Mid 20’s seems fair though. CHI doesn’t really play big. You could even make an argument for starting Roby/Poku, if Thad Young is your starting C.

• Durantdagoat

No one on Roberts William ??

• monarch

@Durantdagoat said...

No one on Roberts William ??

I see zero edge to play a priced up more popular Robert Williams III who piles up points against really soft teams like Houston just because Tristan Thompson is out. He has more appeal if he is starting. If Theis starts then I am playing 4200 Theis. Williams will no doubt get in there and do his thing but at 5600 I don’t see him breaking the slate against Utah.

• dw12290

@Pandamonious said...

If the game doesn’t blow out, what happens?

12.6 points most likely but I have to have him in a LU or 2 just in case.

• frugal

Alright, I need Capela news before I dig in further I think. Lot’s to like in the mid range on DK tonight: Collins, Kuzma, Thad, Huerter, Ball all in solid spots. Shai may the the highest guy I pay up for unless some very clear value opens up (looking at you OKC).

• Durantdagoat

Put up 40 against pacers and another good outing at Denver and Atlanta I don’t see those teams as soft guarding the C position

• Durantdagoat

Thies also only played 6 mins for a reason

• monarch

@Durantdagoat said...

Thies also only played 6 mins for a reason

Ya, you asked the question so I gave you my answer. Sounds like you are on Robert Williams III as will a lot of people. That’s not my style to go with the masses on a 25 minute capped guy/priced up who really has no guarantee other than starting. He has certain eruption spots but those are nicer to be on when he was 3300 and not 5600.

Utah is weak against centers that shoot threes. Theis made five of them last time they played. So that’s my rationale if he were to start. His other two performances were 27 and 31 DK points vs the Jazz. Robert Williams III would need his ceiling effort to reach a similar multiplier.

But that’s just me. I am often incorrect.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t see why he would. Mid 20’s seems fair though. CHI doesn’t really play big. You could even make an argument for starting Roby/Poku, if Thad Young is your starting C.

I have Roby and Poku starting with Moses following Wendell Carter off the bench, giving both around 20 minutes.
    His ceiling is higher than that and he’ll be in some of my lineups, but I’m not necessarily targeting him either.

• xwalker5

@tigerblu said...

Still new to this and I have a question.

When setting your lineups, is it better to pick out 2-3 high priced players that are also highly owned and sprinkle in a combo of low owned/mid-lower priced players? Or pick out 2-3 high owned low salary players and mix in a combo of lower owned mid-high salary players? I have a feeling the answer is it depends on the slate/match-ups/ and no real road map to a certain way of doing it.

I guess I am asking if there is a good strategy for a beginners approach. Is it a common knowledge not to have more than 1-2 guys on your roster below the $4000 salary?

I don’t use optimizers, or advanced stats, but focusing on having a small player pool works for me. I try to keep it to about 11-12 players every night, no matter how many lineups I’m running.

I think it’s a good rule to not have more than 1-2 guys under $4k unless there are injuries opening up big minutes. No point in tryna be a genius/tryna pick the right dart when you can just take the obvious high floor guys.

And if I was just starting, I’d build around Beard, Bron, or Giannis every single night

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

Unico,

Who do you like on DK tonight?

• zline34

@monarch said...

Ya, you asked the question so I gave you my answer. Sounds like you are on Robert Williams III as will a lot of people. That’s not my style to go with the masses on a 25 minute capped guy/priced up who really has no guarantee other than starting. He has certain eruption spots but those are nicer to be on when he was 3300 and not 5600.

Utah is weak against centers that shoot threes. Theis made five of them last time they played. So that’s my rationale if he were to start. His other two performances were 27 and 31 DK points vs the Jazz. Robert Williams III would need his ceiling effort to reach a similar multiplier.

But that’s just me. I am often incorrect.

Shark fade

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

That’s not my style to go with the masses on a 25 minute capped

That’s what I’m trying to figure out…is he actually capped at 25, or has he just never played more than 25 due to circumstance.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

That’s what I’m trying to figure out…is he actually capped at 25, or has he just never played more than 25 due to circumstance.

All I know, is he’s only played over 25 minutes twice in his career and the most he has played is 29.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

The extra thing about Robert Williams on FD is center SUCKS. Everyone is in a bad spot or overpriced. Especially if Capela doesn’t play. That’s why Browns ownership will be so inflated. What a heap of trash, unless I’m missing something.

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

Not sure. He does have a rare leg condition (paes) in both legs that was diagnosed back in 2018. It is possible that the Celtics medical team limits him due to this.

https://samcelt.forumotion.net/t17993-the-robert-williams-iii-leg-problem

• Durantdagoat

@Njsum1 said...

That’s what I’m thinking.. yes I understand having Theis on the floor pulls Rudy out but what happens on defense. I’d love to hear Robert starting but I think if Rudy comes out hot which I think they will try to do early Roberts is a 🔒 for 30 mins

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@MickyD10970 said...

Unico,

Who do you like on DK tonight?

Can’t speak for him but DK contest selection today not great for what he normally plays. He may be sitting this one out

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Can’t speak for him but DK contest selection today not great for what he normally plays. He may be sitting this one out

Depends if he got into the initial $100 spring frenzy. Putting a few in that is what I thought was exactly up his ally.

• dgballer

@Durantdagoat said...

That’s what I’m thinking.. yes I understand having Theis on the floor pulls Rudy out but what happens on defense. I’d love to hear Robert starting but I think if Rudy comes out hot which I think they will try to do early Roberts is a 🔒 for 30 mins

his name is Williams and if he gets 30 mins against Rudy probably has a good chance of fouling out of the game imho

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Also keep in mind that Time Lord gets his usage with the likes of Pritchard, Ojeleye and Teague.
    Time Lord starting drives my low ownership of Celtics even lower.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).