7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Indiana ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3.5 ) at Miami ( -3.5 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 7.5 ) at Atlanta ( -7.5 ) —- T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( 11.5 ) at San Antonio ( -11.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    7:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• dakimbell

@crowntheirasses said...

OK, I get it’s Jason Kidd but can anyone explain WTF happened as far as the starters basically not getting their 4th quarter run? I watched some of the game but not after half. When I look at the box score, I just don’t get it? Looks like Middleton and Parker struggled a bit but why punish Monroe too? I guess Plumlee was just bringing the energy and activity. They got the W so from that standpoint Kidd did his job. I know he’s one of the DFS risk point coaches. but this is the first time I feel severely burned by him this year.

Yea usually lately he runs his young guns hard, i have seen Giannis and Middleton play entire 4th quarters several times recently. Tonite the bench brought a spark, and i think he was content riding the bench as long as the game was comfortable to get the young starters some needed rest. And memphis never could get it too close for comfort..

• viciousphilpy

I thought for sure Kidd would put them back in when Memphis got the game within 8, but I think Kidd ultimately did the right thing. Ennis was playing well and as long as they got the W, he did what he had to do I guess.

• crowntheirasses

Interesting phenomenon or Universal Law of DFS I’ve been experiencing A LOT lately. I got cute and made the mistake of fading Biyombo in cash. I used Lavoy Allen, I know, stupid and gpp punt at best, especially when he didn’t get the start, but thought I could get away with it and enhance my lineup construction (majorly flawed thinking, I admit.) As soon as lock (I play DK almost exclusively) I see the % on Allen at .5% and Biyombo at 62% and basically before the ball even goes up, I know I’ve likely lost (I’m obviously a pessimist and cynic by nature.) In these scenarios, not only is it almost assured that the play I made the mistake on will go ballistic, but I also get a corresponding disaster of a performance from the mistake play I actually made. On top of that, some odd scenario or blowout will put the final death blow to my ticket. Tonight I had Giannis, Lance and Monroe, and when you play this game enough you can feel the rhythm, either chasing it, trying to rise up or falling. My meter was fine and rising and so long as I got the 4th quarter run from those 3 players, I would have min cashed easily, but the Universal Law of DFS Punishment reached down and left me .25 short of cash game break even. This Law seems to apply 90% of the time when a single fundamental strategic mistake is made. I know some still cashed without Biyombo, but I don’t chalk this up to hindsight bias or variance. There is some corresponding force, and I find it frustrating but also fascinating. Of course, if I just stopped with the fundamental mistakes I’d experience the winning end of this Law more often than not. The field is so good now that it’s basically one mistake to failure on most nights, especially on a chalk play night like tonight. Anyone else feel this mysterious force or am I just bananas?

• sidislike

IF Barnes is suspended on Saturday then Lance may become the highest owned player of all time

• marino4ever

Those feels when you replace Biyombo with Jordan Hill… That move cost me money across the board. Hill started out pretty strong too. Blah. Onto tomorrow.

• viciousphilpy

@sidislike said...

IF Barnes is suspended on Saturday then Lance may become the highest owned player of all time

I’m pretty sure Biyombo against the Celtics tomorrow will be higher owned.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).