7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Indiana ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 3.5 ) at Miami ( -3.5 ) —- T: 209.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 7.5 ) at Atlanta ( -7.5 ) —- T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 0 ) at Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( 11.5 ) at San Antonio ( -11.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    7:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• deerosa

@nita0311 said...

I havent spoke in this thread in a while. Since i started two yrs ago this site has been everything to me…especially for football..but now that we are in NBA season..it turned out much diff than last season. The value plays have been KILLING ME this yr. I honestly just dont know when i shld and shldnt use them. Last night i made the best and worse choice. Best Lance Stephenson. Worst Alex Stephenson / Babbit smh anyways…i hope to do better with the value plays. Jumpahoo’s article and the grind down and daily research does have me doing better in the second half of the season. The dfs bootcamp cant come fast enough lol 😋 by the way i play GPP only

I sent you a PM.

• BooduhKing

Who can guard Lance on Milwaukee tonight? I’m thinking he goes off again.

• hobbes2d

@KillaChap said...

I stand by stacking as it’s the only way I’ve ever taken down a GPP (don’t congratulate me, it was only a quarter arcaded.) The problem is that it’s only worked once and the other hundred or so times, it hasn’t.

I’m still angry I backed off of Lance Stephenson last night fearing he wouldn’t play after lock.

I’m more upset that I was leading the Top 20 win $1000 last night by 20 points but ended up getting passed by everyone by the end of the last 2 games. This is why it’s not always best to pay up for certain guys or positions. I had great performances from Wall and Durant but in Durant’s case there were much cheaper SF who scored pretty close to his final pt total. Lance and Tobias Harris both had huge games for example. Had I saved some of that money I could have rostered DAJ or something. Or like Isaiah Thomas only outscored Brandon Jennings by a half a point and he cost $3600 more.

• dakimbell

@hobbes2d said...

I’m more upset that I was leading the Top 20 win $1000 last night by 20 points but ended up getting passed by everyone by the end of the last 2 games. This is why it’s not always best to pay up for certain guys or positions. I had great performances from Wall and Durant but in Durant’s case there were much cheaper SF who scored pretty close to his final pt total. Lance and Tobias Harris both had huge games for example. Had I saved some of that money I could have rostered DAJ or something. Or like Isaiah Thomas only outscored Brandon Jennings by a half a point and he cost $3600 more.

That’s frustrating, I know it is. I have actually been winning first place in a GPP before as late as like 9 PM CT and by the end of the night didn’t even min cash.

• danderson05

Does anyone else feel like Antetokounmpo will put up 60+ on Memphis defense?

• rcass

@danderson05 said...

If scrubs don’t play 4th qtr.

• hobbes2d

@danderson05 said...

Given Memphis’ short bench I would expect them to be down by 20 + points at half. Especially considering they’re playing for the 2nd night in a row and 3rd game in 4 nights.

• dakimbell

@rcass said...

If scrubs don’t play 4th qtr.

I would feel a lot better about the Grizzlies chances of keeping it close had they not played lastnight. Still though, that game makes me for an interesting stack on both sides. If it is close, there will be huge scores on both sides.

• crowntheirasses

@debeatup said...

I don’t think it’s accurate to call it a “revenge” situation for LMA considering that he voluntarily left as a UFA.

I think this statement is correct and would also add that IMO real “revenge” games generally only occur on the home floor of the team that was departed from. There’s as much an element of trying to “stick it” to the fans as the player’s departed team. I’m not a big narrative guy and take it all with a grain of salt but admit there can be circumstances of added motivation from certain situations. This is probably not one of them.

• fsu1grk

Kinda off topic a little, but can anyone give me some tips on how you set up your sliders in the lineup builder? Lets say for 25 lineups on a two game slate for Draftkings. How many core players should I use, and should I lock those players or set them at a certain percentage?? Thanks for any help!

• mqburnett

He’s going aaginst the Grizzlies. He will be in all of my lineups. The Griz dont do well on the back end of back to back when they have to travel.

• Dean21

Firing up the Shelvin Mack death train again tonight!! All aboard!!

(though he has stayed on the rails the past couple games)

• zpa1989

jordan hill now with mahinmi out? or is lavoy allen/miles turner going to get all the run.

• mqburnett

@TheZ0diac, some people tend to stack the very first game of the day.

• nita0311

@deerosa said...

I sent you a PM.

Okay ill check it in a sec, sorry i was working

• moedigs

@hobbes2d said...

that’s the key to NBA DFS.. when to spot the value and when to pay up for the studs.. hindsight is always 20/20.. gluck on tonight everyone

• DFSNewbie

Any reason FD hasn’t put the late slates yet?

• nita0311

@fcurev said...

how much money did you win off that 2nd place finish in the NFL $2 tourney?

10,750 and it wld have been 12k but someone else had the same line up as me ☺

• rogs

@hobbes2d said...

but in Durant’s case there were much cheaper SF who scored pretty close to his final pt total. Lance and Tobias Harris both had huge games for example.

This is the approach that moves my average LU scores up. So ABC has been like a Durant but cheaper. Now he is priced closer to the elite so I am looking for the next one. Like Devon Booker almost has averages and ceiling as those 1500 higher than him at the position. (weaker example) Some of these are short bursts but some really do rise to a new level, like Giannis Antetokounmpo). Takes time and bumps along the way. It takes good player and good team circumstances to make it move though. IMHO

• nita0311

@BUFUu2 said...

Off Subject guys sorry, What does the leaderboard on the profile exactly mean. Mine says 14,773 / 32,305 is that worth a shit, or does it mean nothing.

Means you need to work a little harder. Thats your overall rank on this board.

• zpa1989

thinking of trying that turner/hill stack with mahinmi out. worked i think 3 times this season pretty well when mahinmi was out. turner/hill price has gone down the value is there and the matchup is ok if jonas is out. not amazing but good enough

kind of think schroder is a sneaky meat pick of the night.

• lloydjv1

@Dean21 said...

Firing up the Shelvin Mack death train again tonight!! All aboard!!

(though he has stayed on the rails the past couple games)

LOL, me too for some reason. Actually he looks pretty decent on paper with this one.

• damionismyname

@TheZ0diac said...

I’m having a brutal week, LOL. I have one question, how do some guys have almost 150+ points in the first half hour when my lineup seems to be twiddling their thumbs. What am I doing wrong|?

thats because they are stacking, picking multiple players from one game. its a good strategy some nights but if the time sucks and gets blown out, its not.

• Bellest

@nita0311 said...

Means you need to work a little harder. Thats your overall rank on this board.

Also worth noting, per RG:
    “As of 10/5/2015, we only track tournaments and satellites with prize pools of $10,000 or more that also have a minimum of 10 players”.
    They don’t track cash games, so the rankings are a bit skewed for those of us that play a lot of 50/50s, double ups, etc,

• Beevsbee

@mqburnett said...

@TheZ0diac, some people tend to stack the very first game of the day.

Never works…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).