7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -4.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 4.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at Washington ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( -8.5 ) at Brooklyn ( 8.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    7:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 4 ) at Detroit ( -4 ) —- T: 200.5
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Miami ( -4.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -4.5 ) at New Orleans ( 4.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    10:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 3 ) at Phoenix ( -3 ) —- T: 220
    10:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -7 ) at LA Lakers ( 7 ) —- T: 213

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• eatmyturf23

@zpa1989 said...

you like george hill better on the other side of that matchup?

Let me see the prices… one minute…

edit:
    No, I still hate George Hill haha. He’s just too damn volatile. He can put up the same average 31mins (like his 4 weeks’ past) yet swing wildly between 15 and 40+ FPs on DK. If you don’t care about the bad floor, then go for it. He’s in that mid-range sweet spot and has the 6-7x ceiling you want for tourneys. I’d just rather pay up to someone like Kemba or … I guess Conley (even vs SAS) as he would have a safe 4x floor.

It’s a great match vs CHI at PG and as a team whole, but you never know with him. If you expand his recent FP/min (not season), at 31mins, you’d think he’d get 33 FPs. He might, but I wouldn’t touch him in cash — note I don’t play cash anymore, haha, but still…

At least George Hill usage is around 20%, which is actually fair on the Jazz… Hayward leads the starters with 25 to 27% (4w to 1wk #‘s).

• gravitymaze

@rebkell said...

I watched a lot of the Kentucky game tonight, they supposedly have 3 players that will go in the first round of the draft and UCLA has Lonzo Ball predicted to go anywhere from 1 to 3 in the draft and of course I watched a couple of hours of ‘Iron Fist’ on Netflix.

Heard about Lonzo Ball how did he do?

• Rrich68

@damionismyname said...

53rd in the shot and zubac sat most of the 4th, fuck Walton seriously. 12 points from 1st. Smh

On fd? I was 46th and 16 fps away from first. Also with zubac and alphabet.

• damionismyname

@Rrich68 said...

On fd? I was 46th and 16 fps away from first. Also with zubac and alphabet.

Yeah, bullshit had clarkson, Middleton and zubac and ot would have done it for us.

• Syzltuth

@gravitymaze said...

OT was it weird or wrong that I was watching the League of Legends tournament nerds play over the NBA players?

That’s funny, I just made my lus for tomorrow’s lol slates haha. Those matches are sometimes more entertaining than real sports.

• eatmyturf23

@eatmyturf23 said...

Let me see the prices… one minute…

edit:
    No, I still hate George Hill haha. He’s just too damn volatile. He can put up the same average 31mins (like his 4 weeks’ past) yet swing wildly between 15 and 40+ FPs on DK. If you don’t care about the bad floor, then go for it. He’s in that mid-range sweet spot and has the 6-7x ceiling you want for tourneys. I’d just rather pay up to someone like Kemba or … I guess Conley (even vs SAS) as he would have a safe 4x floor.

It’s a great match vs CHI at PG and as a team whole, but you never know with him. If you expand his recent FP/min (not season), at 31mins, you’d think he’d get 33 FPs. He might, but I wouldn’t touch him in cash — note I don’t play cash anymore, haha, but still…

At least George Hill usage is around 20%, which is actually fair on the Jazz… Hayward leads the starters with 25 to 27% (4w to 1wk #‘s).

^^^
    ZPA. quoting myself for ya’ in case you’re not flipping back pages. Here are my George Hill thoughts vs CHI.

• eatmyturf23

@Rrich68 said...

Priced up? A guy who can get 40 fantasy points at $5800!! I’m sure you love multiples, that’s a nice one!! That’s why he’s a gpp play. Of course he could get teens, thus no cash. I guess to each there own!!

Rondo was 6500 on DK today, and 5800 on FD. I was focused on DK, sorry . But yes, even with Rondo tightly priced back down on DK to 5800 (good job DK, I’m actually loving this tight pricing), I’m not falling into that trap.

edit: which means you’ll be right and he’ll smash, Rich. :D I won’t be surprised at 5x (30 FPs), but I don’t think the ceiling is there against a grinding pace-down Utah team and bad individual matchup against Hill.

• rebkell

@gravitymaze said...

Heard about Lonzo Ball how did he do?

I was late tuning into that game and he got hurt, he played but he wasn’t feeling too well, he took a pretty wicked fall and fell on his hip. They UCLA won so he’ll play again Sunday, but didn’t really catch him doing much tonight. They have some stuff on bballbreakdown on youtube where they scout the top 3 or so draft prospects, you can check them out. He’s got a funny looking release on his shot.

• KindGuy

Mixed bag again. Some really nice picks and some ice cold duds.

PG-Harden 83

SG-Bradley 24.25

SF-Barnes 13.75

PF-Davis 52.75

C-Len 33.5

G-Young 24.75

F-Ellington 11.5

U-Hilario 0

• gravitymaze

@Syzltuth said...

That’s funny, I just made my lus for tomorrow’s lol slates haha. Those matches are sometimes more entertaining than real sports.

Yeah at this point of the year you can make your lu very fast. I mean we know the match ups by now. Just need to tweak them later. But yeah the LoL games are just fun to watch sometimes. Not sure what the heck I“m watching but think I get the gist of it lol.

• QSchoolDropOut

Dirk screwed me over tonight.

Having just started playing NBA draft kings, I was surprised at how many people understood what a great value Marcus Smart was today. 58 percent of the people in the $4 contest played him. This means that everybody is doing their research to know that he was greatly underpriced for the minutes he was expected to play. I am surprised that that many people would know that. I thought that most players just throw $4 bucks into the contest after a hard day of work and randomly pick the players who they like. Now, that I know so many people are following it this closely changes the calculation. Marcus Smart may not have been such an obvious play if everyone is on the same page about a player who is really not that great. Still learning.

• KindGuy

@QSchoolDropOut said...

Having just started playing NBA draft kings, I was surprised at how many people understood what a great value Marcus Smart was today. 58 percent of the people in the $4 contest played him. This means that everybody is doing their research to know that he was greatly underpriced for the minutes he was expected to play. I am surprised that that many people would know that. I thought that most players just throw $4 bucks into the contest after a hard day of work and randomly pick the players who they like. Now, that I know so many people are following it this closely changes the calculation. Marcus Smart may not have been such an obvious play if everyone is on the same page about a player who is really not that great. Still learning.

There are a multitude of factors. Here are just a few.

The field has gotten so sharp over the last couple years.

Proliferation of DFS advice sites, twitter lineup sellers,etc.

More data since it’s later into the season.

Field is somewhat sharper on DK.

• Syzltuth

@QSchoolDropOut said...

Smart was starting in place of Isaiah Thomas today so was getting his minutes instead of coming off the bench. But was still priced down at a bench players level. Smart has also shown that he can produce when given the start as he filled in earlier in the year. Situations like this are what you need to look for to give you value so you can plug in the more expensive, higher producing players (Westbrook, harden, Davis, etc). There were several players today that were filling in like smart did, just had to find them.

• QSchoolDropOut

Yeah, I understand why Smart was a great play … I was surprised that everyone knew the exact same thing and did the same thing.

• MrPerfekt7

Hit over 300 tonight on DK
    I’m shocked 😳

• Enlightenmint

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2021 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

The news came out a few days ago, anytime people get extreme early news about a big guy out, it leads to way higher ownership. Also if you are new to NBA, it’s unlike other sports in that fading the cheap chalk is prob not a great idea.

• Dash

well, even without all the advice sites etc… Smart was a lock for me, after the Thomas news….he did put up some nice numbers in the past , so i was hoping he can do it again…. since beginning of the year he had like a 51, 43, 44, 37, 35, 34, 33 …

so , i was hoping for at least 35 and maybe a couple on top …

oh well, sometimes it works out, sometimes … it sucks :)

• HungryHungryHip

317.50 on DK, over 300 on FD and solid on Fdraft. 3x investment. Nights like these you wish you’d played more volume. On to tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great night!

• DirkDigglerz

Harden Saved me and Nikola Mirotic broke even tonight

• billholler

@elementasrat said...

U-Hilario 0

Was announced pretty early that he wasn’t even playing last night sooooo……

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).