• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -11.5 ) at Washington ( 11.5 ) — T: 237
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 5 ) at New York ( -5 ) — T: 206.5
    7:30 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) — T: 225.5
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 1 ) at Portland ( -1 ) — T: 239
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 10 ) at Phoenix ( -10 ) — T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 8 ) at LA Lakers ( -8 ) — T: 224.5

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

My favorite second grade show-and-tell was 1/4 about the Minnesota Timberwolves. I was born and raised in San Diego, so of course it was. But actually, the project was to talk about something we were excited about, and naturally, 5 year old me wanted to talk about NBA expansion.

It has been a long tough haul but there has been some good times. It was truly a priveledge to watch the career of Kevin Garnet. I was lucky enough as a young man to work at a bar where the owner had floor seats to every home game. There were 10 seats that were supposed to be given away to customers/vendors etc… but me and a buddy managed to go to a ton of the games. They were not any good but I will never forget those memories. I will always remember thinking how big the NBA players were up close in person.

• tmarohl

@MickyD10970 said...

It has been a long tough haul but there has been some good times. It was truly a priveledge to watch the career of Kevin Garnet. I was lucky enough as a young man to work at a bar where the owner had floor seats to every home game. There were 10 seats that were supposed to be given away to customers/vendors etc… but me and a buddy managed to go to a ton of the games. They were not any good but I will never forget those memories. I will always remember thinking how big the NBA players were up close in person.

Yeah, I have sat on the floor a few times at Bucks games. When you are sitting low, and someone like Giannis or Brook Lopez is standing over you, you feel like a shrimp, and I’m a 6’2” 240 pound guy.

• tmarohl

@MickyD10970 said...

Pups are going to pull this one out.

• captainwacky

My favorite NBA game experience was sitting up close at a pacers/bulls playoff game in Chicago. Three amazing things from that game:

—I wore an Omer Asik (that I had to custom make lol) jersey courtside. Got on ESPN, got his autograph, it was tremendous.
    —My then-GF would not stop talking about how big Carlos Boozer’s ass was.
    —The guy next to me just incessantly heckled Jeff Foster while on the bench — and even better, while he rode a stationary bike during the game despite only playing like 3 minutes.

• billythekidcowboysheat

The winning lineup on dk has ayton at center🤣

• tmarohl

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

The winning lineup on dk has ayton at center🤣

Kanter on FD

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@captainwacky said...

incessantly heckled Jeff Foster while on the bench — and even better, while he rode a stationary bike during the game despite only playing like 3 minutes.

Love it. I’m a big heckle guy. My go to is telling the guy he’s gonna be headed to (AAA city), usually the Mariners and Tacoma. Would go to the Big A with like 5,000 fans there and the players could hear everything. Dustin Ackley is not a fan of mine

• Hayday12

7/9 of my lineups made the cash line so that’s good i guess lol.

• captainwacky

@Sleazygreazy said...

Love it. I’m a big heckle guy. My go to is telling the guy he’s gonna be headed to (AAA city), usually the Mariners and Tacoma. Would go to the Big A with like 5,000 fans there and the players could hear everything. Dustin Ackley is not a fan of mine

I’m somewhere in the middle as a heckler, but my cousin is a pro. When we were like 12, I remember going to a Padres games at the Q and him calling Jeff Bagwell a ‘Pompous Windbag’ for an entire game. I don’t know about you, but as an adult, if a 12 year old called me that, I would be shook.

• tmarohl

You guys are not old enough to know the names of the guys I used to heckle at Brewer games back in the day.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@captainwacky said...

I’m somewhere in the middle as a heckler, but my cousin is a pro. When we were like 12, I remember going to a Padres games at the Q and him calling Jeff Bagwell a ‘Pompous Windbag’ for an entire game. I don’t know about you, but as an adult, if a 12 year old called me that, I would be shook.

Shook AF, could make your balls shrivel, well not his, hey o

But you’re right heckling is 99% of the time distasteful. Gotta pick your spots otherwise it’s obnoxious and generally uncalled for

• zeeshan2

Flames in all my lineups except for gobert, clarkson, and ayton and I barely missed cashing despite going for 300+. So dumb

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@tmarohl said...

You guys are not old enough to know the names of the guys I used to heckle at Brewer games back in the day.

Robin Yount? Kurt Bevacoua? I’d drive a fn limo to pick him up and make sure the c sucker was in the lineup.

No bigger realization in my life than when I realized the glove on the hat is also an M and a B

• emoney1214

About 30 percent of people had the same cash game lineup on fd and they split the crap out of min cashing in a ton. I’m was above that but I’m officially done with that.

Also seemed like pick a sg on fd not named clarkson and they did well

• tmarohl

Man, back in the day, 18 year old drinking age, when they used to regularly schedule double headers, and you could sit in the bleachers at County Stadium and just be drunk as a skunk heckling the opposing outfielders.

Stadium was also open for batting practice. Jim Palmer from the Orioles probably saved my life one day during batting practice when I wasn’t paying attention, leaning over the wall, and a line drive was hit at my face. he told me to pay fucking attention after he leaped over the wall and caught the ball an inch in front of my face.

Bullpens were underneath the bleachers. Used to heckle opposing pitchers as they were warming up. Would tell them to show me their screwball or something similar. Tell them they didn’t have it today. Ask them to autograph a ball from batting practice. They would do it if you bought them a hot dog or some popcorn.

You youngsters missed all the fun.

• tmarohl

@Sleazygreazy said...

Robin Yount? Kurt Bevacoua? I’d drive a fn limo to pick him up and make sure the c sucker was in the lineup.

No bigger realization in my life than when I realized the glove on the hat is also an M and a B

I used to go hard at Dennis Eckersly and Johnny Grubb from Cleveland.

• tmarohl

@Sleazygreazy said...

I was actually second row behind the dugout the day Yount got his 2500th hit. Photo made the Milwaukee Sentinel. Got a hard copy of the picture, and sent it to Yount asking for his autograph in a self addressed stamped envelope. Of course, he signed it. That is the way autographs used to be handled back in the day.

I used to have a baseball card collection from the 70’s and 80’s. There used to be lists of players mailing addresses. You could send cards to their houses with a self addressed stamped envelope and they would sign them for free. You could do the same thing by sending cards to the ballclub with a self addressed stamped envelope. You would get them back 90% of the time autographed.

Now, if you want an autograph, you go pay $100 bucks to stand in line at a signing or something.

• captainwacky

It’s crazy how much of a cliff that ability to connect took. I’m 33, which is way young relative to the people and actions we’re discussing. I have a glove signed by A-Rod from an exhibition game at Qualcomm, and he LITERALLY picked me up and brought me into foul territory pregame to get it. Not sure that would go down now.

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

It’s crazy how much of a cliff that ability to connect took. I’m 33, which is way young relative to the people and actions we’re discussing. I have a glove signed by A-Rod from an exhibition game at Qualcomm, and he LITERALLY picked me up and brought me into foul territory pregame to get it. Not sure that would go down now.

Add 25 and you are my age, when stuff was much more wild.

• gaelicgirl

I met Kevin McHale and Larry Bird at the restaurant I worked at in 1982.
    Those dudes looked like giants to me.

The end.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I met Kevin McHale and Larry Bird at the restaurant I worked at in 1982.
    Those dudes looked like giants to me.

The end.

They were, what did they order?

• tmarohl

Unfortunately GG, I will be forced to roster Mr 235 tomorrow because of all the injuries.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

They were, what did they order?

I don’t know, I was a cocktail waitress at the time.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Unfortunately GG, I will be forced to roster Mr 235 tomorrow because of all the injuries.

LOL I understand.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I don’t know, I was a cocktail waitress at the time.

So they didn’t drink?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).