• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -11.5 ) at Washington ( 11.5 ) — T: 237
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 5 ) at New York ( -5 ) — T: 206.5
    7:30 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 7 ) at Atlanta ( -7 ) — T: 225.5
    10:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 1 ) at Portland ( -1 ) — T: 239
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 10 ) at Phoenix ( -10 ) — T: 231.5
    10:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 8 ) at LA Lakers ( -8 ) — T: 224.5

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

So they didn’t drink?

For all I know they were only there for drinks and party favors, if you know what I mean.
    My boss comp’d them, so maybe he bought them dinner, too.

• mbunner23

@tmarohl said...

I was actually second row behind the dugout the day Yount got his 2500th hit. Photo made the Milwaukee Sentinel. Got a hard copy of the picture, and sent it to Yount asking for his autograph in a self addressed stamped envelope. Of course, he signed it. That is the way autographs used to be handled back in the day.

I used to have a baseball card collection from the 70’s and 80’s. There used to be lists of players mailing addresses. You could send cards to their houses with a self addressed stamped envelope and they would sign them for free. You could do the same thing by sending cards to the ballclub with a self addressed stamped envelope. You would get them back 90% of the time autographed.

Now, if you want an autograph, you go pay $100 bucks to stand in line at a signing or something.

You may want to look into selling some of those cards if you have good ones.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Love it. I’m a big heckle guy. My go to is telling the guy he’s gonna be headed to (AAA city), usually the Mariners and Tacoma. Would go to the Big A with like 5,000 fans there and the players could hear everything. Dustin Ackley is not a fan of mine

So, you are responsible for destroying what was supposed to be a great big league career for Ackley? Impressive.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I was actually second row behind the dugout the day Yount got his 2500th hit. Photo made the Milwaukee Sentinel. Got a hard copy of the picture, and sent it to Yount asking for his autograph in a self addressed stamped envelope. Of course, he signed it. That is the way autographs used to be handled back in the day.

I used to have a baseball card collection from the 70’s and 80’s. There used to be lists of players mailing addresses. You could send cards to their houses with a self addressed stamped envelope and they would sign them for free. You could do the same thing by sending cards to the ballclub with a self addressed stamped envelope. You would get them back 90% of the time autographed.

Now, if you want an autograph, you go pay $100 bucks to stand in line at a signing or something.

I used to do this too when I was a little dude. Beckett used to have the addresses for all the stadiums and where to write to, before you could just Google them. Almost always got something back. Sometimes I wouldn’t even send a card and they’d sign and send an 8×10. Sometimes they wouldn’t send back the card, but sign and send something else. Sometimes they’d sign and send multiple things. Pretty amazing really.

• tmarohl

@mbunner23 said...

You may want to look into selling some of those cards if you have good ones.

Sold them many years ago. Should have held onto them.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).