• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -1 ) at Charlotte ( 1 ) —- T: 224
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 232.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 13 ) at Milwaukee ( -13 ) —- T: 236
    8:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 4 ) at Sacramento ( -4 ) —- T: 232
    10:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• got9forya

Hope yall did good last night. Damn Injuries Killed me. Oh Well. On to tonight

• jleon2121

Feeling like a bucks/sixers/rockets day

• rourke441

townes and tre young to start for me

• monarch

Atlanta Houston is key tonight. Everyone will want a piece of Trae at 7200 vs a team he smoked a few weeks ago.

I like him if the Rockets start the same LU they did in that game of CP3, Harden, Tucker, Faried, Capela. If they put Gordon into the starting LU instead of Faried then I like him a lot less and I would like Collins a lot more. Gordon and Rivers are the Rockets best perimeter defenders and Trae wouldn’t see any CP3 in that scenario.

• monarch

Also…very important to this slate. Alex Caruso looks like Awesemo with more facial hair.

• Shaudy_lo

I haven’t picked Alex Caruso during this little run. Tonight will be my first time picking him so I’m expecting him to fail.

• Kmasonbx

Just wanted to point out that RagingPhilip is on a GOAT like run. Really impressive what he’s doing.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Atlanta Houston is key tonight. Everyone will want a piece of Trae at 7200 vs a team he smoked a few weeks ago

Why is Atlanta-Houston key? Any game could be key….imo. Slates don’t have keys until the night’s over, and which ever game shot out or went to overtime will be key. IMO, that’s largely unpredictable. Philly/cha could be key, or Brooklyn/Sacremento, Lakers/Milwaukee, Minny/Gs. Any game COULD be key.

Trae Young not getting enough minutes lately. His big game versus Houston he saw 40 minutes. He hasn’t seen over 32 in 8 straight. The price is good, yet he’s going to have to smash in 32 minutes or less. He may get it done in that time, im just cautioning not to expect more than 32 minutes.

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

Why is Atlanta-Houston key? Any game could be key….imo. Slates don’t have keys until the night’s over, and which ever game shot out or went to overtime will be key. IMO, that’s largely unpredictable. Philly/cha could be key, or Brooklyn/Sacremento, Lakers/Milwaukee, Minny/Gs. Any game COULD be key.

Trae Young not getting enough minutes lately. His big game versus Houston he saw 40 minutes. He hasn’t seen over 32 in 8 straight. The price is good, yet he’s going to have to smash in 32 minutes or less. He may get it done in that time, im just cautioning not to expect more than 32 minutes.

Because of ownership….

• jcotdl

I am having a tough time getting going this morning. My question that has me at a standstill: Do I fade Harden, or do I put him in 100%? I am leaning toward the latter fwiw

• monarch

Bolden is a decent punt at 3200 if he were to start. Boban is chalky but Kemba is the best PNR player in the league and Boban would not be able to stay on the floor for very long. The Sixers do have other options though in Mike Scott and Simmons as small ball centers.

• dominicanpapi

@monarch said...

Bolden is a decent punt at 3200 if he were to start. Boban is chalky but Kemba is the best PNR player in the league and Boban would not be able to stay on the floor for very long. The Sixers do have other options though in Mike Scott and Simmons as small ball centers.

Isn’t Zeller doubtful though? They won’t be running too many pick and rolls without him in there.

• dominicanpapi

@jcotdl said...

I am having a tough time getting going this morning. My question that has me at a standstill: Do I fade Harden, or do I put him in 100%? I am leaning toward the latter fwiw

Depends on how many lineups you make. If you’re max entering, makes sense to have maybe 10-15% exposure. If you do a handful of lineups, maybe have him in 1 or 2. I generally don’t like to play Harden with Chris Paul on the floor, but keep in mind the Rockets play tomorrow so we may see Paul rest tonight.

• Shaudy_lo

Do you guys like D’Angelo Russell vs Sac tonight ?

• monarch

@dominicanpapi said...

Isn’t Zeller doubtful though? They won’t be running too many pick and rolls without him in there.

That’s true. I do not know how often they run PNR without Zeller. I do know they have been much improved defensively in the paint with Biyombo.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #66

RG Tiered Ranking

@jcotdl said...

Is chris paul out? If no than harden is not a must on this slate. Why does it have to be 0% or 100%? I’ll most likely have 10-15%

• monarch

@Shaudy_lo said...

Yes…he and Fox are standing out to me this morning from that game.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Because of ownership….

You think it will be low owned? People like to target the Hawks. I don’t know. I’m not great at predicting ownership, yet it seems like there a bunch of decent games, that ownership will likely be spread evenly….that is until…Giannis sits out 🤣

• Njsum1

@Shaudy_lo said...

😁

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

You think it will be low owned? People like to target the Hawks. I don’t know. I’m not great at predicting ownership, yet it seems like there a bunch of decent games, that ownership will likely be spread evenly….that is until…Giannis sits out 🤣

Nah…any time the Hawks are on a shorter slate they are the key for me. Who to fade who to play because they are often the most volatile team to both themselves and their opponent. I think Trae will probably be higher owned than he should due to a variety of reasons. If he is defended by Gordon/Rivers then I do not like him as much and like Collins more. If Faried starts then I really like Trae.

If it is CP3, Gordon, Harden, Tucker, Capela than I probably only play CP3 and Collins from the game.

• Shaudy_lo

@monarch said...

Yes…he and Fox are standing out to me this morning from that game.

Think I’m going to lock Russell in . I’m not sure about Fox yet. I like CP3 with that matchup if he plays .

• monarch

@Shaudy_lo said...

Think I’m going to lock Russell in . I’m not sure about Fox yet. I like CP3 with that matchup if he plays .

Same. I want to like Fox. The optimizer likes him. The Nets are the worst PNR team in the league from what I can tell and he is their most active PNR player. They also protect the three point line but allow a lot of two point attempts and he leads the Kings in two point attempts but the Nets are sound in not allowing assists so I am concerned about that for his upside.

CP3 has no red flags

• mbunner23

@monarch said...

Because of ownership….

Stop worrying about ownership.

• jcotdl

@theIrrigator said...

Is chris paul out? If no than harden is not a must on this slate. Why does it have to be 0% or 100%? I’ll most likely have 10-15%

it certainly does not have to be anything- I have circled back to this a couple times now. Just a bit of a mental block on this right now- know he’s expensive but his floor today has to be like 70?? okay, 65?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@jcotdl said...

Historically, Harden has been disappointing as a Rocket on the road against the Hawks, averaging 53 DK points. I don’t know how much stock I can put into those numbers, given that this is essentially a very different Hawks team.

I’d consider two questions. First, why thrust yourself into a false dilemma? If you’re making more than one lineup, why not provide yourself with a certain exposure to Harden that isn’t 0% or 100%? Second, what do your whole lineups look like with Harden in them (or not in them)? Nobody is going to win just because of one player, after all.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler