• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -1 ) at Charlotte ( 1 ) —- T: 224
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 232.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 13 ) at Milwaukee ( -13 ) —- T: 236
    8:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 4 ) at Sacramento ( -4 ) —- T: 232
    10:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• cjs5555

noooo…i need lou will in the game

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@BBWC_10 said...

Spinning reverse back to the basket semi hook over the outstretched arms of Bagley for the win….

Not Bagley’s fault on that last play, but if Bagley wants to be an elite player, he’s gotta work on that defense of his. Last shot was ok since that was hard to guard, but over the course of the season, for all those analytical people like MtDurham out there, Bagley has a net DRPM of one of the absolute worst players in the NBA. This is how he can go 12-15 from the field and score 28/7 and his team be -11 from the field. It also helps if they don’t play Harrison Barnes but that’s probably never gonna change.

• jcotdl

@superstars92 said...

Turner has 6 defensive stats again with no usage, but I think this is the norm you guys should expect from Turner. He’s like literally so reliant on these defensive stats which are not luck either since his defensive stats come as often as say Redick’s 3 point shooting.

thought i just heard he was amongst league leaders in blocks? maybe leading the league?

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@cjs5555 said...

noooo…i need lou will in the game

He should theoretically come back with about 3 mins to go.

Not sure about Turner. Sabonis is much better if Pacers need offense. Turner can always play the stretch 4 with Sabonis though, but Thad isn’t bad either.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@jcotdl said...

thought i just heard he was amongst league leaders in blocks? maybe leading the league?

He’s #1 in the NBA in blocks. If Turner wasn’t playing in Indiana he would be NBA All Defensive 1st team. His ability to deflect passes and block shots is amazing. His defensive IQ is like off the charts, that’s why Pacers have one of the top defenses in all of the NBA, even after Vic went out with an injury (and Vic was NBA All Defense last year).

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Not sure about Turner. Sabonis is much better if Pacers need offense. Turner can always play the stretch 4 with Sabonis though, but Thad isn’t bad either.

Cojo and Turner will come in for Evans and McDermott I think

• tmarohl

342 and Turner on the damn bench.

• RipCityRings

Tyreke with that Oscar the Grouch game. Looks like he wants to clean your windshield, somehow drops 15/7/5.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

342 and Turner on the damn bench.

Turner is actually the Pacers 2nd best 3 point shooter probably, so he should really come back and help stretch the floor. Pacers need 3s at this point. But I’m not really sure. Sabonis is the better pure offensive player though. Again, they are able to play together, but it’s a bit weird when they do.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

He’s #1 in the NBA in blocks. If Turner wasn’t playing in Indiana he would be NBA All Defensive 1st team. His ability to deflect passes and block shots is amazing. His defensive IQ is like off the charts, that’s why Pacers have one of the top defenses in all of the NBA, even after Vic went out with an injury (and Vic was NBA All Defense last year).

That defensive sieve Brook Lopez is right behind him :)

• Rolled

Turner 26 minutes and lou williams 23. Wtf

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@Unico10 said...

Cojo and Turner will come in for Evans and McDermott I think

No that would force Young to play SF, Turner to play PF, and Sabonis to play C, which wouldn’t be good for offense. Sabonis is the Pacers best interior offensive player. Turner is a better shooter than Thad at PF, but Thad is a more versatile player, so it’s a toss up. I personally would go with Turner – Sabonis PF – C combo for the shooting, but Thad – Sabonis do play a lot in offensive sets.

Pacers never play Thad – Turner – Sabonis though. Would work in 2000 but not modern NBA.

• cjs5555

wow superstars…like clockwork….lou will back in at 3:01

• BBWC_10

@superstars92 said...

Not Bagley’s fault on that last play, but if Bagley wants to be an elite player, he’s gotta work on that defense of his. Last shot was ok since that was hard to guard, but over the course of the season, for all those analytical people like MtDurham out there, Bagley has a net DRPM of one of the absolute worst players in the NBA. This is how he can go 12-15 from the field and score 28/7 and his team be -11 from the field. It also helps if they don’t play Harrison Barnes but that’s probably never gonna change.

I can agree but I watched that entire game. Bagley was the least of their problems on defense. Bjelicia can’t move his feet at all, Russell drove to the basket around him about 10 times. Barnes also had no chance and WCS is WCS.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

Yep so Lou Williams comes back with 3 mins as expected. He’ll play the remainder of the game unless in one stop defensive possessions.

Looks like Turner is done. Pacers gonna stick with Thad – Sabonis. That’s fine though, it’s a toss up like I said Turner or Thad at PF for offense.

• cjs5555

this is what i’m sweating… https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/70406967?uc=1437322503

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

No that would force Young to play SF, Turner to play PF, and Sabonis to play C, which wouldn’t be good for offense. Sabonis is the Pacers best interior offensive player. Turner is a better shooter than Thad at PF, but Thad is a more versatile player, so it’s a toss up. I personally would go with Turner – Sabonis PF – C combo for the shooting, but Thad – Sabonis do play a lot in offensive sets.

Pacers never play Thad – Turner – Sabonis though. Would work in 2000 but not modern NBA.

You’re right was more wishful thinking on my part I guess…. I have 340fpts in the $333 with Gallo/Turner/Cojo…. with a little run from those two could have maybe cracked the top 20

• jcotdl

lol- seems like i should just be angry at these players and not myself…

• ScofieldReturns

dang, no cojo/turner in the 4th…wasn’t expecting that

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

@Unico10 said...

You’re right was more wishful thinking on my part I guess…. I am 340 in the $333 with Gallo/Turner/Cojo…. with a little run from those two could have maybe cracked the top 20

If Nate McMillian is smart, Turner should COME back in right now for this defensive possession. Then if Pacers are still down 3, Turner should come in for the last shot since he is a great 3 point shooter. Let’s see if he does that. Turner > Sabonis on defense and it’s not even close. You might get 1 more block/steal/rebound out of him.

The funniest part of this game like someone mentioned is Tyreke Evans has 15/8/7. He actually crossed my mind when Collison was ruled out, but Evans has looked washed up all year.

• Shaudy_lo

So did Turner or Joseph even score in the 4th????

• BBWC_10

It’s nice having Tyreke in my late LU, every basket he makes I move up like 400 spots, 2% owned.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

Well Turner did come back in for defense…and Bev made a shot which means game over.

• zpa1989

called the sabones pivot over kuzma earlier in the thread. so right about that! too bad i was too chicken to do it!

scared money don’t make money!! one day i will learn!

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #33

RG Tiered Ranking

Did anyone watch the Warriors – Wolves game? Can someone tell me how Wiggins got 8 rebounds and 6 assists? Did some random balls bounce towards him when he was standing? Did KAT just take the ball out of his hands and score for the “assist”?

You know the greatest rebound + assist ever was by Chris Bosh (google Lebron missed FT + Bosh). I imagine that’s how Wiggins got his stats.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler