• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -1 ) at Charlotte ( 1 ) —- T: 224
    7:30 PM EST : Houston ( -7.5 ) at Atlanta ( 7.5 ) —- T: 232.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 13 ) at Milwaukee ( -13 ) —- T: 236
    8:00 PM EST : Golden St ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 4 ) at Sacramento ( -4 ) —- T: 232
    10:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: 219

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• dubchr7

• Blogger of the Month

SO A LITTLE OFF TOPIC BUT WHAT DOES EVERYONE HERE DO FOR NORMAL WORK?? THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT KIND OF DIVERSITY WE HAVE IN THE CIVILIAN WORLD.
    ME, I’M A PARTS MANAGER AT A LOCAL KIA DEALER

• superstars92

@frugal said...

Now…these guys all have their issues as well, but Wiggins isn’t alone.

Oh I forgot about Hardaway. I guess I was wrong, Hardaway is the worst of the decent high usage players under 40%.

Ariza plays defense and Rubio plays defense/can playmake. I wouldn’t say these two are in the same category. Hardaway is though…totally forgot about him. Don’t worry your Mavs won’t be starting him next year. I’m 100% sure on that.

• superstars92

@dubchr7 said...

SO A LITTLE OFF TOPIC BUT WHAT DOES EVERYONE HERE DO FOR NORMAL WORK?? THOUGHT IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT KIND OF DIVERSITY WE HAVE IN THE CIVILIAN WORLD.
    ME, I’M A PARTS MANAGER AT A LOCAL KIA DEALER

Hey cool actually can you start a thread about this, it’s better we post on a separate thread. I like this topic. I already messed this thread up with my 5 Wiggins posts.

• noddy

@superstars92 said...

Yes, but did you look at his box score? Not all 53 point games are equal…

Why because he had 6 blocks?

• captainwacky

One component to remember when looking at bucks dudes (if Giannis is out)— Brogdon is also out, which hasn’t really happened much before this season. Also a lot of their guard depth is banged up. Bled, Middleton and Lopez are gonna have to work.

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

Sorry guys for going off a tangent on Wiggins (but I didn’t start it at least this time!). I just wanted to be like MTDurham for once (where is he anyways????).

Ok back to the topics at hand, so here is the issue I have with Bucks – Lakers. If you think it’s a blowout, Bucks might score 100+ by the end of the 3rd quarter. In that case, guys like Bledsoe can still get to 6x. Is that worth it, or is should I go with the safer Trae Young or DLo both of whom have decent matchups. Trae not as great but he did get 50 FPs last time and most of it was from his own usage.

Prices clearly vary by site, but On Yahoo where Paul is $4 less than Young and Simmons just $3 more, I don’t see any appeal in Young. Any my interest in MIL/LAL is now purely on the LAL side where guys are going to play full minutes regardless of outcome.

• superstars92

@noddy said...

Why because he had 6 blocks?

6 blocks/4 steals. That’s a monster game defensively. I’m not saying he can’t get 53 FPs, but 10 defensive stats is not that easy to replicate. Now granted if anyone can do it, it’s someone like Turner (or AD, Robinson, etc.).

• pn3

bron out
    rondo and kuz i guess

• superstars92

@frugal said...

Prices clearly vary by site, but On Yahoo where Paul is $4 less than Young and Simmons just $3 more, I don’t see any appeal in Young. Any my interest in MIL/LAL is now purely on the LAL side where guys are going to play full minutes regardless of outcome.

On DK, we have Young, Fox, Buddy, CP3, DLo, Trae, Bledsoe, Middleton, Butler all between 6.4k – 7.2k. That’s a log jam. All cannot be played either. I would rather go with DLo over every single player in this list though because DLo is the undoubted #1 option against the worst defense + highest pace combo in this slate.

Like if you choose Fox, you gotta worry about Hield. If you choose Bledsoe, you gotta worry about Middleton. If you choose DLo, I guess you have to worry about Dinwiddie, but Dinwiddie comes off the bench and doesn’t overlap with him as much as the others.

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

Oh I forgot about Hardaway. I guess I was wrong, Hardaway is the worst of the decent high usage players under 40%.

Ariza plays defense and Rubio plays defense/can playmake. I wouldn’t say these two are in the same category. Hardaway is though…totally forgot about him. Don’t worry your Mavs won’t be starting him next year. I’m 100% sure on that.

Yeah, THJ is purely a warm body stop gap to end this hot mess of a season. I wouldn’t mind him as a spark off the bench, but if he’s starting next season the Mavs completely failed this off season.

• jcotdl

@superstars92 said...

On DK, we have Young, Fox, CP3, DLo, Trae, Bledsoe, Middleton, Butler all between 6.4k – 7.2k. That’s a log jam.

I am firmly in this neighborhood. Today is super balanced in comparison to my usual tomfoolery

• ValuableTrader

@pn3 said...

bron out
    rondo and kuz i guess

Kuz can get you 25 pts tonight and still have under 30 pts DFS lol

I just don’t like him because he doesn’t fill the stat sheet anywhere else and if his shot is off he’s done.

• noddy

@superstars92 said...

6 blocks/4 steals. That’s a monster game defensively. I’m not saying he can’t get 53 FPs, but 10 defensive stats is not that easy to replicate. Now granted if anyone can do it, it’s someone like Turner (or AD, Robinson, etc.).

Agreed he most likely won’t get 6 blocks and 4 steals again, but he also only had 2 rebounds. He could easily get 8+

• Tajtrivedi

@captainwacky said...

I’ve used Melo as the litmus test of ‘do you understand basketball or not’ forever. If you think Carmelo Anthony was ever a superstar (he was admittedly very good for a couple years), or is a long-term great, you don’t get basketball… and it’s not a conversation. If you rationalize someone as being a star because ‘they can get buckets’… I have news for you— If you let most NBA players chuck unabashedly, they would put up some gaudy numbers and lose.

I just like to argue. Seems I’m not alone. And yeah, Melo and Wiggins suck. That we agree on.

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

I think it’s a mistake to try and look at specifics or predict how exactly a player is going to get theirs. LAC allows the most FP to C’s in the league, that’s enough to put Turner in play. That said, Turner has had 2+ blocks in 14 of the last 20 games, 11 of those he had 3+ blocks, 5 of those with 4+ blocks.

• Wooden_Bones

@noddy said...

Agreed he most likely won’t get 6 blocks and 4 steals again, but he also only had 2 rebounds. He could easily get 8+

This is along my line of thinking on Turner today.

• Theguy49503

$5600 left for the F spot DK and don’t like what I’m seeing unless I go Marvin Williams and leave 1100 on the table

• NoLimits0

@superstars92 said...

On DK, we have Young, Fox, Buddy, CP3, DLo, Trae, Bledsoe, Middleton, Butler all between 6.4k – 7.2k. That’s a log jam. All cannot be played either. I would rather go with DLo over every single player in this list though because DLo is the undoubted #1 option against the worst defense + highest pace combo in this slate.

Like if you choose Fox, you gotta worry about Hield. If you choose Bledsoe, you gotta worry about Middleton. If you choose DLo, I guess you have to worry about Dinwiddie, but Dinwiddie comes off the bench and doesn’t overlap with him as much as the others.

Who’s better straight up Fox Paul or Young?

• superstars92

@Tajtrivedi said...

I just like to argue. Seems I’m not alone.

Well someone’s gotta replace MTDurham. Where is he anyways?

• Tajtrivedi

@superstars92 said...

Well someone’s gotta replace MTDurham. Where is he anyways?

Hey! My posts are not anywhere as long winded and non sensical.

• superstars92

Oh I’m not saying Turner is a bad play. I’m just saying he’s a new type of C this league has. Yes, his true value is defensive deflections. You know how you pick a player for his high usage? You actually pick Turner partly for his defensive deflection upside.

• superstars92

@Tajtrivedi said...

Hey! My posts are not anywhere as long winded and non sensical.

Oh I’m talking about myself! I’m the biggest culprit in this arguing vs. Wiggins. Although mine are pretty straightforward and you guys got my Usual Suspects reference.

• Theguy49503

Never mind just threw in old Eric Gordon

• pn3

abc out now

• frugal

@superstars92 said...

Oh I’m not saying Turner is a bad play. I’m just saying he’s a new type of C this league has. Yes, his true value is defensive deflections. You know how you pick a player for his high usage? You actually pick Turner partly for his defensive deflection upside.

Wow. Guess which team allows the most opponent blocks per game? LAC with 6.1. All the Turner.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).