7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( -12.5 ) at Atlanta ( 12.5 ) —- T: 226
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -3 ) at Washington ( 3 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at Memphis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -1.5 ) at Chicago ( 1.5 ) —- T: 212.5
    8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : New York ( 9 ) at LA Clippers ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 6.5 ) at Utah ( -6.5 ) —- T: 210

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• chronoxiong

@scott33 said...

Looks like I’m doubling down tonight, $22->$44 Thanks to the Beat the Score contests & a min cash in my $2 GPP. Glad I got the W after taking an L last night.

Nice man. I beat the score for the $1 and $3 range too but I lost every other game I was in. Donated way too much money than I wanted tonight. Scored 306.20 which was brutal as I just needed four more points for the 310 Beat the Score GPP. I faded Chalmers because I felt he was a trap, so I trusted Trey Burke and he only got 18 mins of playing time. I picked Myles Turner over Alex Len thinking Turner was going to bounce back from his previous game and go off for 40 fdp. Nope, he finished with 25 fdp. Another guy who killed me was Dragan Bender. I mean, who would have guessed someone will play 36 minutes and jack up only fricken shot attempt? Yep, Bender that. Really disappointed I miss cashing in the 310 Beat the Score GPP. Everyone who cashed in that one won back around $60 so that would have helped me recoup most of the money I spent for the night.

• DirkDigglerz

@chronoxiong said...

Nice man. I beat the score for the $1 and $3 range too but I lost every other game I was in. Donated way too much money than I wanted tonight. Scored 306.20 which was brutal as I just needed four more points for the 310 Beat the Score GPP. I faded Chalmers because I felt he was a trap, so I trusted Trey Burke and he only got 18 mins of playing time. I picked Myles Turner over Alex Len thinking Turner was going to bounce back from his previous game and go off for 40 fdp. Nope, he finished with 25 fdp. Another guy who killed me was Dragan Bender. I mean, who would have guessed someone will play 36 minutes and jack up only fricken shot attempt? Yep, Bender that. Really disappointed I miss cashing in the 310 Beat the Score GPP. Everyone who cashed in that one won back around $60 so that would have helped me recoup most of the money I spent for the night.

lol faded Chalmers

• ScofieldReturns

@chronoxiong said...

I think what the guy said earlier about you being results oriented instead of process oriented is true. You’re trying to “find the traps” and “fade the right chalk” instead of actually figuring out reasons to make smart fades.

Fade jeremy lamb because he’s a jump shooter on a road b2b against tough boston D and he’s not even starting? smart fade
    Fade kelly O because he’s just coming back from injury and there’s 4 other viable miami heat players that provide better/safer value? smart fade

Fade chalmers, a starting PG vs denver (last vs PG by all metrics) and he’s going to play 33 minutes at min price? bad fade

It’s fine to not play chalk, but i think you need to really find better reasoning for doing so rather than just for the sake of being contrarian.

• chronoxiong

@ScofieldReturns said...

I think what the guy said earlier about you being results oriented instead of process oriented is true. You’re trying to “find the traps” and “fade the right chalk” instead of actually figuring out reasons to make smart fades.

Fade jeremy lamb because he’s a jump shooter on a road b2b against tough boston D and he’s not even starting? smart fade
    Fade kelly O because he’s just coming back from injury and there’s 4 other viable miami heat players that provide better/safer value? smart fade

Fade chalmers, a starting PG vs denver (last vs PG by all metrics) and he’s going to play 33 minutes at min price? bad fade

It’s fine to not play chalk, but i think you need to really find better reasoning for doing so rather than just for the sake of being contrarian.

Nah I faded Chalmers because he was so bad towards his last run as the starter a few months ago. I just kept that in mind and thought that he wasn’t going to try to score and be more of a facilitator. But he ended up trying to score for the team and that’s what backfired on me. He went 3-9 FGs, with 4 free-throws made. Not to mention got two fluke blocks and a steal. That’s 9 fdp that inflated his score. I could have been right with this fade if my other PG choice got playing time. So yeah, I am more results oriented. Not gonna argue there. I just effed up for picking Trey Burke. He got no run against the Clippers. Should have just played Milos or I even thought about playing DJ Augustin who I think was in Trey Burke price range.

During the hot run I just had, I was making smart fades and that was what separated me from the pack. I am aware that it’s hard to sustain that and I will eventually lose when I fade the chalk who crushes value.

• ScofieldReturns

@chronoxiong said...

Nah I faded Chalmers because he was so bad towards his last run as the starter a few months ago. I just kept that in mind and thought that he wasn’t going to try to score and be more of a facilitator. But he ended up trying to score for the team and that’s what backfired on me. He went 3-9 FGs, with 4 free-throws made. Not to mention got two fluke blocks and a steal. That’s 9 fdp that inflated his score. I could have been right with this fade if my other PG choice got playing time. So yeah, I am more results oriented. Not gonna argue there. I just effed up for picking Trey Burke. He got no run against the Clippers. Should have just played Milos or I even thought about playing DJ Augustin who I think was in Trey Burke price range.

During the hot run I just had, I was making smart fades and that was what separated me from the pack. I am aware that it’s hard to sustain that and I will eventually lose when I fade the chalk who crushes value.

In chalmers starts this season he has scored: 31.1, 20.8, 31.8, 40.2, 28.4, 22.1, 13.2. At min price, the only one that would hurt you is the 13.2 (and that was in 19 min so not even that terrible). Yeah, 2 blocks is fluky, but without the 2 blocks he still gets to 22.2 which is fine at min price. But I mean, that’s why you play him…he has a lot of paths to hit value. He could’ve hit a couple more shots, gotten another steal, gotten less turnovers, etc. I had burke in my LU before the chalmers news too, and desperately wanted harrison to sit because I knew burke was super fluky. Not sure how you attribute chalmers to being fluky when burke scoring 40-40-30 was way less sustainable. If I played burke I was hoping for 28 fpts, which I knew chalmers was very likely to get close to at least 21 or 22….

• mbunner23

@elving188 said...

btw, for anyone watching..Melo tipped that ball out..George got possession and got credited for the steal

Don’t worry someone will argue with you on that.

• ElSlappo

I had a reasonably good night on Yahoo. Thanks to Rudy and Elf in particular

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

FD paid out but last night’s contests are still “live”. Stat corrections coming?

• dgballer

@ElSlappo said...

Nice job taking down the 10 grand on Yahoo last night. I thought i recognized your name at the top. The best i could get was 541 for $23 and barely made the cash line on my other line up. Don’t spend it all in one place :)

• Falconsfly

Scored 319 on FD for a whopping 18 cents. Could find more than that on the ground lol maybe I should enter higher beat the scores for a better payout. Would that have won me at least a dollar in other $1 entry contests? Lol

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

@Falconsfly said...

Scored 319 on FD for a whopping 18 cents. Could find more than that on the ground lol maybe I should enter higher beat the scores for a better payout. Would that have won me at least a dollar in other $1 entry contests? Lol

You would have doubled your money in the 290-pt $3 entry Beat the Score contest

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@Falconsfly said...

my LU that scored 318 in the $9 got me $18 and the other 331

• Njsum1

@dgballer said...

Nice job taking down the 10 grand on Yahoo last night. I thought i recognized your name at the top. The best i could get was 541 for $23 and barely made the cash line on my other line up. Don’t spend it all in one place :)

Nice job elslappo. Finished pretty much right with you dgballer…521st…same 23 bucks though.

• txdave41

Wow, woke up thinking maybe just finally I will have my first good night this season. I got monster scores from Gordon, Payton, Booker and Nawba, all pretty low owned. Nope, of course not!!! I got a 333 score and won a whopping $5. My entry fees were $5.50. It’s like fanduel just purposely makes it all turn out to get my hopes up and then dash them. All I want to do is win a few fucking dollars for once.

Yet I hear everyone else nail one good pick and they enjoy a great night of cashing. I nailed almost all good picks and lose money. Why is DFS so much harder for me? BTW, I can thank Beasely for not pushing me higher in the cash.

• DirkDigglerz

@ElSlappo said...

wow El Shappo nice job dude

• Falconsfly

Alright guys, thanks. On to tonight!

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@txdave41 said...

Wow, woke up thinking maybe just finally I will have my first good night this season. I got monster scores from Gordon, Payton, Booker and Nawba, all pretty low owned. Nope, of course not!!! I got a 333 score and won a whopping $5. My entry fees were $5.50. It’s like fanduel just purposely makes it all turn out to get my hopes up and then dash them. All I want to do is win a few fucking dollars for once.

Yet I hear everyone else nail one good pick and they enjoy a great night of cashing. I nailed almost all good picks and lose money. Why is DFS so much harder for me? BTW, I can thank Beasely for not pushing me higher in the cash.

333 would’ve definitely scored you some cash in higher stakes tournaments and both single entry tournaments I played in. Even the $4 and $9 multi-entry ones. Sounds like you’re playing 25 cent tournaments or something. My scores were 331 & 318 and I did fine.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@ElSlappo said...

Damn congrats man!!! It’s nice it’s on Yahoo too. They are gaining steam and I like it.

• upgradetoquestionable

In the single entry dollar GPP would got you $3. Tough sledding lately.

• jcottenttu

@idkanything said...

I have this feeling Booker is going to get about 28 FPTS and RWB will have about 34 FPTS. Feels like a huge let down for both coming.

^^^ good call lol

• ElSlappo

Thanks all – I have looked into the near future (about 2 hours from now when Austads opens) and I see a G400 max in my bag for my first golf round of the year :)

• CJtheGrump

Can’t even play him at min-salary at this point.

• CJtheGrump

@LegiaWwa said...

Never play the NBA but why is Norman Powell only 1% owned in Sharpshooter? A starter for $3,200?

All I know is I clicked his name and the first headline I saw in his news feed is “gets 0 stats in 11 minutes”. That was a couple days ago. Last night he got a whopping 2.75 DK points.

• brannigan73

Any idea why Fan Duel has started leaving out games that logically should be included in the slate? They did it a few weeks ago eliminating a late game and now are doing it today by eliminating a 7:00 game. This might be an unpopular opinion but imo the less games in a slate there is the more luck is involved and this industry exists on the idea its skill not luck based. Long story short they shouldn’t be removing games from slates when the time of the game makes sense to include it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).