• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8.5 ) at Cleveland ( 8.5 ) —- T: 219
    7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -9.5 ) at New York ( 9.5 ) —- T: 229.5
    7:00 PM EST : Portland ( 7 ) at Orlando ( -7 ) —- T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 239.5
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -1.5 ) at Miami ( 1.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -3 ) at Chicago ( 3 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -1 ) at San Antonio ( 1 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• fluffynuggets

@monarch said...

Nobody mentioned Ja Morant today? He seems like the type to just take it easy and not compete with Trae Young out there dribbling through peoples legs and stuff

The very first post of today’s thread….

• Yeoman

@monarch said...

Nobody mentioned Ja Morant today? He seems like the type to just take it easy and not compete with Trae Young out there dribbling through peoples legs and stuff

In the lineup with Trae I also played Ja.

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

I really like Ja today, but have noted his H/R splits also… but I’m going to have more of him than Sexton or White.

• frugal

@Ace15 said...

Don’t sleep on Trey Lyles, I like him over Kleber on FD. SAS super thin front court. Lyles will get all he can handle.

I think there’s 0 chance he sees 40 minutes again tonight given time to prepare and it seems it’s almost always a good idea to fade a player after an outlier performance.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

So, Cam is doubtful, and if he sits Bruno is starting, which means he more likely hits closer to that 24 minute role, which eases some of that J-Val concern…Also Tolliver is signing with the Grizz and available tonight.

EDIT: Sorry, really 20 minute role. I was thinking 24, because that’s how many DK points he had last time he started.

• Ether

@captainwacky said...

I think I’m mostly off sexton. I’ll begrudgingly have some Coby. I think mostly avoiding those two is actually better if they’re both going to be chalky. Even in volume, bad scoring dependent players vs good teams isn’t a great option.

On FD I’m taking elf over both of them

• captainwacky

Welllll maybe tolliver mitigates what I was about to say, but before I saw that, I was certain I liked Josh Jackson tonight.

• Petergunz82

@frugal said...

I think there’s 0 chance he sees 40 minutes again tonight given time to prepare and it seems it’s almost always a good idea to fade a player after an outlier performance.

Maybe Drew Eubanks plays. Indy’s big frontcourt should make Pop play someone who hasn’t been in the rotation.

• Yeoman

@Njsum1 said...

Not going to get any sympathy from me this argument.

First, professional athletics is completely different from other professions. And every profession is different from the next. There are even differences within the same profession. And in many non essential occupations, special talent gets special privelages.

For example, an ER Doctor probably can’t take days off, unless he/she is extremely sick or has an emergency, in which case they would need to find someone to cover for them. Yet a plastic surgeon can work 2 days a week if they choose.

Also, in the NBA, the “Employees” are the business. It’s not like you can replace these top level talents with anyone and fans will still want to see it. Are G-league games selling out regularly?

Plus so much is made about winning championships. People literally lose their jobs for not producing championships. Which is asinine if you think about it, as assuming all teams are on equal footing, which they’re not, each team has 3.33% chance of winning a title.

Sooooo….wouldn’t the organization want their stars as fresh as possible for the playoffs??? As to give their team the best chance of winning. Also, most of the guys being load managed have nagging injuries, are just coming off injury, or are entering the twilight of their careers. So, it’s being done for a reason.

Also, can’t stand the argument…”load manage by blowing teams out, so they can sit the 4th quarter.” the dumbest of all arguments. Not all teams are the historically good Milwaukee Bucks, most teams need all 4 quarters to get wins, so that argument goes out the window.

Lastly, it’s not like these guys are playing 40 games. They’re playing 60+ games and the fans know that they’ll likely sit back to backs, so if they’re concerned about not seeing 1 player, they shouldn’t buy tickets on a back to back. Also guys being load managed are usually on playoff bound teams, so they’ll likely end up playing between 70-80+ games anyway.

Nice to hear this side of things for a change.

Nobody gets pissed because they buy a ticket to a midweek soccer game and Messi or Ronaldo has been rotated out that night. Everybody knows that’s a risk, and they know it’s a necessity. Of course they also know nobody’s tanking, because there’s no incentive to tank. Money’s parceled out by final standing; more wins is always better.

Want to get rid of tanking? Get rid of the incentives for tanking. Want to get rid of rest days? Play fewer games and space them out.

Neither of those is going to happen, so we’ll get what we’ve got. To be honest there ought to be more of it than there is—as a Cavs fan I was pissed that Lebron wouldn’t take regular season rest days. I didn’t want him cramping up in a playoff game—what was the point in wasting resources on every meaningless game during the season?

• tmarohl

I’m probably the only one playing Giannis tonight. Don’t have much time for research.

• captainwacky

@Yeoman said...

Nice to hear this side of things for a change.

Nobody gets pissed because they buy a ticket to a midweek soccer game and Messi or Ronaldo has been rotated out that night. Everybody knows that’s a risk, and they know it’s a necessity. Of course they also know nobody’s tanking, because there’s no incentive to tank. Money’s parceled out by final standing; more wins is always better.

Want to get rid of tanking? Get rid of the incentives for tanking. Want to get rid of rest days? Play fewer games and space them out.

Neither of those is going to happen, so we’ll get what we’ve got. To be honest there ought to be more of it than there is—as a Cavs fan I was pissed that Lebron wouldn’t take regular season rest days. I didn’t want him cramping up in a playoff game—what was the point in wasting resources on every meaningless game during the season?

Yeah, I always think airmchair quarterbacks and/or people who criticize the toughness or ‘set of rules’ for athletes are hilarious.

“well my boss doesn’t let me skip work and get paid”… well, then you should apply for the NBA!

“these guys are pansies, in the 80’s they would never sit” That’s both untrue, and basketball/sports are like 10000x (maybe literally) more advanced now. The average player right now would be an all-star in the 80’s, and I say that as a historian of the game and someone with extreme reverence for every era.

All of these decisions are made through analysis, not emotion, and it’s usually the clubs who are dictating the moves. Players want to play, and obviously fans should try to understand the risk/reward of buying tickets.

But once again… NBA players and other athletes are far different than you at your desk job. They’re also much tougher than you behind a keyboard, I promise.

• Ether

Of course I have the $ left over to go from elf to brogdon on fd.. not sure if brogdon sees that big a boost without dipo or not.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

Indiana Pacers
    @Pacers
    Injury Update: Victor Oladipo (sore right knee) is OUT for tonight’s game.

• vick325

JVal/coby or VUC/fultz?

• monarch

Teague get a bump with Reddish out?

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

Mitchell Robinson has seen an increase in minutes since Leon Rose has been in the mix. Tonight he is in MSG after officially being named team president. I’d like to think he wants Robinson to get as much run as possible.

I hope so as I have a fair amount.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

A few extra minutes for sure.

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

Seems like it.

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

I’m thinking Ross becomes a strong play

• realphipps

Feels like a Randle game. He’s the kinda big that can thrive in small ball and should haul in a bounty of rebounds.

• gaelicgirl

@866 said...

Porter’s good.. been playing him a lot lately

- GOBERT-Smash!!!
    It’s JA-Time!
    Harden Hits Em!
    Robinson Block-Party!
    ELF On Shelf!
    Zizic-Mania
    E – G For 3!!
    Lovin’ LOVE!
    & Many others

K-Tel records flashback!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@codygracyalny said...

How are we ranking the CLE players tonight? How many is too many in a lineup?

One

• captainwacky

@realphipps said...

Feels like a Randle game. He’s the kinda big that can thrive in small ball and should haul in a bounty of rebounds.

I actually don’t think it’s a good matchup for him; PJ tucker is like his absolute nightmare. Granted, he could get there on volume as well, but he’s not that interesting to me.

• monarch

I must be alone on Melo. The Magic are bad vs the power forward and by my count will be sans their three best wing defenders in Isaac, Aminu and A-A-ron Gordon

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

I must be alone on Melo. The Magic are bad vs the power forward and by my count will be sans their three best wing defenders in Isaac, Aminu and A-A-ron Gordon

I mean, it’s still Melo.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).