• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8.5 ) at Cleveland ( 8.5 ) —- T: 219
    7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -9.5 ) at New York ( 9.5 ) —- T: 229.5
    7:00 PM EST : Portland ( 7 ) at Orlando ( -7 ) —- T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 239.5
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -1.5 ) at Miami ( 1.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -3 ) at Chicago ( 3 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -1 ) at San Antonio ( 1 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Ether

@monarch said...

I must be alone on Melo. The Magic are bad vs the power forward and by my count will be sans their three best wing defenders in Isaac, Aminu and A-A-ron Gordon

I have him on FD just for his minutes and shot security, plus sf on FD is horrible. Plus I’m still a believer in melo

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I mean, it’s still Melo.

41 DK vs your Pistons just last week….

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

I mean, it’s still Melo.

I just pretend he doesn’t exist. Hasn’t hurt me yet.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Coby White obviously seems to be in a good spot with Lavine out, but at 6200, you’re looking 40+ fpts to be happy. Seems like a decent fade to me

• mbunner23

I think I talked myself into some Valentine

• RipCityRings

@captainwacky said...

I just pretend he doesn’t exist. Hasn’t hurt me yet.

By that same logic, I’ve repeatedly been burned by trying this with Coby. Feels like a “damned if you do” situation…

• Yeoman

@captainwacky said...

All of these decisions are made through analysis, not emotion, and it’s usually the clubs who are dictating the moves. Players want to play, and obviously fans should try to understand the risk/reward of buying tickets.

It’s definitely the clubs, not the players. I can’t find the quote now but I remember Lebron when he went to play for the national team saying something like “I really hope Pops can teach me to pace myself. I need to learn how to take better care of my body over a season.” But even when he recognized the need he still couldn’t bring himself to actually do it, and the Cavs certainly never had a coach strong enough to force the issue.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

41 DK vs your Pistons just last week….

And…??

• RipCityRings

@mbunner23 said...

I think I talked myself into some Valentine

Is he still on a limit? Only played 10 on Saturday which was his first game back in a month.

• monarch

Coby is a good fade with the Bulls adding three players to make up for Zach Lavine being out. Just a lot of bodies looking for shots and now Coby gets the Mavs best defenders. Last time I had this line of thinking he had like 55 DK points

• captainwacky

@RipCityRings said...

By that same logic, I’ve repeatedly been burned by trying this with Coby. Feels like a “damned if you do” situation…

I dislike Coby immensely but have used him to success in DFS. Melo at least has no real ceiling, so it’s less risky. Also I can’t believe he’s still employed in the NBA.

• osuryanf

I’ll have some Sexton but I’m slowly pulling him out of some…. cannot trust the guy even with 20 shots.

• mbunner23

@RipCityRings said...

Is he still on a limit? Only played 10 on Saturday which was his first game back in a month.

Not sure but he’s starting and had a 34 usage rate last game in 10 min. Worth a flier?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

And…??

I’m not sure how to respond to that. Both of your responses to actual posts by me that contained stats and stuff were pretty blunt and lacking. Anyways Melo has been in the winning lineups far more this season than this board would lead anyone to believe. Probably not tonight but to me its a decent spot without the Magic having their best wing defenders.

• captainwacky

@mbunner23 said...

Not sure but he’s starting and had a 34 usage rate last game in 10 min. Worth a flier?

I don’t mind the idea, but I wish it was his 3rd game back, not his 2nd.

• RipCityRings

Speaking of Bulls on minutes limits, how many does WCJr realistically play? 5.5K on DK seems… ambitious if he’s still playing under 20.

• captainwacky

@RipCityRings said...

Speaking of Bulls on minutes limits, how many does WCJr realistically play? 5.5K on DK seems… ambitious if he’s still playing under 20.

unplayable there. He’s the min on FD with a better scoring system for him though, which I’ve been dabbling around with.

• FantasySultan

Panda…how you been doing lately? Back to the good old days?

• monarch

My favorite plays are KPJ/Nance Jr and Sabonis. With Trae, Harden, Morant, Vuc, Mitchell Robinson mixed around them quite a bit. Probably need to go get more Luka.

• choppadown

I think I’m off Kevin Huerter tonight, Lot of places to go in that price range on FD…

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

I’m not sure how to respond to that. Both of your responses to actual posts by me that contained stats and stuff were pretty blunt and lacking. Anyways Melo has been in the winning lineups far more this season than this board would lead anyone to believe. Probably not tonight but to me its a decent spot without the Magic having their best wing defenders.

Melo, like every other NBA player has a big game once a month. Melo happened to have a big game against the Pistons relatively recently. Means nothing to me. Melo, overall has been very underwhelming the past 2 months or so after the newness wore off. I also hate playing PF’s on DK who aren’t getting boards and blocks. Like, give me something besides points and a bunch of binary code.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Melo, like every other NBA player has a big game once a month. Melo happened to have a big game against the Pistons relatively recently. Means nothing to me. Melo, overall has been very underwhelming the past 2 months or so after the newness wore off. I also hate playing PF’s on DK who aren’t getting boards and blocks. Like, give me something besides points and a bunch of binary code.

Melo’s like a virtuoso programmer in that sense.

• chickenmanE

thoughts on valentine?

• Ap1216

Who is the better punt valentine or shaq?

• Herf

With Gordon out I really like James Ennis a little more now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).