• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8.5 ) at Cleveland ( 8.5 ) —- T: 219
    7:00 PM EST : Houston ( -9.5 ) at New York ( 9.5 ) —- T: 229.5
    7:00 PM EST : Portland ( 7 ) at Orlando ( -7 ) —- T: 222
    7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 2.5 ) at Atlanta ( -2.5 ) —- T: 239.5
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -1.5 ) at Miami ( 1.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -3 ) at Chicago ( 3 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Indiana ( -1 ) at San Antonio ( 1 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• frugal

@emnj69 said...

imagine telling your boss to maximize your efficiency especially at year end you probably should take every other day off from work oh and by the way request a few months off as well you can call it the “off season”

I mean…look at all the NFL stars whining about adding 1 game to the schedule. And how dare coaches not play a running back every single down of every game! Must be fantastic to work between 11 and 15 minutes 1 time a week 16 days a year and get paid millions upon millions.

This is called a reduction. If you don’t like the state of the NBA, don’t support it.

• emnj69

@frugal said...

I mean…look at all the NFL stars whining about adding 1 game to the schedule. And how dare coaches not play a running back every single down of every game! Must be fantastic to work between 11 and 15 minutes 1 time a week 16 days a year and get paid millions upon millions.

This is called a reduction. If you don’t like the state of the NBA, don’t support it.

I stopped supporting it -and many others I know have as well including corporate suites. the game is being killed and ratings will eventually show this

NFL players are not whining about the extra game they are whining that they are adding a game and most of the revenue split is going to the owners.

sorry for my once in a while rants as i know this is a daily based site-it is just so frustrating to watch a product that I used to love be watered down

• frugal

@JustDFSin said...

They could stop tanking if they wanted. If you finish last you should pick last.

I much prefer the lottery wheel where record has no impact on draft order which is predetermined to that every team gets 1 #1 pick every 30 years: https://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nbas-possible-solution-for-tanking-good-bye-to-the-lottery-hello-to-the-wheel/

If they actually made the last place team pick last you would have an embarrassment of riches among the top teams once implemented and the bad teams at that time especially in small markets would have no chance of ever getting better.

• superjon

Wendell Carter should feast if he plays and gets 25 minutes

• emnj69

as far as tonight goes I like the houston guys, elf , mrob and clarkson

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

I respect everyone’s opinions on “load management” and honestly see both sides of it. This has been brought up often in these daily threads and the same arguments keep getting regurgitated. I would like to keep the thread more focused where it should be and that’s on today’s slate. If someone wants to start a separate thread about the impact of load management on DFS or sports in general, please do. Thanks..

• emnj69

@Pandamonious said...

I respect everyone’s opinions on “load management” and honestly see both sides of it. This has been brought up often in these daily threads and the same arguments keep getting regurgitated. I would like to keep the thread more focused where it should be and that’s on today’s slate. If someone wants to start a separate thread about the impact of load management on DFS or sports in general, please do. Thanks..

sorry I am sure my rant was annoying I wont revisit it in the daily thread again

• emnj69

my play of the night is clarkson

• frugal

@emnj69 said...

I stopped supporting it -and many others I know have as well including corporate suites. the game is being killed and ratings will eventually show this

NFL players are not whining about the extra game they are whining that they are adding a game and most of the revenue split is going to the owners.

sorry for my once in a while rants as i know this is a daily based site-it is just so frustrating to watch a product that I used to love be watered down

To each their own, NBA is better than ever IMHO. Over the course of an 82 game season, I don’t care one bit about player’s taking games off occasionally to ensure their health in during the season and longevity of their career. Much different than the NFL where 99% of the players on the field are completely replaceable without any impact in any way.

And no, the NFL stars complaining are whining about extra wear and tear (though maybe a little about money though the avg player would be getting a significant raise). See Rogers’ and Sherman’s statements regarding health and wellness.

• Njsum1

@emnj69 said...

this is all nonsense. I had season tickets to the knicks for many years going to back to Ewing-back then all stars played and fans were not treated like second class citizens

I’m not not going to get into it beyond this response, yet the nonsense is saying fans are being treated like second class citizens. How??? Do the teams hire hecklers to insult the fans as they walk into the arena? Are they given the choice to only eat gruel at the concession stands? No they have 10x the choices of what to eat, drink, and souveniers to buy, that they had years ago. They sit in plush seats compared to the benches or hard plastic/metal seats of years ago. If anything the fans are treated much better.

Second class citizen, why? cause Kawhi plays 64 games instead of 80? Well, because of that those fans get to see their team make a playoff run and get more total games to enjoy. Is a clipper game less enjoyable just cause Kawhi sits? Pg13, Lou, Harrell
    Marcus Morris, and PBev are still with the price of admission in my opinion.

In general, I can’t stand the argument that “everything was so much better back when”
    If that was true, we’d all still be driving around in our Model T’s, or riding our horses, and using our Rotary phones. It’s called progress….things change, ideas, technology, how people treat each other, and most of the time it’s for the better. Just because something is different doesn’t mean it’s worse.

Back in the day football players would play through concussions. I mean I guess guys today are a bunch of wimps because they can’t play through a little brain bruising….so soft right.

Load management will extend the careers of some great players so future fans get the chance to enjoy their talents.

• frugal

Man…JVal should absolutely eat tonight if he continues to see 30 minutes.

• Herf

@emnj69 said...

I think Clarkson will smash against his old team in a familiar gym. It’s hard to pinpoint the other person on the Jazz that will put up something of relevance other than Mitchell.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

I’m not not going to get into with you beyond this response, yet the nonsense is saying fans are being treated like second class citizens. How??? Do the teams hire hecklers to insult the fans as they walk into the arena? Are they given the choice to only eat gruel at the concession stands? No they have 10x the choices of what to eat, drink, and souveniers to buy, that they had years ago. They sit in plush seats compared to the benches or hard plastic/metal seats of years ago. If anything the fans are treated much better.

Second class citizen, why? cause Kawhi plays 64 games instead of 80? Well, because of that those fans get to see their team make a playoff run and get more total games to enjoy. Is a clipper game less enjoyable just cause Kawhi sits? Pg13, Lou, Harrell
    Marcus Morris, and PBev are still with the price of admission in my opinion.

In general, I can’t stand the argument that “everything was so much better back when”
    If that was true, we’d all still be driving around in our Model T’s, or riding our horses, and using our Rotary phones. It’s called progress….things change, ideas, technology, how people treat each other, and most of the time it’s for the better. Just because something is different doesn’t mean it’s worse.

Back in the day football players would play through concussions. I mean I guess guys today are a bunch of wimps because they can’t play through a little brain bruising….so soft right.

Load management will extend the careers of some great players so future fans get the chance to enjoy their talents.

Bravo!!!!

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Luka Doncic (thumb) listed probable Monday. https://t.co/Pdk6vBfo7f

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

Luka Doncic (thumb) listed probable Monday. https://t.co/Pdk6vBfo7f

Ok enough ranting for me, let’s talk DFS

Gotta like Luka here and I’m big on Elfrid if the knicks don’t get completely blown out tonight. I mean if Dennis Smith Jr can hang 45 DK on the rockets, I’m hoping elf can at least get to 40. 🤷‍♂️

Marcus smart just hung 51. If I didn’t fear the blowout I’d be 100% elf. As such I’ll probably be 50% as that’s about the odds I give the Rockets playing the knicks out the gym tonight.

• miggs6876

@dominicanpapi said...

I’m thinking FD builds tonight will be centered around paying up at point guard, leaving the possibility of a low owned Giannis on FD. I really like the Magic tonight, specifically Fultz and Vuc. And if KP sits, you can definitely make the argument that paying down at power forward would be the way to go: Kleber, Lyles, etc. I like this slate, perfect balance of studs and value.

Giannis will never truly be low owned.

• frugal

@Njsum1 said...

Ok enough ranting for me, let’s talk DFS

Gotta like Luka here and I’m big on Elfrid if the knicks don’t get completely blown out tonight. I mean if Dennis Smith Jr can hang 45 DK on the rockets, I’m hoping elf can at least get to 40. 🤷‍♂️

DSJ got 7 steals, total outlier game, but I like Payton a lot tonight as well. Luka with no KP (assuming he sits) is enticing for sure though with his thumb an issue I wouldn’t be surprised for them to play him as few minutes as possible to secure the win.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

DSJ got 7 steals, total outlier game, but I like Payton a lot tonight as well. Luka with no KP (assuming he sits) is enticing for sure though with his thumb an issue I wouldn’t be surprised for them to play him as few minutes as possible to secure the win.

Right, but DSJ would have still gotten 35dk if he only had 2 steals, and he pretty much sucks. Elf is solid…imo. My point is that the PG versus the rockets is THE premier DVP play of the season. And Elf is discounted.

I don’t want to type anymore cause I want 🍀🍀🍀🍀🔥🔥🔥🔥🏀🏀🍀🔥 on my side, as I’ll have a lot of Elf. I Hope he has a good game tonight. Even though he might not.

• emnj69

if knicks get blown out mrob gets his extra run-I believe he put up 40 on them already-

• gaelicgirl

Scored 381.9 in the after hours last night!

Good for 6th out of 5952 and $37.50…I should probably force myself to check results after the slate is over, instead of just assuming I didn’t cash and watching other stuff until I fall asleep LOL

DAL is the only team I like in the after hours tonight, but now I have to see if I can go for 3 in a row…

• Herf

I’ve got a weird feeling that Bobby Portis goes nuts tonight

• miggs6876

@emnj69 said...

Huerter and Olidipo good value too. Take one with Harden.

• Njsum1

@emnj69 said...

if knicks get blown out mrob gets his extra run-I believe he put up 40 on them already-

He almost got 40 (36.5) but he also had 7 blocks/steals. If you look at the recent game logs it’s hard to tell what the knicks will do with MRob in a blowout. His minutes overall look up a bit, yet there haven’t been any blowouts since his minutes have been trending up. Seems like he’s playable regardless. Not a core for me (I could be wrong) yet I like his one off potential

I hope we don’t find out tonight what happens in a Blowout, haha, as that will likely not mean good things for Elf.

• miggs6876

@Njsum1 said...

Right, but DSJ would have still gotten 35dk if he only had 2 steals, and he pretty much sucks. Elf is solid…imo. My point is that the PG versus the rockets is THE premier DVP play of the season. And Elf is discounted.

I don’t want to type anymore cause I want 🍀🍀🍀🍀🔥🔥🔥🔥🏀🏀🍀🔥 on my side, as I’ll have a lot of Elf. I Hope he has a good game tonight. Even though he might not.

Elf has been known to disappoint. However, he is the definition of a GPP play.

• frugal

Aaron Gordon bounce back tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).