• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( -10 ) at Orlando ( 10 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3 ) at Minnesota ( -3 ) —- T: 227
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 9 ) at New Orleans ( -9 ) —- T: 219
    8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 13 ) at Utah ( -13 ) —- T: 208
    10:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -4.5 ) at Portland ( 4.5 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RussTbird

damm…scratch that…Stan you little bitch

• scott33

Aminu the 2nd coming of Curry?

• scott33

So a Portland stack minus their 2 best players would’ve worked out well

• DirkDigglerz

Yes Blake

• tristanwolf

i had to work late tonight so literally had 2 minutes to make a lu for the free contest before starting my golf research. rondo 57, wiggins 40, blake 57, tatum 49, nurkic and mccollum still goin, in no cash contests

• tmarohl

One guy is cashing in the 400 point beat the score free roll.

• scott33

@tmarohl said...

One guy is cashing in the 400 point beat the score free roll.

I saw that, & he’s gonna get more from Aminu/Nurkic. Surprised Kennard was so low owned, I wanted him but couldn’t find a way to move up from Crawford.

• Bnett2210

Elving and Bunner, looking at it for tomorrow which guys off limits?? Was thinking no higher than Simmons, or just no LBJ, AD, ABC?

• yisman

McCollum’s 14.5 buried me

• tmarohl

took 28th in FD slam

• zigger77

8th in the 10$ on Dk. SO CLOSE YET SO FARRRRR.

• Bnett2210

@yisman said...

McCollum’s 14.5 buried me

Yea me too, on DK I had CJ an Mirotic combine for 37 and then the other 6 my lowest was Wiggins with 40 and after that was everybody 47-57…missed on a good night forsure

• scott33

@tmarohl said...

took 28th in FD slam

Nice bro, switch Tatum for Bjelica & u woulda finished 2nd for 10 grand. I went Bjelica over Tatum myself

• tmarohl

@scott33 said...

Nice bro, switch Tatum for Bjelica & u woulda finished 2nd for 10 grand. I went Bjelica over Tatum myself

Don’t remind me.

• yisman

@Bnett2210 said...

Yea me too, on DK I had CJ an Mirotic combine for 37 and then the other 6 my lowest was Wiggins with 40 and after that was everybody 47-57…missed on a good night forsure

reason I used him was the talk about Lillard possibly being on baby call plus Napier’s status up in the air

even with both of them there, he figured not to be a bad play, but he just couldn’t hit shots

that was fantasydraft, where most of my action was tonight.

DK I stayed hot as I haven’t been entering contests so that means pure fire. 342 last night, 335.75 tonight

• chronoxiong

McCollum, you killed my night. Because of you, I only scored 314.60 which won all my cash games and minimum GPP cash. I was hoping for more GPP cash though and not minimum. I had to pray during those final minutes to just hold on for minimum GPP cash too. Not a good feeling to have. I was in so many games tonight because I’m going to be working tomorrow during lock time. Put in $82 worth of games and won $144 to continue my cash game streak. Still a good night but could have been better.

My Stanley Johnson play came through big for me. Blake Griffin was the better call over Unibrow which I was right on but too bad those who did better paired Blake up with Unibrow and went cheap at other positions. I didn’t do that. I paid up for Towns and paid up for SGs instead of punting one of those spots for Crawford. I hate playing Crawford because he’s so scoring dependent. He can easily get you 15 fdp. Should have known to not play Mirotic too as he’s so boom or bust. Oh well. Great night for me as I play light tomorrow.

• P0key

On to tomorrow folks

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

McCollum, you killed my night. Because of you, I only scored 314.60 which won all my cash games and minimum GPP cash. I was hoping for more GPP cash though and not minimum. I had to pray during those final minutes to just hold on for minimum GPP cash too. Not a good feeling to have. I was in so many games tonight because I’m going to be working tomorrow during lock time. Put in $82 worth of games and won $144 to continue my cash game streak. Still a good night but could have been better.

My Stanley Johnson play came through big for me. Blake Griffin was the better call over Unibrow which I was right on but too bad those who did better paired Blake up with Unibrow and went cheap at other positions. I didn’t do that. I paid up for Towns and paid up for SGs instead of punting one of those spots for Crawford. I hate playing Crawford because he’s so scoring dependent. He can easily get you 15 fdp. Should have known to not play Mirotic too as he’s so boom or bust. Oh well. Great night for me as I play light tomorrow.

I paired Brow and Griffin. Scored 354.4. Only dud was Bjelica. Also had Clark, Rondo, Crawford Wiggins, Jackson and Nurkic.
    Actually, paying up for Towns is what stopped you from a bigger cash, because just about every center on the board today at cheaper cost crushed value.

• Warmtakes

Great Job.

Shift Barea to Wiggins and Moore to, let’s say Ian Clark, and you would have won (someone else in the range and that might be near perfect lineup).

2K is sweet too. Think positive. 6 figures are around the corner.

• Warmtakes

Last reply was to Zigger.

Congratulations, again.

• scott33

@chronoxiong said...

GJ Chrono, another night in the green for us after the disaster that was last week. 5th in a row for me, scored 320.10. Doubled my $20 in entries. Only guys who didn’t reach value for me were Bjelica, Lou & AD. Onto tomorrow, where as usual I’m gonna stack the Cavs’ opponents. Not sure if I’m gonna stack Toronto’s 1st or 2nd unit. I remember last time they played, the whole Raptors 2nd unit destroyed Cleveland. Got Lowry, DDR, Ibaka & J-Val in my dummy line for now.

• scott33

@zigger77 said...

8th in the 10$ on Dk. SO CLOSE YET SO FARRRRR.

Nice bro congrats

• chronoxiong

@scott33 said...

GJ Chrono, another night in the green for us after the disaster that was last week. 5th in a row for me, scored 320.10. Doubled my $20 in entries. Only guys who didn’t reach value for me were Bjelica, Lou & AD. Onto tomorrow, where as usual I’m gonna stack the Cavs’ opponents. Not sure if I’m gonna stack Toronto’s 1st or 2nd unit. I remember last time they played, the whole Raptors 2nd unit destroyed Cleveland. Got Lowry, DDR, Ibaka & J-Val in my dummy line for now.

Thanks man. Good to hear you been crushing too. Sounds like you are playing lower volume though. That must suck unless you do that on slates you dont feel comfortable in. For me, living in the West Coast, I just decide to play or not. No matter if the slate looks bad or good. Yeah I got to work on tomorrow’s lineups now. Thinking since I’m gonna be stuck at work during lock time, might just target certain games only and hope for the best. My method of targeting teams who are playing for something has been working for majority of the month. Should stick to that method.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

I paired Brow and Griffin. Scored 354.4. Only dud was Bjelica. Also had Clark, Rondo, Crawford Wiggins, Jackson and Nurkic.
    Actually, paying up for Towns is what stopped you from a bigger cash, because just about every center on the board today at cheaper cost crushed value.

Ah I see. I tried to do that too but I was stuck with punt plays I wasn’t comfortable in. And that was with Stanley Johnson in my lineup. He was a lock for me. Also, we never know which Nurkic will show up night in and night out. You guys got lucky the beastly Nurkic showed up and not the one who plays 23 mins and watches Ed Davis get playing time in the crunch. Good stuff man. You truly are a beast in GPPs.

• scott33

@chronoxiong said...

Thanks man. Good to hear you been crushing too. Sounds like you are playing lower volume though. That must suck unless you do that on slates you dont feel comfortable in. For me, living in the West Coast, I just decide to play or not. No matter if the slate looks bad or good. Yeah I got to work on tomorrow’s lineups now. Thinking since I’m gonna be stuck at work during lock time, might just target certain games only and hope for the best. My method of targeting teams who are playing for something has been working for majority of the month. Should stick to that method.

Yeah I never play more than 20-30 bucks, that way I don’t get too tilted when things don’t go my way. I pretty much just do this as a hobby & to make a few extra bucks. BC of DFS I was able to give my loved ones a good Christmas & have some pocket change. Sometimes I do wish I bet more, especially when I win obviously. I just ran the bankroll tracker thingy on RG, I’m up $1467 since NBA started. IDK, maybe I should start playing around 40-50 bucks a night after seeing that.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).