7:00 PM EST : Boston ( 3 ) at Philadelphia ( -3 ) —- T: 226
    7:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Cleveland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Utah ( -12.5 ) at New York ( 12.5 ) —- T: 211
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( -4 ) at Memphis ( 4 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( -2.5 ) at Chicago ( 2.5 ) —- T: 233
    8:30 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at San Antonio ( -6.5 ) —- T: 209
    9:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 10 ) at Portland ( -10 ) —- T: 217.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• captainwacky

@superstars92 said...

Otto Porter Jr. being out should theoretically helped Lauri Markkenan, but it seems like the Monstars stole his abilities the last few weeks and gave it to Side Show Robin.

I might have a little Lauri today because the Wizards are so bad at defense, but he’s just burnt out. You can see it in his game, and the results. I think he could still put up a line (and he’s made a few of my first builds), but my focus in that game will be Harrison and Lopez on the bulls side.

• superstars92

Elfrid Payton can have all the revenge he wants, but it doesn’t take away from the fact Orlando is a better team without him.

This is Orlando’s best shot to make the playoffs in a long time, and I am sure they need to ride their starters in this must win game.

• Kmasonbx

I actually don’t think Lowry being out impacts the defense on Russ anyway. Danny Green was always going to be his primary defender.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

Oh, man.. the whiteboard is updated, but I’m gonna have me some Diallo.

Definitely will have Diallo, but it’s not a good spot either. That .8 DK points in 13 minutes against them earlier this year doesn’t help.

• dominicanpapi

@captainwacky said...

Well, similar to the other night, I’m not banking on FVV having a career high in assists or Dragic going berserk— I think they’re both wonderful candidates to get to 25-30 FPPS, with obvious ceilings. It’s also an admittedly poor justification to be like “well, that dude had a great game!” (that’s why you play guys, for the chance to be on them).

That being said— the best PG plays are expensive today. All of them. There’s not a ton of goodness to pay up for in the middle, either, and lots of midrange there. And to just dig my heels in more, I think most nights you just get between 25-30, like I said, which if it’s at high ownership, is wonderful for GPP’s. I do like Mr. Wade a lot on DK, though.

And I think House is in play on both sides, but more specific to FD— Memphis is atrocious vs wings, and houston seems to have no problem running him out there. Shumpert is going to play a lot too, though, which is a small detractor as they’re moderately redundant.

One other thought— Nene is out, they’re on a B2B, memphis goes a little bigger… is Faried just too thin, or is there a bit there to be had?

Shaq Harrison is interesting if Porter is truly out, and an even better play if Lavine is out (Dunn as well is a better play). I do like Lillard vs. Dallas though even if he’s 10.7 on FD. Portland are 10 point favorites but they needed all 30 of his points and 40 minutes of playing time to beat Indiana the other day. I think a Lillard/Doncic late night stack is viable on both sites IMO.

Edit: Just saw your post on Harrison and Lopez. I’m with you there, I only do a handful of lineups (SE and 3 entry max) and I may have Lopez in 2 or 3 of them.

• superstars92

@Kmasonbx said...

I actually don’t think Lowry being out impacts the defense on Russ anyway. Danny Green was always going to be his primary defender.

Honestly the biggest thing impacting Russ isn’t the opponent’s defense. It’s his own mind. For some reason he thinks he’s a good shooter so he keeps pulling up from 3 and mid range 2. Imagine if he drove it to the basket every single time. He’s such a bad shooter now his FT% (which is uncontested) is only like 70%….he’s gotta use his strengths…would be so much better for the Thunder that way.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Could have sworn I saw something last night around the end of the game that Bledsoe would sit today but now I can’t find it.

That would be pretty hard for the Bucks to do unless he is hurt. They have no guards right now.

• Shaudy_lo

I want to pick Diallo . Kind of risky

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Definitely will have Diallo, but it’s not a good spot either. That .8 DK points in 13 minutes against them earlier this year doesn’t help.

Yeah… I was hoping the next AD out game would be in a good spot.. this is a very bad spot for him. Honestly, his appeal is if the Magic take care of business early, I’ll take his chances vs Khemh Bhirch, or however many H’s are in that guy’s name. Who I coincidentally also don’t mind as an FD punt.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

That would be pretty hard for the Bucks to do unless he is hurt. They have no guards right now.

Hill can play 12-15, they can play Frazier whatever and Point-Giannis. No?

• tmarohl

@queensfinest said...

i see greek freak being out again tonight considering the bucks are playing the cavs

I think it depends on who Cleveland decides to run out there tonight. If TT, Love, Nance are active, I have a hard time seeing Giannis sitting. If those three are out, then I think you get a lineup like last night. Mirotic hurt his hand last night as well, so if he needs a night off, Giannis most likely will have to play.

• Kmasonbx

@superstars92 said...

Honestly the biggest thing impacting Russ isn’t the opponent’s defense. It’s his own mind. For some reason he thinks he’s a good shooter so he keeps pulling up from 3 and mid range 2. Imagine if he drove it to the basket every single time. He’s such a bad shooter now his FT% (which is uncontested) is only like 70%….he’s gotta use his strengths…would be so much better for the Thunder that way.

Driving to the basket every time takes its toll on you, takes a lot of energy to accelerate and explode over and over again. There’s a reason why in past years both Russ and Harden’s 3 point rates jump exponentially while their FT rates drop come playoff time, defense is better so it’s harder to drive and they’re both a bit worn down so they just settle for jumpers.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

Point Giannis and Hill, may get DiVincenzo back tonight as well. EDIT: Frazier too.

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

They played frazier 11 minutes off the street last night, and I can’t imagine them being scared to run him more vs cleveland.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Hill can play 12-15, they can play Frazier whatever and Point-Giannis. No?

Yeah, if Giannis plays.

• superstars92

@Kmasonbx said...

Driving to the basket every time takes its toll on you, takes a lot of energy to accelerate and explode over and over again. There’s a reason why in past years both Russ and Harden’s 3 point rates jump exponentially while their FT rates drop come playoff time, defense is better so it’s harder to drive and they’re both a bit worn down so they just settle for jumpers.

Oh right but the key difference is Russ has PG13 on his team and Adams to run the PnR with. I’m not saying he should always drive it, but on a lot of his “grab the rebound, dribble it up and automatically pull up from 3 with 18 seconds on the shotclock” could be used to give PG13 or Adams the ball for a more effective shot.

Of course on instances an offensive set can’t be run, I have no issues with him pulling up. I’m not saying he should increase his drives to the rims, just decrease his amount of long range shots and try to give PG13 more of the responsibility.

• chris1485

I think faried sees around 26 min tonight. What he does with them, I have no idea. The upside is there though

• mbunner23

@superstars92 said...

Sometimes you gotta take what the defense gives you. I watched a piece the other day showing defenders backing off of Russ, as much as 7 feet when he gets near the 3 point line. You can’t just drive on a guy who is playing 7 foot off you, you have to keep the defense honest even if it means only making 1-4. But his percentage has went up recently, he was shooting very very bad to begin the year.

• superstars92

If this matters at all, tonight is Donovan Mitchell homecoming game and he only gets 1 of these a year. Probably totally irrelevant but in case anyone cares. This is also Bobby Portis homecoming game to the city where he beat up Nikola Mirotic, who ironically also is playing in a + matchup tonight.

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

They played frazier 11 minutes off the street last night, and I can’t imagine them being scared to run him more vs cleveland.

I wouldn’t say exactly off the street. He was with the Bucks for training camp and exhibition season. He was the last cut. Also played with Mirotic in New Orleans.

• kps3205s

@superstars92 said...

This is Orlando’s best shot to make the playoffs in a long time, and I am sure they need to ride their starters in this must win game.

Funny you say this.

I’m just rostered the starting 4 w/o Isaac for my single LU on DK. Not interested in any on NO side personally.

• frugal

@mbunner23 said...

Sometimes you gotta take what the defense gives you. I watched a piece the other day showing defenders backing off of Russ, as much as 7 feet when he gets near the 3 point line. You can’t just drive on a guy who is playing 7 foot off you, you have to keep the defense honest even if it means only making 1-4. But his percentage has went up recently, he was shooting very very bad to begin the year.

Taking what the defense gives you is certainly one take, bad decision making is another. Russ has a horrible habit of running the fast break 3, but that only works if you can hit the 3 well. I certainly understand taking the open 3 when it’s there, but at the same time if the tempo is slow and the team is running the half court, absolutely drive on the guy 7 feet away forcing a close out and drawing the help D and dish it out to the better 3 point shooter.

• Shaudy_lo

Anybody like Kenrich Williams tonight

• Kmasonbx

@superstars92 said...

Oh right but the key difference is Russ has PG13 on his team and Adams to run the PnR with. I’m not saying he should always drive it, but on a lot of his “grab the rebound, dribble it up and automatically pull up from 3 with 18 seconds on the shotclock” could be used to give PG13 or Adams the ball for a more effective shot.

Agreed. But when I roster him and he makes 2 or 3 of those I’m very happy, lol.

• mbunner23

@frugal said...

Taking what the defense gives you is certainly one take, bad decision making is another. Russ has a horrible habit of running the fast break 3, but that only works if you can hit the 3 well. I certainly understand taking the open 3 when it’s there, but at the same time if the tempo is slow and the team is running the half court, absolutely drive on the guy 7 feet away forcing a close out and drawing the help D and dish it out to the better 3 point shooter.

I’m talking half court offense. But the second half of your statement makes no sense. If you’re playing off of a guy by 7 feet, as a defender, if the offensive player drives you have him beat 90 percent of the time. You realize how hard it is to drive on a guy who’s playing 7 feet off of you back peddling?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.