Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Bellest

@TheWhiteMamba said...

Sims is definitely a center, not a point guard.

Yep, looked him up on basketball reference – he’s a 6’10” C

• migarvin99

@Nickj2306 said...

It’s been a while since he has missed time I think it’s a toss up but probably slide ariza and have Beasley and ariza play together. Also could go big. I honestly hope he plays. The guys who do 100 lineups and have a computer plug in around a core will get a huge advantage if he sits.

Why would you even play multi-entry contests? Boggles the mind.

• bossladii380

I don’t know why FD has him listed as a PG then if he is truly a C . I just read his backstory. He was with the Suns and split time with Chandler and Len so he is definetely a C, but he did get more points than Larkin and Sloan. On the analysis they said they added him because they need help in the frontcourt which means C PF, and SF, so why in the heck would FD put him as a PG. My bad WhiteMamba. I stand corected.

• GGee87

@migarvin99 said...

I swear I have put the same lineup in single entry and multientry and did better in the multientry contest multiple times. Everybody is putting their BEST lineup in the single entry tourneys… In multientry… there are a TON of dead entries you are playing against due to going insanely contrarian trying to take 1 down. If the object is to cash… multientry is the way to go. Its alot easier from what i can see.

• wystateofmind

Westbrook and harden will be through the roof ownership wise. Durant will not be too far behind. Going to be an interesting slate.

• dakimbell

@GGee87 said...

I swear I have put the same lineup in single entry and multientry and did better in the multientry contest multiple times. Everybody is putting their BEST lineup in the single entry tourneys… In multientry… there are a TON of dead entries you are playing against due to going insanely contrarian trying to take 1 down. If the object is to cash… multientry is the way to go. Its alot easier from what i can see.

So true. Completely agree

• GGee87

@wystateofmind said...

Westbrook and harden will be through the roof ownership wise. Durant will not be too far behind. Going to be an interesting slate.

Seems like 1 of those nights. Gonna have to hit ALL of the cheap guys that go crazy or you will fall flat on your face. Which 1 do we fade… if any?? Tough short slate

• jamesfishing

Who is going to score more fantasy points do you guys think, Westbrook or Durant? I think Westbrook will have huge ownership, and if Durant can outscore him, I think that gives a good advantage as I don’t think many will have both tonight…

• Nickj2306

@migarvin99 said...

I have won two gpps the slam last year and the rebound year before my bankroll allows me too but I play 8 lineups a night sometimes all slam sometimes different ones. If your playing to have fun gpps not the way to go because they do frustrate a lot. However I use PayPal for all of my transactions with FD and going back to when i started I am very far ahead. It only takes one night on a gpp. Then you chase the high lol.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@jamesfishing said...

Who is going to score more fantasy points do you guys think, Westbrook or Durant? I think Westbrook will have huge ownership, and if Durant can outscore him, I think that gives a good advantage as I don’t think many will have both tonight…

I like Durant way more than I like Westbrook (tonight).

• BigRay

Motiie and McCallum have done me well the last few games do I will continue to roll with them.

• dakimbell

@jamesfishing said...

I bet you tonight most lineups will have all 3 of Harden, Durant, and WB, there is a ton of value and not many premier options at certain positions tonight..

• migarvin99

@GGee87 said...

I guess that makes sense if you are simply trying to cash and make a small profit. But if that is your goal shouldn’t you only play cash games 50/50s, etc?

Because if your goal is to win a gpp and make 10x your entry fee single entry has to be the way to go. And I’ve certainly seen guys win single entry gpps with off the wall picks like Tony Allens 44 burger, Tim Duncan (shoutout to JR 100 grand winner yesternight!)

The reason being the multi entry shark treat single entry’s like multi entries and play contrarian picks that 9 out of 10 times bust but the one time they don’t take them down…

• jamesfishing

@dakimbell said...

I bet you tonight most lineups will have all 3 of Harden, Durant, and WB, there is a ton of value and not many premier options at certain positions tonight..

Pretty tough to do on DK unless you punt all 5 other positions. I’m assuming more will have all 3 on FD then DK

• dakimbell

@jamesfishing said...

Pretty tough to do on DK unless you punt all 5 other positions. I’m assuming more will have all 3 on FD then DK

Yes I agree, hadn’t made any DK lineups yet, but on FD it is too easy to plug Harden, Durant, and WB and still have room for good value plays at other positions.

• moedigs

@jamesfishing said...

It’s doable… there are punts out there if you look hard enough…

• moedigs

my humble opinion… out of the 3 10k guys… harden is the one you need… on average he outscores the other two in this matchup the past two years…. you can go down to a guy like holiday who’s upside and usage is huge with everyone out… yes it’s against miami but someone is going to have to score…. SF has decent match ups… i.e. memphis SFs against the lakers…. winning lineup won’t have all three 10k guys.. unless they all go for like 70.. i’ll def make a lineup with all of them just in case though and hope my punts all give 6-7x

• flippitydodah

Its looking like a Dante Cunningham type of night…. =)

• CantCatchABreak99

@Capone1233 said...

I new he would be pissed and bounce back in a big way.

BS quote of the year, ladies (if there are any) and gents. However, if you LITERALLY KNEW THIS then please let me know the next time you talk to Tim.

• jamesfishing

@moedigs said...

my humble opinion… out of the 3 10k guys… harden is the one you need… on average he outscores the other two in this matchup the past two years…. you can go down to a guy like holiday who’s upside and usage is huge with everyone out… yes it’s against miami but someone is going to have to score…. SF has decent match ups… i.e. memphis SFs against the lakers…. winning lineup won’t have all three 10k guys.. unless they all go for like 70.. i’ll def make a lineup with all of them just in case though and hope my punts all give 6-7x

This is what i’m thinking. In my mind in order for either of Durant or Westbrook to go off, Harden is also going to have to go off. It’s possible for all 3 to go off, but I’m more comfortable taking Harden, and one of Durant/Westbrook. For me it’s going to be Durant and hope that Holiday rivals Westbrooks output dollar for dollar, and then i’m able to pay up at PF. Then only have to “punt” four positions, and they’re not true punts as they’re going to get there run with the opportunity available. Just my 2 cents.

• CantCatchABreak99

@Capone1233 said...

I am not a troll sir….how dare you! How many other low priced SF options were there last night? Casspi/McBuckets were the other two and hit 25 and 20. They all pretty much did the same last night.

P.J. Tucker was $4400 on DK and hit 34 fps. I’d say he outplayed them all.

• dakimbell

@migarvin99 said...

I would think it would be harder to cash in single entry but easier to win the tournament. The reason being is that I would assume people would play conservative, almost like a hybrid cash game lineup, thus producing a tighter grouping of scores. In the multi-entry people would be much more risk-seeking producing higher winning scores but lower cash lines.

• CantCatchABreak99

@KillaChap said...

Everytime I use Tyson Chandler, he sucks.

that’s because, for the most part, he sucks. Predicting when he won’t is like trying to catch lightening in a bottle. Good luck with that.

• fantasyordeztiny

@migarvin99 said...

I guess that makes sense if you are simply trying to cash and make a small profit. But if that is your goal shouldn’t you only play cash games 50/50s, etc?

I thought this way until recently, then I decided to go strictly the GPP route. Same number of lineups and entries, just into multientry GPPs instead of cash games. My thinking was “In 50/50s and Double Ups, I’m just going to double my money IF I cash. However, in GPPs, if I cash I at least double my money PLUS there is a chance for me to win even more.” This has been working for me the past couple weeks. Last night I made a little over 6x my buy in amount. You can’t do that in 50/50s.

• migarvin99

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

that’s because, for the most part, he sucks. Predicting when he won’t is like trying to catch lightening in a bottle. Good luck with that.

He was a defensive MVP several years ago. 3 of his last four he went for 36, 38 and 43 fantasy points….he got hurt it happens

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler