Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 0 ) at Brooklyn ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Capone1233

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

P.J. Tucker was $4400 on DK and hit 34 fps. I’d say he outplayed them all.

Also $200 more than the others. Depending on who you wanted in lineups, he didn’t fit. And P.J. Tucker is ass.

• BUFUu2

@moedigs said...

my humble opinion… out of the 3 10k guys… harden is the one you need… on average he outscores the other two in this matchup the past two years…. you can go down to a guy like holiday who’s upside and usage is huge with everyone out… yes it’s against miami but someone is going to have to score…. SF has decent match ups… i.e. memphis SFs against the lakers…. winning lineup won’t have all three 10k guys.. unless they all go for like 70.. i’ll def make a lineup with all of them just in case though and hope my punts all give 6-7x

actually in the last 4 games played westbrook average 56.2, harden 51.31 and durant 53.63 just saying. dk points

• Nickj2306

I almost forgot I wanted to give you all a heads up that play fan duel. The 2 dollar satellite to mega slam on 30th they run every night has some soft competition. Cut line has been about 20-30 pts less then gpps and double ups I have already racked up 13 tickets. Great way to get some entries into the slam.

• querb

no jordan farmar on FD….Booooo

• CantCatchABreak99

@Capone1233 said...

Also $200 more than the others. Depending on who you wanted in lineups, he didn’t fit. And P.J. Tucker is ass.

Whether he was $200 more or not, he was $4400 and I’d gladly pay for $200 more for 10+ more fps any day.

• CantCatchABreak99

@migarvin99 said...

He was a defensive MVP several years ago. 3 of his last four he went for 36, 38 and 43 fantasy points….he got hurt it happens

Defensive MVP doesn’t mean jack in DFS and a few years ago isn’t this year. A few years ago Paul Pierce was money night in and night out so I guess I should be rostering him and wondering why I don’t cash. I love how you put that “three of his last four” because putting in that 8 point dud just wouldn’t be fair. But go ahead and lay your bankroll on guessing when Tyson Chandler isn’t going to lay an egg. Look at his stats. More often than not, he puts up a dud. How do I know this? Because his floor is about 9 and his ceiling is 31.75. His ceiling is barely 6x value at his current rate. Of course, it would be silly for me to point out the 15.25 he put up a few games ago and the 9.75 against Miami. His 30fps (DK) average over those 4 games is his BEST 3 in 4 OF THE SEASON outside of one other 4 game stretch where he averaged 35.5 over 4 games in mid-January. BTW, I never said you shouldn’t roster him. I’ve had in a few of my lineups, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t suck when it comes to DFS.

• Ibleedblue1

Managed to fit an awesome GPP LU with Westy, Kemba, Harden and Durant. LOL

• Capone1233

Whether he was $200 more or not, he was $4400 and I’d gladly pay for $200 more for 10+ more fps any day.

Glad you played him and did well. The fact was Barnes was in the highest over/under game of the night and plays 35 minutes especially without Iggy. Tucker has 2 good games a year and you landed on one of them. Good play on your part…doesn’t make it the smarter play.

• migarvin99

Defensive MVP doesn’t mean jack in DFS and a few years ago isn’t this year. A few years ago Paul Pierce was money night in and night out so I guess I should be rostering him and wondering why I don’t cash. I love how you put that “three of his last four” because putting in that 8 point dud just wouldn’t be fair. But go ahead and lay your bankroll on guessing when Tyson Chandler isn’t going to lay an egg. Look at his stats. More often than not, he puts up a dud. How do I know this? Because his floor is about 9 and his ceiling is 31.75. His ceiling is barely 6x value at his current rate. Of course, it would be silly for me to point out the 15.25 he put up a few games ago and the 9.75 against Miami. His 30fps (DK) average over those 4 games is his BEST 3 in 4 OF THE SEASON outside of one other 4 game stretch where he averaged 35.5 over 4 games in mid-January. BTW, I never said you shouldn’t roster him. I’ve had in a few of my lineups, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t suck when it comes to DFS.

You can do this with every player. Lebron had 33 fantasy points two games ago at $9800. Does he suck? Chandler outscored him that night. Chandler also had a 50 point game this year. Is he a good DFS player? Of course not, but at $4700 you could do worse. Your rationale doesn’t make sense because every player priced below $5000 sucks because they have had nights where they scored less than 10 points, hence why they are priced so low. Chandler sucked last night becuase he got hurt and didn’t even play in the second half….It was a decent bet that didn’t pay off. Knight misses 15 shots a game so it’s not a coincidence that his rebounding numbers improve when Knight plays.

• Wolfedawwg

My projections of top 3, based on having an AVERAGE game, Based on DK point system,

Russell Westbrook OKC PG 59.03
    James Harden HOU SG 55.35
    Kevin Durant OKC SF 54.61

• jamesfishing

@Wolfedawwg said...

My projections of top 3, based on having an AVERAGE game,

Russell Westbrook OKC PG 59.03
    James Harden HOU SG 55.35
    Kevin Durant OKC SF 54.61

What do you project Jrue Holiday at? Just curious

• migarvin99

@Capone1233 said...

Glad you played him and did well. The fact was Barnes was in the highest over/under game of the night and plays 35 minutes especially without Iggy. Tucker has 2 good games a year and you landed on one of them. Good play on your part…doesn’t make it the smarter play.

He’s actually had two really good games in the past week. He also had a 50 point game that won me some money a few months ago. So that would be three, but if you mean calendar year then you might be right lol.

But yes, he’s worse than Barnes in the inconsistency department.

• Wolfedawwg

@jamesfishing said...

What do you project Jrue Holiday at? Just curious

Jrue Holiday NOP PG 36.81

• jamesfishing

@Wolfedawwg said...

Jrue Holiday NOP PG 36.81

Interesting. Thanks!

• tmspriggs

Lol at Henry Sims being listed at pg. How did FD F that up? They have his stats from Philly in the gamelog.

• Wolfedawwg

No problem!
    I know it seems a little high versus MIA but its between Holiday and Douglas to carry the team, and like somebody already said, somebody has to score!

• flippitydodah

@migarvin99 said...

He’s actually had two really good games in the past week. He also had a 50 point game that won me some money a few months ago. So that would be three, but if you mean calendar year then you might be right lol.

But yes, he’s worse than Barnes in the inconsistency department.

FWIW Barnes was on the Winning card for the $100 Showtime GPP in DK.

358.5 – I Thomas, JR Smith, Lebron, D Green, Duncan, Rubio, Barnes, Monroe. – he could have crushed even more if he went with J Lin (instead of Barnes) … but that would mean leaving like $700 on the table, and plus who would have thunk Lin would put up against SA.

• spades4085

This is what i got out of statmuse for the 3 high dollar, if wrong let me know..this average fp and and mins from 2014-2016 season for fanduel

RWB-48.4fp in 33mins
    KD-47.7 in 40.2 mins
    James H-45.21 in 39.1

• bazerko

How does Dante Cunningham do tonight?

• xpac21

@tmspriggs said...

Lol at Henry Sims being listed at pg. How did FD F that up? They have his stats from Philly in the gamelog.

speaking of players in wrong positions, FD needs to move batum and wiggins to SF, that’s their current position

• CantCatchABreak99

@Wolfedawwg said...

somebody has to score!

I love that line. Yes, somebody does, (as though that’s what DFS is all about).

• jamesfishing

@Wolfedawwg said...

No problem!
    I know it seems a little high versus MIA but its between Holiday and Douglas to carry the team, and like somebody already said, somebody has to score!

I completely agree with it. I’m trying to decide whether to drop down from Westbrook to Holiday and seeing if I can make up the additional 20ish pts elsewhere with the savings. Of course I would be hoping for closer to 40+, I think upper 30’s is a fair projection. I would like to take all of the big 3 on DK, but I really like Randolph at PF tonight, and it’s impossible to fit those 3 with him.

• playaz

@fantasyordeztiny said...

I thought this way until recently, then I decided to go strictly the GPP route. Same number of lineups and entries, just into multientry GPPs instead of cash games. My thinking was “In 50/50s and Double Ups, I’m just going to double my money IF I cash. However, in GPPs, if I cash I at least double my money PLUS there is a chance for me to win even more.” This has been working for me the past couple weeks. Last night I made a little over 6x my buy in amount. You can’t do that in 50/50s.

‘Are you saying you’re submiting the same players in all LUs in GPPs too ?

• Rrich68

@migarvin99 said...

He was a defensive MVP several years ago. 3 of his last four he went for 36, 38 and 43 fantasy points….he got hurt it happens

Don’t bring facts into this argument;)

• CantCatchABreak99

@flippitydodah said...

FWIW Barnes was on the Winning card for the $100 Showtime GPP in DK.

358.5 – I Thomas, JR Smith, Lebron, D Green, Duncan, Rubio, Barnes, Monroe. – he could have crushed even more if he went with J Lin (instead of Barnes) … but that would mean leaving like $700 on the table, and plus who would have thunk Lin would put up against SA.

He couldn’t have gone with JLIn instead of Barnes because Barnes is a SF on DK and Lin is a PG. However, he left $200 on the table and could have gone with PJ Tucker and scored 15 more fantasy points.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).