7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( -6.5 ) at New York ( 6.5 ) —- T: 222.5
    7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 12 ) at Toronto ( -12 ) —- T: 221.5
    7:30 PM EST : Phoenix ( 0 ) at Cleveland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 6.5 ) at Okla City ( -6.5 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -5 ) at Chicago ( 5 ) —- T: 217
    8:30 PM EST : Utah ( 3 ) at San Antonio ( -3 ) —- T: 195
    10:00 PM EST : Boston ( 6.5 ) at Portland ( -6.5 ) —- T: 203
    10:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 9.5 ) at Golden State ( -9.5 ) —- T: 221

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

I think Parker might actually be the highest owned Buck tonight on DK.

I would have to agree here….ownership wise , I think its Parker > Middleton > Bledsoe

• Njsum1

@TnRiddles said...

I would have to agree here….ownership wise , I think its Parker > Middleton > Bledsoe

Yep seems right…don’t forget a > for Henson right after Bledsoe…haha. I think he’s worth taking a shot on as well.

• mrjredoak

Poeltl is interesting tonight for only $4300 on FD. Could see Raptors getting out early and giving him some extra run vs BKN. Just put up 32 FD points in 26 mins vs Cleveland.

• binz21

I def agree middleton is cash lock and eat the chalk. I also like Devon Harris as a hopefully low owned 20 spot for cash. Down with the King!

• GodFatherMike

@TnRiddles said...

I think Kanter sees closer to 30 vs KAT and is one of the top values on DK. Also , since they will likely lose either way , I dont think we have to worry about the tanking aspect tonight

Kanter has played over 22 mins 2 times in the last month, once being his last game. I see O’Quinn with almost the same projections for a nice savings… stack with THJ and run it back with KAT. Kanter certainly has the upside but I look at him as more of GPP, I’ll have exposure to Kyle in cash and GPP

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@GodFatherMike said...

Kanter has played over 22 mins 2 times in the last month, once being his last game. I see O’Quinn with almost the same projections for a nice savings… stack with THJ and run it back with KAT. Kanter certainly has the upside but I look at him as more of GPP, I’ll have exposure to Kyle in cash and GPP

Anything I ever talk about will be GPP based.

• rsrunningrebels

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Rate the teams on tonight’s slate that have the most to play for playoff wise.

• frugal

Man, hurts when your 100% Kemba but step in so many landmines. Did OK with my early look value picks, Muscala really let me down with 1.5X, it was a go Willy or go home night. Today’s early look:

BOS vs POR budget bigs – Greg Monroe $11 has hit 2.9X+ in 3 of the last 5 games, floor of 1.8X and ceiling of 3.18X. He’s been on fire and with Brown and Irving still out the usage should still be there for him on the second unit. That said, Nurkic is currently questionable and if he happens to sit Ed Davis $10 or Zach Collins deserve a hard look.

Fred VanVleet $10 – As Wright’s price as risen to $15, VanVleet gets the value nod as he played 9 more minutes than Wright in his return and killed it with 33.7 FP. BKN gives up the 5th most FP to opponent’s over the last month and TOR should be able to handle this one fairly easily which should give a bump in minutes to VanVleet. If Miles happens to be out again VanVleet should be safe for minutes in the upper 20’s.

John Henson $11 – Henson’s upside is capped by minutes in the 20’s as it seems MIL is determined to play Maker and Zeller on a night basis. That said, he has hit ~2.4X+ in 4 of his last 5 games and is a nightly solid value play. CHI allows the 3rd most FP to C’s over the last month, if somehow Henson sees 30 minutes he has a great shot at 3X. But with all 3 C’s healthy that’s a longshot.

Good luck!

• Kmasonbx

@TnRiddles said...

I think Kanter sees closer to 30 vs KAT and is one of the top values on DK. Also , since they will likely lose either way , I dont think we have to worry about the tanking aspect tonight

I agree with this. Looking at the game logs they seem to play Kanter more in their tougher big man matchups and since they sent Kornet back to the G League it makes sense. The Knicks actually don’t seem to be in total tank mode judging by blowout wins over Miami and Charlotte.

• Njsum1

@rsrunningrebels said...

I think people put too much stock into this. Granted you don’t want to be overly exposed to players on tanking teams. As we’ve seen they could randomly rest players or simply spread the minutes so thin that no one hits value (Memphis). However, they also present the best opportunity for a really big game relative to the price. You’re going to pay top dollar (for the most part) for players on competive teams.

Last night JJ Barrea was a great example. Very solid play for 5500. There was risk as he was on the injury report (probable) and the team is tanking, which is why you probably would not want to go over 20%. Yet he delivered 40 DK points and you probably at least cashed most lineups he was in. IMO you can’t just play only players from competive teams. Just be responsible in your ownership percentages on players from tanking teams.

• koola173

Morning fellas. GPP flier for ya, Damion Lee, especially if game turns into blowout which it probably will.
    Also peep Troy Daniels and Devin Harris.

• feekdogg

@rsrunningrebels said...

Every West team except for Phoenix is playing for position.

Edit: G.S. is pretty much locked into #2, I guess.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@koola173 said...

Morning fellas. GPP flier for ya, Damion Lee, especially if game turns into blowout which it probably will.

Lee is hardly a flier…….He was 20% owned in GPP last night

• sox9

Barton or J. Murray if you want a DEN guard on DK? both roughly same price.

• Kmasonbx

Nurkic if he plays is in a smash spot. With all the guys hurt for Boston they are playing nearly every minute with a true center on the court. He has 30 minute upside in this one.

• gaelicgirl

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Wonder what happens to Quinn Cook with Steph probably back.

Hopefully they let him play Klay’s role, he can do a decent Splash Brother imitation.
    Plus, it would be cruel to bench him on his birthday!

• TrustinthePlan

@koola173 said...

I keep landing on Devin Harris for tonight. Seems like a good matchup and could see 20-25 minutes. Damion Lee was highly owned last night in all the gpps I was in last night (on average 20% like TnRiddles said) and I think he will be highly owned again tonight as the lineup builders love him. Troy Daniels is only in play for me if Booker sits. I like Josh Jackson though since Warren is doubtful for tonight, Jackson might even be a cash game play.

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

Hopefully they let him play Klay’s role, he can do a decent Splash Brother imitation.
    Plus, it would be cruel to bench him on his birthday!

I’m only going to play him if he will also be arriving to the arena on a Yacht, while passing out his bobblehead to the first 1000 fans to show up. The birthday by itself isn’t enough narrative for me 😁

• Potsmoke

Fan Duel is sending me right back into the arms of yahoo DFS with these terrible game structures. I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WHERE the winner gets 33% on top of the % FD gets. That’s like 50% off the entry fee’s that go to first and fees. No thanks. 300K tourneys should not give 100k to first.

• Njsum1

@Kmasonbx said...

Nurkic if he plays is in a smash spot. With all the guys hurt for Boston they are playing nearly every minute with a true center on the court. He has 30 minute upside in this one.

Yet will we get word whether he goes tonight before lock? If so he’s interesting, yet not a guy I can ever go heavy on, yet I see the merit in throwing him in 1 or 2.

• rsrunningrebels

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Just be responsible in your ownership percentages on players from tanking teams.

I thought 31/103 lus with Dennis was being responsible for putting faith in a player on a tanking team. I will heed your advice tonight.

• koola173

@TnRiddles said...

Lee is hardly a flier…….He was 20% owned in GPP last night

Sub 4k and will most likely reach or exceed value sounds like a flier to me ;)

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@TrustinthePlan said...

I keep landing on Devin Harris for tonight. Seems like a good matchup and could see 20-25 minutes. Damion Lee was highly owned last night in all the gpps I was in last night (on average 20% like TnRiddles said) and I think he will be highly owned again tonight as the lineup builders love him. Troy Daniels is only in play for me if Booker sits. I like Josh Jackson though since Warren is doubtful for tonight, Jackson might even be a cash game play.

My first run of value plays are: Lee , Looney , Harris , Daniels , Felicio , Cook …….more will open up for sure. My core type GPP plays are Kanter , DAJ , PG13 , Beal , Jokic , RWB

• xc0achx

Is KAT the top C play?

• NarrowJ

Surprised not to see any discussion about FD tournament entry fees today.

$22 to get in the 100k to first one. I get that you have a lot less people to beat, but it’s still 150 entry limit right? Think I’ll head on over to the old stomping grounds at DK.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).