• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( 13 ) at Indiana ( -13 ) —- T: 207.5
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( -5 ) at New York ( 5 ) —- T: 202.5
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -8 ) at Brooklyn ( 8 ) —- T: 208
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( 9.5 ) at Okla City ( -9.5 ) —- T: 197.5
    10:30 PM EST : Portland ( 4.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -4.5 ) —- T: 211.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• migarvin99

@dakimbell said...

Rondo, Knight, Booker, Mathews, LBJ, Kawhi, Gorgeous D, Love, Mejri

that would do it too lol

• Wolfedawwg

@dakimbell said...

How was Pau Gasol in the perfect lineup with a 4/4/5 line, I think that was probably from Monday night?

Fixed it, that was wrong date, sorry.

• migarvin99

@dakimbell said...

How was Pau Gasol in the perfect lineup with a 4/4/5 line, I think that was probably from Monday night?

the Nets didnt even play last night….and I would know about Gasol, going him over Drummond cost me a couple hundred

• geegoo75

Ok, so what is the threshold, i took 3rd in a 500 person $500 tourney last night and i was jumping for joy with my newely won $30… I will take any kind of winnings over seeing the lopsided numbers of Entry Fees VS. Winnings (usually 0).

• mattyice522

Had mirotic last night. Felt good afterwards about playing him. I don’t think I like him tonight in the same matchup for some reason. (plus higher ownership)

• Wolfedawwg

@migarvin99 said...

the Nets didnt even play last night….and I would know about Gasol, going him over Drummond cost me a couple hundred

Yes, it was wrong date, it has been updated to the correct one.

• migarvin99

@mattyice522 said...

Had mirotic last night. Felt good afterwards about playing him. I don’t think I like him tonight in the same matchup for some reason. (plus higher ownership)

Nah he’ll be chalk with Gasol out…the whole idea bout chasing points doesn’t apply when you look at Lin, Plumlee, Leuer, but im sure there are examples where the opposite is true.

As long as Mirotic can hit 25 ill be happy. He’s cheaper than Porter was

• dakimbell

@migarvin99 said...

that would do it too lol

lol, yea that was a pretty solid lineup. Very steady, everyone over 40 except the 2 punts in Mathews and Mejri, who definitely didn’t disappoint either!

• Tpcslj47

@Wolfedawwg said...

Yesterdays perfect DK LU

Rajon Rondo
    Elfrid Payton
    James Harden
    Gordon Hayward
    Nikola Mirotic
    Amir Johnson
    Andre Drummond
    TOTAL POINTS 414.8

Leaving that 8th spot empty? OP strat.

• snascimento

@migarvin99 said...

Pick a pair? Monta Ellis and Robin Lopez or Jr Smith and Deandre Jordan???

ellis/rolo

• deerosa

@BUFUu2 said...

anyone doing a westy/paul/holiday lineup today and actually finding some good value low end guys……

Yes, also if Pau is out it opens up even more value :)

• Wolfedawwg

• dakimbell

@deerosa said...

Yes, also if Pau is out it opens up even more value :)

Pau is officially out..

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@migarvin99 said...

5x Westbrook is better than 7x any $3000 punt….this argument has been made over and over. What you need is 6x from your stars and atleast 8-10 times from your punts…. Jon Leuer, Koufas are good examples of punts that got 10x and Harden who got 60+ which was 6x value. Everyone else in your lineup has to hit 6x value for you to take down a gpp. Even Westbrook has gotten over 50 in his last 3 and over 60 in 2 of his last 3 looking at Draftkings scoring….

Tonight is different becasue Utah is so good on defense, but he’s still a decent play

Your first statement is not true, and your second statement is exactly what I said, so I’m not sure what the disagreement is pertaining to that.

When it comes to superstars, they are almost always going to be making a mathematically negative impact to your lineup in that the rest of the lineup might be going 7x, but one single 5x is going to pull that down to a 6.75 on DK, and allow a lot of people to pass you. It doesn’t matter if those 7x’s, or that 5x comes from Westbrook, or a 3k punt at that point.

The real reasoning behind rostering those 10k studs is that they have the highest probability of not pulling your lineup way down by dropping a 2x, or 3x. They help to bolster those other lower priced guys going off for 7x-10x by not doing a whole lot of damage when they have a floor of 4x – 4.5x.

I mean, you could roster a team of 6.25k (on DK) guys that all go 8x (400fps at the end), and easily beat nearly any team that has westbrook going off for 7-8x. So, in reality, it isn’t the actual points scored that matter, but the cost to point ratio, i.e. production value.

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

your best odds of getting every player going for 7x value is to not pick anybody over $6000… so 8 guys going for 7x might be about 210 points. Gotta spend the money somewhere.

• peachfuzz

• Blogger of the Month

@jon2anderson said...

your best odds of getting every player going for 7x value is to not pick anybody over $6000… so 8 guys going for 7x might be about 210 points. Gotta spend the money somewhere.

I didn’t think it had to be stated that max salary usage, or very near it, was what was being discussed.

• Wolfedawwg

@Tpcslj47 said...

@Wolfedawwg said…

Leaving that 8th spot empty? OP strat.

Add
    Jon Leuer
    Sorry guys, head not in the game today.
    Time to medicate!

• lionssuck

@dakimbell said...

Pau is officially out..

where do you see that? The Bulls beat writers all have him as questionable.

• dakimbell

@lionssuck said...

where do you see that? The Bulls beat writers all have him as questionable.

My owners box app (pro player status) has him as out, but just noticed they are only source that is already reporting that..

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

yea Pau isn’t officially out yet but if I had to bet I’d say he sits…

• zpa1989

who do you guys think sits out of the cavs? bron kyrie or love? i have a feeling bron will sit. just my hunch. shumpert could become a decent min priced punt.

• DeweyFinn

Any chance both Lebron and Kyrie sit?

• TheZ0diac

Anyone Like Babbit on FD tonight?

• Fanduel1992

Hope none of the big 3 from Cleveland sits because I am not picking one of them let them spread the points

• sportwiz628

@TheZ0diac said...

Anyone Like Babbit on FD tonight?

Someone besides Jrue has to score.

Plus he’s cheap.

I have him in a few.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).