NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Sorry, on a cruise, just starting threads today without games. Will be normal tomorrow.

• NoLimits0

@mtdurham said...

Lol ROCO.

What do you mean “new” mtd?

I did stop taking all my bipolar meds a few weeks ago. They were making me too lazy and I didn’t want to get a job.

Maybe I’m more laid back because im not stressed out playing DFS 15 hrs a day for scraps anymore lol.

What kind of Jimmer breakdown are you looking for? Guy will be a DFS stud if he gets mins.

So you agree he’s like a 3 FP/min type of guy when they let him have the ball? He might already be Phenoix’s best player.

• tmarohl

Jimmer against Utah? I have him for at least a hundred burger.

• zline34

@NoLimits0 said...

Tonight is different than most nights. There were no obvious plays like the night everyone chosen the Grizzlies.

The only reason for Hardens high ownership wasn’t that it was obvious to chose him but rather there were no alternatives at high prices. Once Brown was not a starter, he should not have been that highly owned.

Most nights the GPP winner will have a few chalky plays.

Agreed. But, the reason for ownership is meaningless. If a player is projected 60% or higher ownership it’s in your best interest to fade them. Even if they are a good play. Harden and Brown destroyed nearly half the field of all potential top 1% finishes. What about yesterday’s slate? The majority were under 10%. Usually 1-2 chalk players in a Winning lineup I can understand. But, you aren’t taking down a tournament very often with more than 3 chalk players on a full slate. I’m trying to get ownership levels back to the old days. No single player should ever be above 30% on a full slate. The hive mind was crazy this season. Multiple 60-70% players that busted hard this season. The ones that hit ruined the slates. If ownership is spread out in the future it would be better for all. Until then. It’s fade chalk. Win tournaments.

• tmarohl

@zline34 said...

Agreed. But, the reason for ownership is meaningless. If a player is projected 60% or higher ownership it’s in your best interest to fade them. Even if they are a good play. Harden and Brown destroyed nearly half the field of all potential top 1% finishes. What about yesterday’s slate? The majority were under 10%. Usually 1-2 chalk players in a Winning lineup I can understand. But, you aren’t taking down a tournament very often with more than 3 chalk players on a full slate. I’m trying to get ownership levels back to the old days. No single player should ever be above 30% on a full slate. The hive mind was crazy this season. Multiple 60-70% players that busted hard this season. The ones that hit ruined the slates. If ownership is spread out in the future it would be better for all. Until then. It’s fade chalk. Win tournaments.

I’m starting to agree with you.

• gaelicgirl

@zline34 said...

The hive mind was crazy this season.

• tmarohl

You can’t watch this and not love Giannis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOr5Oo4L3C0

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

@zline34 said...

Average ownership per player in the winning lineup was 17%. The only chalk player was McGee who had a good night once again. Congrats to BigMel for fading the chalk!

But they didnt fade the chalk

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #40

RG Tiered Ranking

@zline34 said...

Yesterday on FD 3 players were 20%, 3 were sub 10%, 2 were 13% and 1 was 50%, on a 7 game slate. Half the lineup is chalky.

Same thing on DK 2 players were 35%, 4 were 20%, 1 was 15%, and 1 was 2%. Over half the lineup is chalky.

• captainwacky

Also, it’s going to be a little different day by day— today’s chalk was just inexplicably bad. Like… harden was a fine play, but I thought pretty much all the celtics were bad plays today, with maybe the exception of Morris. If those guys hadn’t been worked into the chalk, all the next wave of chalk would have been good. I think you need to be appropriately contrarian each day, but just actively shunning chalk for the sake of it is a losing strategy. Getting good at examining the chalk is much more useful.

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

Also, it’s going to be a little different day by day— today’s chalk was just inexplicably bad. Like… harden was a fine play, but I thought pretty much all the celtics were bad plays today, with maybe the exception of Morris. If those guys hadn’t been worked into the chalk, all the next wave of chalk would have been good. I think you need to be appropriately contrarian each day, but just actively shunning chalk for the sake of it is a losing strategy. Getting good at examining the chalk is much more useful.

Exactly, you couldn’t win without Memphis chalk a couple days ago. Still got to play the best plays and differentiate elsewhere.

• scott33

The good news: I cashed 9 out of 10 lineups:) The bad news: All were min cashes :(

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).