8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -4.5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 4.5 ) — T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -3.5 ) at Houston ( 3.5 ) — T: 223
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 5.5 ) at Chicago ( -5.5 ) — T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -8 ) at Minnesota ( 8 ) — T: 231
    8:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) at San Antonio ( 5.5 ) — T: 220.5
    10:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) — T: 236.5
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 8.5 ) at Utah ( -8.5 ) — T: 232.5

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

Doncic for 75.

• tmarohl

Trade Predictions
    Aaron Gordon to the Celtics – doesn’t help them, but that is where I see him landing. Darkhorse – Portland
    Lowry – I see him landing in Miami. If not Miami, it will be Philly.
    Oladipo – not good after injuries – he could land in Miami if they don’t get Lowry.
    Lonzo – NY Knicks – if not there, probably Chicago
    Aaron Holliday – I think the Bucks swing a trade for him. Could be a second round draft pick or Rodions Kurocs, makes too much sense for Bucks. May help them sign Jrue to the extension.

Buyouts
    Drummond to Lakers (Should be Boston though)
    Reddick to Sixers, possibly Knicks
    Rivers to Bucks – if they don’t get Holliday
    LMA – Heat

Of course, this is all as of tonight. One move by anyone could cause a domino effect. Some guy like Brogdon being traded, or Sabonis, could cause major ripple effects.

• tmarohl

@866 said...

Doncic for 75.

We agree on something finally. I would go 68 though.

• tmarohl

Whomever gives up two firsts and assets for Aaron Gordon is going to be sorry, because Aaron Gordon is just not very good, or reliable.

• Pierce85

100% McConnell Doncic tonight

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Whomever gives up two firsts and assets for Aaron Gordon is going to be sorry, because Aaron Gordon is just not very good, or reliable.

No fan of his. He can’t shoot consistently. He is young and pretty good going to the rim. He does have some upside and understand why some teams might want him. Look at Brandon Ingram as an example.

• miggs6876

@Pierce85 said...

100% McConnell Doncic tonight

Is Brogdon is out for sure?

• superjon

I know deadline is 3pm EST. Will we have all trade news before lock?

• miggs6876

@superjon said...

Kyrie to the Lakers that is my big surprise trade.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

Deadline is tomorrow.
    Most likely very soon after. I would think by 330 if not sooner.

• superjon

@Pandamonious said...

Deadline is tomorrow.

ugh so that makes tonight even worse

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

ugh so that makes tonight even worse

Yes.

I would be surprised if tomorrow’s deadline has much impact on tonight’s slate though. I suppose it’s possible if a team is super close on a deal they might sit someone last minute, but that’s about it.

Remember when Harrison Barnes was traded to the Kings in the middle of a game?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Trade Predictions
    Aaron Gordon to the Celtics – doesn’t help them, but that is where I see him landing. Darkhorse – Portland
    Lowry – I see him landing in Miami. If not Miami, it will be Philly.
    Oladipo – not good after injuries – he could land in Miami if they don’t get Lowry.
    Lonzo – NY Knicks – if not there, probably Chicago
    Aaron Holliday – I think the Bucks swing a trade for him. Could be a second round draft pick or Rodions Kurocs, makes too much sense for Bucks. May help them sign Jrue to the extension.

Buyouts
    Drummond to Lakers (Should be Boston though)
    Reddick to Sixers, possibly Knicks
    Rivers to Bucks – if they don’t get Holliday
    LMA – Heat

Of course, this is all as of tonight. One move by anyone could cause a domino effect. Some guy like Brogdon being traded, or Sabonis, could cause major ripple effects.

Dipo should be the first big domino. If he goes to Miami, that’ll push Lowry to Philly, which then might force Boston into a deal. Then that’s when it could hit the fan.

NY, Hawks, and Bulls all are desperate to get in the playoffs, which could cause them to pull something big off.

Same for out west really. If Gordon ends up in Denver or Portland, those other teams will react.

• monarch

I think Aaron Gordon is a great addition to a team. He is not an amazing shooter but pretty good and is injured a lot but he is an underrated defender. He would help the Celtics tremendously. He can play three positions and defend four positions which helps cover some of the weaknesses of Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

This could be a night to just sit and wait to roster players from 8pm games and later. Let the news break and go from there. Unless Lowry and Powell are declared out early and Giannis sits, then my statement is as worthless as the Big 10 in the NCAA tournament.

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

I do! Rather ironic as many Dallas fans tend to blame the FO for “loving our boys in blue” in terms of sitting tight at the TDL, but that was the coldest FO move I’ve ever seen.

• frugal

@monarch said...

I think Aaron Gordon is a great addition to a team. He is not an amazing shooter but pretty good and is injured a lot but he is an underrated defender. He would help the Celtics tremendously. He can play three positions and defend four positions which helps cover some of the weaknesses of Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

Yeah, I’d love Gordon in Dallas as well in place of DFS or Kleber. Losing Kleber would sting a bit, but both those guys offensively don’t do anything outside hit an open 3 from a Doncic assist. Having another more dynamic offensive wing, especially one who can finish at the rim, would cure a lot of late game issues for the Mavs.

• emnj69

knicks need a pg-I would love to see lowery go there-Lonzo not so much and his father is a clown and not made to handle NYC

• emnj69

was about 90% wood the other night and we all know how that played out-another tasty match up for him but I will not do 90% again lol

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Yes.

I would be surprised if tomorrow’s deadline has much impact on tonight’s slate though. I suppose it’s possible if a team is super close on a deal they might sit someone last minute, but that’s about it.

I think tomorrows deadline will have a huge impact on tonight’s slate.
    For instance, Brogdon and Turner didn’t play the other day against the Buck’s. Both of them showed up on the 430 injury report with minor injuries, and they didn’t play in Milwaukee. Then it was reported yesterday that Indiana was listening to offers on Brogdon and Turner. I could see that situation playing out with 10 or 12 guys on the slate tonight.
    If Brogdon and or Turner play tonight most likely means they are not being traded.
    If they don’t play, probably means Indiana is still listening to offers, and will protect themselves by holding them out again.

• tmarohl

Sounds like in addition to Lowry, Toronto is trying to trade Powell as well.

• dominicanpapi

SGA is 7K on FD tonight, what?

• mbunner23

@tmarohl said...

For instance, Brogdon and Turner didn’t play the other day against the Buck’s. Both of them showed up on the 430 injury report with minor injuries, and they didn’t play in Milwaukee. Then it was reported yesterday that Indiana was listening to offers on Brogdon and Turner. I could see that situation playing out with 10 or 12 guys on the slate tonight.
    If Brogdon and or Turner play tonight most likely means they are not being traded.
    If they don’t play, probably means Indiana is still listening to offers, and will protect themselves by holding them out again.

I think you’re right.

• realphipps

Excited to see what kind of moves the Cavs make before the big playoff push.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

They’re not listening to offers on Turner though. The Report was Sabonis, and he played. With this thought, it’s like you could say Giannis sat last game and is questionable tonight, because MIL might trade him.

Every team handles things differently. Gordon asked to be traded. Fournier is on the block. Both played last night.

There are two obvious names I could see sitting tonight, which is Oladpio and Lowry and maybe Powell. I actually 100% expect Dipo to sit tonight.

Even if you go with the, if a player is in trade discussions they won’t play tonight, then you’re basically looking at

Lowry, Powell, Dipo, Brogdon, DDR, Gay (who is questionable anyway), Marcus Smart, Gordon, Fournier, and Barnes sitting. That’s basically it, which looks like a regular NBA injury report night for a slate this size.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).