8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( -4.5 ) at Oklahoma City ( 4.5 ) — T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -3.5 ) at Houston ( 3.5 ) — T: 223
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 5.5 ) at Chicago ( -5.5 ) — T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -8 ) at Minnesota ( 8 ) — T: 231
    8:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) at San Antonio ( 5.5 ) — T: 220.5
    10:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) — T: 236.5
    10:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 8.5 ) at Utah ( -8.5 ) — T: 232.5

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Last year, Kings “rested” GR3 and Burks the night before the trade deadline to trade them.

D’Angelo Russell played the night before deadline day, when everyone knew GSW was looking to ship him out and Minnesota wanted him. Andrew Wiggins also played that night.

• Pandamonious

Last year deadline day deals :

Russell for Wiggins – both played night before

Drummond to Cleveland – Drummond played the night before

Marcus Morris to the Clippers – Knicks last played 2/4 (deadline day was 2/6), Morris played

What a sad deadline. The big trade was the Capela, Covington deal, which happened the day before the deadline. Capela was hurt, so he wasn’t playing. Covington played up until he was traded.

• Pandamonious

A Tuesday report stated that the Pacers are listening to inquiries on Malcolm Brogdon, and Chris Mannix of SI.com wrote today that the Hawks have had discussions about the guard. However, Brogdon won’t be dealt this week, two sources tell J. Michael of The Indianapolis Star (subscription required). Still, Indiana is worth keeping an eye on, as the club has underperformed to some extent this season.

Multiples sources tell Michael that Pacers coach Nate Bjorkgren, who has strong relationships with Brogdon and Domantas Sabonis, can be “too much of a micro-manager,” while another source suggested that’s to be expected for a first-year head coach who is still learning the ropes.

There’s no indication that Bjorkgren’s job is in any jeopardy, but the coaching staff may receive an offseason shake-up, Michael reports. In the meantime, it’s unclear if the Pacers will make any deadline moves — their plan as of a few weeks ago was to stand pat and wait for Caris LeVert to round into form and T.J. Warren to get healthy, says Michael.

• mbunner23

@Pandamonious said...

Last year, Kings “rested” GR3 and Burks the night before the trade deadline to trade them.

D’Angelo Russell played the night before deadline day, when everyone knew GSW was looking to ship him out and Minnesota wanted him. Andrew Wiggins also played that night.

It’s not 100 percent certain on either argument.

There will be and have been players in the past held out because they’re in trade talks. I think Tmarhol made a good point about Brogdon, possibly Turner also. Nobody for sure knows if Turner is available or not, it’s not like he’s a top 10 player in the league. 98% of the league is available for the right price. Maybe Indy is getting some serious offers for Turner and are standing by the phone to see if they get blown away by an offer. No reason to play Turner on a losing team so close to the deadline. Lonzo last night too. But you made some points on the other side of the argument as well, however I’d like to know how many of those were spur of the moment deals.

• jdtrey

@Pandamonious said...

There are two obvious names I could see sitting tonight, which is Oladpio and Lowry and maybe Powell. I actually 100% expect Dipo to sit tonight.

I’m still trying to figure out why on earth they traded Levert for Dipo.. like how dumb do you have to be to think let’s trade 3 years of Caris Levert AND a 2nd round pick for a shell of Oladipo as a 3 month rental?

• dominicanpapi

@jdtrey said...

I’m still trying to figure out why on earth they traded Levert for Dipo.. like how dumb do you have to be to think let’s trade 3 years of Caris Levert AND a 2nd round pick for a shell of Oladipo as a 3 month rental?

Rockets owner is cash strapped and some pundits have questioned how he even got the Rockets in the first place. All of his businesses were hit hard by the pandemic, restaurants, theaters, etc. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he got the food and beverage contract in the bubble, after the pics started rolling out that they were getting graham crackers and stuff for lunch.

Edit: Just for reference, he bought the Rockets for $2.2 billion but he had $300 million in cash at the time, so he used bonds for the purchase. He also took out a loan last April to keep everything afloat. He’s essentially cash poor, asset rich.

So how does this relate to Oladipo? He’s an expiring contract, while Levert has 2 years left on his deal. That’s it. He’s probably looking to unload Dipo for expirings and picks just so that the books can be as clean as possible.

• mbunner23

@jdtrey said...

Terrible.

• jdtrey

Yea I get that Fertitta is and has been strapped for cash but you don’t give up the only real asset you got for Harden (and a potential future top 20 player) because your owner’s short on money.. unless I’m just reeeeeally underestimating how dumb Fertitta himself is.

• zeeshan2

@tmarohl said...

Whomever gives up two firsts and assets for Aaron Gordon is going to be sorry, because Aaron Gordon is just not very good, or reliable.

asking price is like 2FRPs and that’s way too high for him

• Brendan239

Have Graham in right now (plenty to pivot around $5k), but if Zellers in Graham’s a LOCK. Is McGee chasing? Don’t love PF, I like he and Kleber. Bog a good play if Gallo out? Jaylen Brown the Celtic we want? Who’s going back to Bey?

• deepfat

Plan is to stack the ATL-SAC game and sprinkle in the chalk value. Likely my last night of NBA for a while. Dry spell the last 10 days has been brutal and expensive.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Cashed comfortably in the alley oop…. missed a tix for today big milly by a 3 pointer, swapping Claxton to DJJ costed me 7 points….

Planned to play the big one, but not sure if I will enter depending on how brutally the news cycle evolves… 11 games slate ahead of the trade deadline… yikes!

If I do I probably don’t play anyone earlier than the 5:00 PST lock

• gaelicgirl

@deepfat said...

Plan is to stack the ATL-SAC game and sprinkle in the chalk value. Likely my last night of NBA for a while. Dry spell the last 10 days has been brutal and expensive.

I only ever cash for small amounts

but only risk small amounts, so it works out.

• gaelicgirl

Happy to see the Kings are playing tonight, maybe the kneecapped Warriors will have a chance to beat them tomorrow night.

• deepfat

@gaelicgirl said...

I only ever cash for small amounts

but only risk small amounts, so it works out.

I had been consistently cashing but got a little overconfident and started plugging money into the $27 and $40 single entries every night. Live and learn I guess.

• Pandamonious

@Brendan239 said...

Have Graham in right now (plenty to pivot around $5k), but if Zellers in Graham’s a LOCK. Is McGee chasing? Don’t love PF, I like he and Kleber. Bog a good play if Gallo out? Jaylen Brown the Celtic we want? Who’s going back to Bey?

I’d really research this Graham/Zeller thing you heard some guy say on some podcast. Blindly listening to people throw out statistics is a big mistake. I ran courtiq 100 different ways. Looking at last year, this year, both combined. Certain guys on and certain guys off. I found absolutely nothing to suggest Graham is better when Zeller plays. In fact it was the opposite. Suggesting he was unable to step up last game, because Zeller was still out, but Zeller playing will lead to Graham crushing tonight is a false narrative.

Anyway, eitherway, I’ll be using Graham tonight.

• dominicanpapi

@Pandamonious said...

I’d really research this Graham/Zeller thing you heard some guy say on some podcast. Blindly listening to people throw out statistics is a big mistake. I ran courtiq 100 different ways. Looking at last year, this year, both combined. Certain guys on and certain guys off. I found absolutely nothing to suggest Graham is better when Zeller plays. In fact it was the opposite. Suggesting he was unable to step up last game, because Zeller was still out, but Zeller playing will lead to Graham crushing tonight is a false narrative.

Anyway, eitherway, I’ll be using Graham tonight.

I heard it a couple of times too. I think that was more of a basketball take rather than a DFS one. But I’m not going to care if Zeller is out if Graham is 4300 on FD for example. That’s just someone who I’m going to have exposure to.

But I have heard that pick and roll stuff before, I think Harrell and Sweet Lou was another recent example. That Harrell suffers when Lou is out, and vice versa.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

James Harden (neck) questionable Wednesday. https://t.co/H19FEopPED

Blake Griffin (injury management) ruled out Wednesday. https://t.co/YTy99KBNWC

• zeeshan2

Love Harden, Trae, and Luka over Jokic tonight. Other people I like: Haliburton, Shai, Jarrett Allen, Jaylen Brown on fire), Gobert, Mitchell, Lavine, Daniel House, Kyle Anderson, Aminu, Ayton(5800 on DK!), Vanvleet, MPJ, and PG13

• dominicanpapi

No idea if this has been the trend all year but in the last 5 games, centers vs. Chicago have absolutely killed it. Plumlee had 12 and 10 but added 4 blocks and 3 steals. I think Moses Brown had 20 and 16 with 5 blocks, Poeltl had 20 and 16, Jokic with the triple double. And of course Gobert almost had a triple double but missed it by 1 block. I’ve been playing Allen the last few slates, and I’ll continue to play him, he’s in too good of a spot.

• dominicanpapi

SGAOUT

Rudy GayOUT

• frugal

@zeeshan2 said...

Love Harden, Trae, and Luka over Jokic tonight. Other people I like: Haliburton, Shai, Jarrett Allen, Jaylen Brown on fire), Gobert, Mitchell, Lavine, Daniel House, Kyle Anderson, Aminu, Ayton(5800 on DK!), Vanvleet, MPJ, and PG13

I’ll probably have some Harden tonight, but I like Jokic and Luka over him. I wouldn’t be shocked if he sat tonight.

• Pandamonious

@dominicanpapi said...

I heard it a couple of times too. I think that was more of a basketball take rather than a DFS one. But I’m not going to care if Zeller is out if Graham is 4300 on FD for example. That’s just someone who I’m going to have exposure to.

But I have heard that pick and roll stuff before, I think Harrell and Sweet Lou was another recent example. That Harrell suffers when Lou is out, and vice versa.

Could definitely be a basketball specific thing. I have no idea on that part. Like, if you said, Graham isn’t as good with Zeller out, because Graham is really good at running the pick and roll with Zeller, so Graham handles the ball a lot when Zeller plays, but when Zeller is out they abandon it and Rozier controls the ball, and Graham just stands around, I’d be like Oh, OK, that could make sense.

I just know Brendan specifically cited usage and points per minute, and it had nothing to do with game planning, pick and roll, or anything else specific to what happens on the floor. Plus either way, that stuff would show up in the stats. That’s sort of the argument for not needing to watch basketball. If my initial paragraph were true, then Graham should indeed have less usage and compile less stats when Zeller is off the floor. They kind of go hand in hand.

• frugal

@dominicanpapi said...

SGAOUT

Rudy GayOUT

Damn…Favors lock I’d think. EDIT: I read that as Gobert, Gay out clearly does nothing for Favors.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).