NBA FORUM

Comments

• solid_pro

Is DK just running slow this evening? They don’t have any 10-game slates for NBA tomorrow; maxing out at 8, excluding the last 2 games of the night. Y! and FD are running tourneys with all of them, as normal.

Anyone else notice this and/or know why? There also aren’t a whole lot of Guaranteed’s up yet but the $33 one is a notably weaker payout structure than Wednesday’s was.

edit
    They do have a 10-game upload CSV so maybe those tourneys will be created later. Or perhaps they listened to all of the complaints about late lineup changes as it appears the biggest Guarantees tomorrow (created so far) will use the 8 game slate.

• Loveyduvey50

Shortening the big slates down to 8 games lowers the EV of people who put in 150 lineups. This is a shit change for the people that play for fun or just put in 1 lineup. Dk catering to pros yet again while fucking the little guy over. If this is true DK can suck a dick. This better be a 1 time thing for the 20 max tournament.

• Ross

Looks like they just don’t have the contests posted for the 10 game slate yet. It’s 21 hours before the slate starts, I’m sure they will get them posted.

• solid_pro

@Loveyduvey50 said...

Shortening the big slates down to 8 games raises the EV of people who put in 150 lineups.

Actually, you’re right, my bad.

The more games there are, the more diluted a mix of 150 (or any multiple number of) lineups would become. Thus making it harder to win by brute-force multiple entries. As long as the max entries is static, this is better for people entering fewer lineups. They should really scale the max alongside the # of games on a given slate, as suggested in another thread here; that would address your concern.

• solid_pro

Thanks, yeah I saw that too. Unusually slow tonight!

• solid_pro

Heh, NVM, I took the complaint wrong. I think I actually made your point again for you – sorry!

• btwice80

@Ross said...

Looks like they just don’t have the contests posted for the 10 game slate yet. It’s 21 hours before the slate starts, I’m sure they will get them posted.

Their regular contests are already posted, so the main slate is clearly just the 8 early games. If they even do post contests for the full slate, it won’t be anything substantial.

• duxaosm

Now that the regular season is less than 3 weeks left, I can see them putting out bush league tournies with weird payout structures and low top prizes, like DKs MLB towards the end 80k entries and first prize like 5k. Not worth it.

• eatmyturf23

I just stumbled on this when getting to the last 2 games in my sheets. How odd, DK. I’m happy though, the Lakers always cause me to tilt, haha. Take that, Lump Walton! Muwhahahahaha.

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

I like an eight game main slate with all games between 4pm-5pm PST. We should have all the news out before lock and won’t have to worry about the two 7:30pm PST games. After all the recent late scratches happening these past few weeks, I’m in favor of this slate format.

• rjm5151

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #16

RG Tiered Ranking

@Loveyduvey50 said...

Shortening the big slates down to 8 games lowers the EV of people who put in 150 lineups. This is a shit change for the people that play for fun or just put in 1 lineup. Dk catering to pros yet again while fucking the little guy over. If this is true DK can suck a dick. This better be a 1 time thing for the 20 max tournament.

Which one does it hurt?

YOu said it lowers EV of people putting in 150 lineups and at the same time said it’s fucking over the little guy and catering to the pro’s.

It can’t be both.

• solid_pro

I think I figured it out. What have they been promoting all week? Crazy 8’s. I bet it’s part of their Crazy 8 “theme” – 8 game slate for the big tourneys today.

Still LAME.

• solid_pro

@fathalpert said...

I like an eight game main slate with all games between 4pm-5pm PST. We should have all the news out before lock and won’t have to worry about the two 7:30pm PST games. After all the recent late scratches happening these past few weeks, I’m in favor of this slate format.

Yes, I do agree with you wrt, just don’t appreciate the changed approach out of the blue.

• solid_pro

@rjm5151 said...

Which one does it hurt?

YOu said it lowers EV of people putting in 150 lineups and at the same time said it’s fucking over the little guy and catering to the pro’s.

It can’t be both.

That’s why I had originally disagreed with his statement and posted what I did – making the argument that it actually increases the EV for the people putting in 150 lineups… which would of course screw over the little guy. I knew something hadn’t sat right with me about the full comment – you nailed it. But then I edited my post, removing my question about why it was a bad thing.

So yes, it trends toward screwing the little guy and increasing the EV of the max lineup peeps.

• scsa1998

Here is the response I got through twitter when asked why this has occurred

Thanks for reaching out. We have received a lot of feedback from our users stating that they would like to see the main slate end earlier. Our contest operations team thought that tonight was a good opportunity to give this a try due to the structure of the games. Apologies for the confusion and let us know if you have any additional questions!

• solid_pro

@scsa1998 said...

Here is the response I got through twitter when asked why this has occurred

Thanks for reaching out. We have received a lot of feedback from our users stating that they would like to see the main slate end earlier. Our contest operations team thought that tonight was a good opportunity to give this a try due to the structure of the games. Apologies for the confusion and let us know if you have any additional questions!

Ah, very good to know. Thanks for asking and posting back here :)

• curt777

They already have turbo slates. I’m not opposed to them offering turbo slates that start the same time as full slate, but this is ridiculous not having a full slate at all. I can only assume this is because of people complaining about late scratches this time of year. Well, how about allowing late swap again? That would solve the problem.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).