RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Portland ( 2 ) at Miami ( -2 ) — T: 217
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 3 ) at New York ( -3 ) — T: 224
    8:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -6 ) at San Antonio ( 6 ) — T: 222.5
    10:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 2.5 ) at Sacramento ( -2.5 ) — T: 226.5
    10:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -6 ) at LA Lakers ( 6 ) — T: 215.5

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• wmudude24

Will be very interesting to see what that Sacramento roster will look like 14 hours from now.

• Pierce85

Beal or Westy are makin’ tonight

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Por@Mia – I’m showing that Vegas should be showing this as around a -5 for Portland and an O/U of 217 or so. However, Vegas hasn’t released the line yet because they don’t like it either as I’m sure there’s a lot of us ready to jump on that Miami moneyline. Both teams are playing the front end of a B2B and Miami is playing their fourth consecutive home game while Portland opens a 4 game cross country road trip. All of these factors add up to a Miami win. This isn’t my lock of the day, but it is damn close and I don’t care if Dragic plays or not. I won’t be shocked if all this is a moot point and Vegas bites the bullet making Miami the favorite. Portland gives up points, FTs, Rebounds, and especially offensive rebounds. Two of the best offensive rebounders tonight are both Bam and Butler. With this being a snowball stat, I’ll be heavier than the field on both. Portland is good at not giving up steals, blocks, and 3s. This means more funnelling to Butler and Bam and poor outlooks for Duncan Robinson, Herro, and Nunn. Lillard is 12-33 in his last two games and when he has scored under 25 in 2 consecutive games, he averages over 39 points in the following one. Dame Time is due and people are going to overlook him thinking McCollum is taking away from him. CJ has, but not THAT much. Speaking of due, CJ is shooting .333 since returning after shooting .473 before his injury. Keep in mind as a right hander, his left foot that was fractured is his support foot on outside shots and the push off foot before floaters, layups, and dunks. Either he’s due or he’s back too early. It is the idea that these two are both due that holds me back from calling for the outright Miami win as my lock of the night. But, coming out of these shooting slumps against a team like Miami is unlikely as Miami is one of the best defenses in FG% and THE best against 3PFG%. Matter of fact, the only stat Miami’s defense is less than average at is Offensive Rebounding. Guess who the best offensive rebounder of the night is? That’s right. Enes Kanter. So, picture this. Lillard and McCollum are gunning up 3s left and right and missing left and right. Kanter’s in Heaven gathering all these boards and getting the put back layups and dunks. Now, with Zubac, Harrell, Holmes, Wiseman, Bam and Randle filling up the C spot and Kanter seeing his highest price yet, a low O/U, and people thinking playing Kanter is chasing after coming off his 19-19 performance, I expect him to be a low owned, high priced, high leverage play where I’ll be well over the field.

Was@NY – No back to backs to worry about and the only note is NY is playing their fourth consecutive home game, giving them an edge. I have NY favored by 2 and the O/U at 225, so not touching this game. While I’m on this “He’s due” kick, Bradley Beal has scored 40 points in his last two games combined. The last time he scored 40 or less, he scored 37 the next game. The only other time was 35 against Chicago. Again, he’s another due player going up against a team that just doesn’t give up scoring. It’s a bad spot for him to recover and his higher ownership as this game is the highest O/U of the day will result in me fading him. Westy I will have interest in as the highest priced player on the slate against a slower paced team hoping for depressed ownership. On the other side, Washington gives up everything and Randle gets everything, but imagine a world where a 5 game slate has Randle as the second most expensive player. Higher than Beal, Butler, Lillard, and Leonard. With Tobias, Dray, Holmes, Kuzma and Barnes as the next five best PFs, I expect Randle’s ownership to be enormous, even considering his high price. He’s at the point where I have to decide whether I’m all in or all out and I’m all out. One guy I do like and is a monster offensive Rebounder against one of the worst is Mitchell Robinson and I already mentioned all the Centers people will be looking towards, letting him fly under the radar as a low priced, high leverage play.

LAC@SA – B2Bs normally hurt every team and are nice to use as an edge. However, the Clippers have yet to lose on the back end of a back to back while San Antonio is 2-5 on the back end of a back to back. The Clippers are 4-1 since Ibaka’s been out and coincidentally 4-1 since replacing Batum with Morris. Everything I post is based on assuming questionables play and the only ones questionable are on the San Antonio side, but here’s what gets me. In a 30+ point blowout, Leonard, Zubac, and George all played over 32 minutes. I don’t think Lue lets that happen unless he knows he’s scratching someone tonight. Calling it now, one of these three won’t play and there’s a chance 2 of the three don’t play. On the San Antonio side, No one played more than 29 minutes and Gay was out due to random “foot soreness”. Pops knows what he’s doing. So, as much as I would like to take the Clippers here, I’m not touching that line and may even lay a bet down on a SAS outright win. DFS wise, I am loving both Zubac and fresh Rudy Gay in this spot along with Marcus Morris should one of Leonard or George sit.

Phi@LAL – LAL is on the front end of a B2B and returning from a road trip while Philly is on their third consecutive road trip. These factors along with the terrible state of the Lakers remaining underestimated makes Philly covering 5 my lock of the night. I’ll have a large wager on not only Philly covering the spread, but also jumping on Philly covering 14.5 at +330. I think people are still overrating the Lakers defense going by their previous numbers and Ben SImmons #tobias-harris)Tobias Harris”:/players/tobias-harris-13332 will be underowned with the caveat that Seth and Green both play. I’ll be heavy on both of them. Harrell and Kuzma will both be high owned by me and the rest of the field. I’m hoping a bunch of people jump on the Bradley bandwagon as Harrell will have him and Doc frustrated and he’ll feel forced to play Howard more minutes, which is a good thing. The only thing that tempers my expectations is a blowout for Simmons and Harris.

GS@Sac – Golden State is on a 1 game road trip and the front end of a B2B while Sacramento is playing its second home game in a row on the back end of a B2B. Nothing there really interests me and I have Sacramento by 2, but I do have this as the highest scoring game of the night. Now, I know I swung and missed on Jordan Poole last time, but he was also 5-16 from the field and 2-9 from 3 while seeing more Simmons than I expected. He’s better than that. Poole’s my number one guy on DFS tonight and I’ll be all in. Haliburton, Whiteside, Fox, Wiseman, and Barnes are all over 5x for me in this one and I expect to be heavier than the field on all of them but Wiseman, who will be so overowned tonight that I may consider a complete fade here. Wiseman averages 19 minutes off the bench and 22 minutes when he starts. However, it is Holmes/Whitside, so I think Looney/Wiseman have to look at 48 minutes here and we know Looney isn’t a 24 minute guy. All in all, I’ll be late night hammering with this game and Philly.

Good luck everyone (Except you Damion, give us a chance for crissakes).

• Pierce85

Bam, Lillard, Beal, K.Oubre/Poole, Haliburton, Harris they’re my night choices

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

The only trade news in the am being a Delon Wright #cory-joseph)Cory Joseph”:/players/cory-joseph-13339 deal is so 2020/2021 NBA.

• superjon

Kuzma at SF on FD now

• fleishmo6

why Kuzma over RJ Barrett or Oubre if he is not traded

• WillyWongka

What’s the deal with Ariza? Is he going to get a consistent ~20mins with Miami or?

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Transaction note: JaVale McGee to be traded to the Nuggets.

Trade summary:

Nuggets get – JaVale McGee
    Cavs get – Isaiah Hartenstein, two 2nd round picks

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

Damion say he was throwing $500 Bonus Bucks in the Forum contest today?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

You can make a pretty strong argument that every team, minus the Wizards will be missing players today due to the deadline. Although things could certainly underwhelm. Supposedly everyone is waiting for the Lowry and Powell dominos to drop.

Portland- On Aaron Gordon : Names mentioned that could be out – Trent, Simons, Little, Collins

Miami – Connected to Dipo, Lowry, and Dinwiddie. : Names mentioned that could be out – Dragic, Nunn, Robinson, Herro (unlikely), Bradley

Golden State – May move Oubre

Lakers – On Lowry and willing to move Harrell, Schroder, KCP

Knicks – On Dipo, Lonzo Ball, Andre Drummond : Names connected – Unknown

San Antonio – May move DDR, Gay

Clippers – Want point guard (Ball, Hill, Rubio ) Names mentioned – Unknown, but don’t want to move Mann and that’s who everyone is asking for.

Kings – Selling off everything possibly, already moved Joseph – Barnes, Holmes, Bagley, Bjelica all supposedly available.

Sixers – Linked to Lowry Names mentioned – Danny Green, Seth Curry, Tyrese Maxey

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@WillyWongka said...

What’s the deal with Ariza? Is he going to get a consistent ~20mins with Miami or?

Watch him get traded today.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@theIrrigator said...

Damion say he was throwing $500 Bonus Bucks in the Forum contest today?

“Thanks to everyone on this board for the tips and advice and going through the motions with the ups and downs of this. This board has helped me a bunch. I got $500 on the gpp tomorrow on dk.”

I think so. I would double check with him before doing anything though of course.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@fleishmo6 said...

why Kuzma over RJ Barrett

Kuzma’s shooting 18-50 in the last four games with a usage of over 20 to go along with 9 boards and 6 assists per game while trying to fill LeBron’s shoes. I promise he will do better than 18-50 in his next four games.

R.J. Barrett and damn near any Knick starter will be overowned playing against Washington. Not saying they have bad games, but the leverage isn’t there with RJ Barrett. Barrett is also shooting 80-152 his last ten games. Barrett’s good with the best yet to come, but he’s not a .500 shooter. Add in the fact that Rose possibly playing would cut into his usage at least a little bit. Regression is coming.

• kettlehead

Congrats Damion, long time lurker, barely ever comment but it is always good to see you guys in here win. I rarely comment because my research is much more gut than it is stat driven and I don’t think you guys want to hear my gut plays lol. I will say that I have learned tons from you guys in here and I’m very thankful and maybe one day I can win a big one.

• realphipps

Congrats Damion!

As for another Damion, Mr. Lee…

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@kettlehead said...

Congrats Damion, long time lurker, barely ever comment but it is always good to see you guys in here win. I rarely comment because my research is much more gut than it is stat driven and I don’t think you guys want to hear my gut plays lol. I will say that I have learned tons from you guys in here and I’m very thankful and maybe one day I can win a big one.

You should read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell.

Gut feelings are often experience meeting a recognized situation taht if one had the time to really analyze it, they would find that gut feeling would most likely be backed up by hard data.

If you have a good or bad gut feeling about someone, you are seeing a situation you have seen before multiple times that is giving you this feeling.
    All studies and data are driven by an origin of a gut feeling. Such as “Hey, I’ve noticed that teams I expect to kill it against teams on long road trips have had players who disappointed me time and again.” That gut feeling is then confirmed by hard data showing teams who play 4 or more consecutive road games have a winning record in those games.

Hope that kinda made sense, but read the book.

• Njsum1

@Yukerboy said...

Gut feelings are often experience meeting a recognized situation taht if one had the time to really analyze it, they would find that gut feeling would most likely be backed up by hard data.

I’ve always felt this way as well. Good to know there’s a book about it…haha

The gut is saying….Kanter, Wiseman, and some MRob, gonna be rolling a handful of 2 Center lineups today on DK.

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

Golden State – May move Oubre

Two-way wings are a precious commodity in today’s NBA.

I predict they’ll keep him and he’ll come off the bench next season.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

I’ve always felt this way as well. Good to know there’s a book about it…haha

The gut is saying….Kanter, Wiseman, and some MRob, gonna be rolling a handful of 2 Center lineups today on DK.

Gut feeling confirmed!

Kanter and MRob are offensive rebounding machines playing teams giving up offensive boards at a high rate and those are snowball stats.

Wiseman only averages 22 minutes as a starter, but with Holmes/Whiteside, I can’t see him playing less than 25.

Perhaps I’m underestimating the ownership on Kanter/MRob. I already know Wiseman will be high.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

“Thanks to everyone on this board for the tips and advice and going through the motions with the ups and downs of this. This board has helped me a bunch. I got $500 on the gpp tomorrow on dk.”

I think so. I would double check with him before doing anything though of course.

Yeah I’m gonna wait until he wakes up/sobers up before I create the contest lol

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

Yeah I’m gonna wait until he wakes up/sobers up before I create the contest lol

Haha

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@gaelicgirl said...

Which he should take as an actual compliment.
    Being the back up to Thompson/Wiggins/Dray will still give him 25+ minutes and recognition as one of the best 6th men in the league with the low usage second unit surrounding him.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

I predict you are wrong.
    He is an unrestricted free agent after the season.

https://bluemanhoop.com/2021/03/24/golden-state-warriors-trading-kelly-oubre-jr/

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

I agree they’d probably be better off keeping him, BUT if they hold onto him and he decides to sign somewhere else this summer, then they’ve lost that 14.3 million salary slot, and no way they’re going to be able to replace it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).