Toronto (42-29) Chicago (43-29) TBD TBD 7:30 PM
    New Orleans (37-33) Houston (47-23) TBD TBD 8:00 PM
    Minnesota (16-54) L.A. Lakers (18-51) TBD TBD 8:00 PM
    Memphis (50-21) Cleveland (46-26) CLE -2 194.0 8:00 PM
    Denver (27-44) Philadelphia (17-54) DEN -11.5 207.5 9:00 PM
    Utah (31-39) Portland (44-25) TBD TBD 9:00 PM
    San Antonio (44-26) Oklahoma City (41-30) SA -7.5 214.0 9:30 PM
    Phoenix (38-33) Sacramento (25-45) PHO -8 210.5 10:00 PM

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• tmarohl

I still think the guy just got lucky. We are so into reading all of these statistics that rotogrinders provides. We don’t play Spurs, We don’t play Hawks, because we are afraid of the coach deciding to rest guys. We don’t play guys because we think there is going to be a blowout. We don’t play guys because Notorius tells us it’s a slow paced game, etc. Sometimes it just comes down to putting together a solid lineup and not looking at all the other stuff. Sometimes simpler is better. Most of us thought we needed lineups tonight that would approach 400 points to win. That gets us chasing value and points. If everything breaks right we do ok. Most of the time though those punts are shanked, or we are too spread out with multiple lineups. Sometimes just putting together a solid lineup is enough. Like tonight. I didn’t see any of the pros within sniffing distance of winning tonight.

• slick5000

Cash line on FD for 50 50s if anyone knows. Thx

• Mindofigor

I’ve actually done better when i avoided all the expert talk. I’m in these threads just to chop it up with y’all and then do my own research without having anyone sway me.

• sonicattack

@Stylerip said...

I’ve actually done better when i avoided all the expert talk. I’m in these threads just to chop it up with y’all and then do my own research without having anyone sway me.

I like to see who the pros are targeting for ownership percentage but you’re right that this can be detrimental if you’re not careful. Particularly when late news breaks. Beasley’s ownership tonight was a good indicator of that.

• ckamins87

• 2016 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2016 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@sonicattack said...

I like to see who the pros are targeting for ownership percentage but you’re right that this can be detrimental if you’re not careful. Particularly when late news breaks. Beasley’s ownership tonight was a good indicator of that.

Lol the Beasley thing was just comical…its like, going into the day they say Beasley is most likely starting for whiteside…then birdman and wade are out, and it seems like he was a lock for minutes and production. I immediately changed all my lineups to fit in that turd. Too often, I’m swayed by the late night news and force myself to make new lineups with them in it…but I think it’s best to just stick to what you originally liked and hope that the new bright shiny player busts.

• sonicattack

@ckamins87 said...

Lol the Beasley thing was just comical…its like, going into the day they say Beasley is most likely starting for whiteside…then birdman and wade are out, and it seems like he was a lock for minutes and production. I immediately changed all my lineups to fit in that turd. Too often, I’m swayed by the late night news and force myself to make new lineups with them in it…but I think it’s best to just stick to what you originally liked and hope that the new bright shiny player busts.

Nailed it. Most of us would likely have stuck with Budinger, and even if we pivoted to DDR (if we didnt’ have him in already), probably would therefore not have gone to Dragic or whomever.

I had a LU configuration with GHill and Budinger once upon a time today. Memories. :/

• Cameron

RG Co-Founder

• 2014 FanDuel NFL Survivor Champion

• 2016 RG Season Long Champion: NFL

@Yukerboy said...

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/11392969/scoring/lineup/154578069/

13 more from Beal, and this would be a very different post. Got that happy/sad kinda feel.

Brutal. Nice run Yuker. Great lineup.

• sonicattack

To be fair though Bledsoe and Faried sank many battleships on their own too.

• calmextex

Another rough night. Man, it’s just been bad the last few days. Late scratches, injuries, players in favorable situations doing nothing. It will be nice to get away tomorrow and just reassess my strategy before Friday.

Congrats to all the big winners.

• thehazyone

RG Contributor

• Blogger of the Month

@archiemeatpants said...

So, about AD being in the winning lineup……..

I didn’t say AD would be in the winning lineup (I personally was heavy on AD but never said he would be in winning lineup). I said a player with a salary over 10k would be.

I was right.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #31

RG Tiered Ranking

I must admit when I got home from work at 10pm and checked in, I thought this lu was heading towards over 350. Favors and McCollum had over 40 at the half and Bledsoe and Cousins were just starting. Then the Lakers went into OT. I figured if Favors and McCollum could get just 30 more in 2nd half and the other 2 could somehow combine for 100 in a fast paced game, I would wind up with 365. If Bledsoe and Cousins had 85, which was a reasonable expectation, then I’m at 350.

I was thinking, “wow, it might finally come together in a single night for a great cash”. Well,it was all downhill from there. OT could have been so much better, Favors picked up his 3rd quick and left, and McCollum had a 2nd half dud. Cousins was just ok and Bledsoe was terrible. Bledsoe seems to only kill it when I don’t play him.

Dreams got shattered, lol. It is so hard to have everything fall into place. If this was my layup lu, I’d be happier.

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/11402159/scoring/lineup/154687906/

• bangthedrummond

@slick5000 said...

Cash line on FD for 50 50s if anyone knows. Thx

Mine were 271.1

• z4willy

Just a brutal night for value plays IMO. Anyone I played other then Korver stunk. Payne, Foye, Beasley, Waiters,Terry…plugged them all in and each of them brought down a lineup I had in. Even Dieng laid an egg.

Tarik Black was a nice plug and play though.

• ldigeorge

19 lineups from sattelites. 8 ×2 Trains and 1 ×3 train.

293.1 (cash)
    287.7 (cash)
    271.6 (x3)

Things that worked for me: A lot of LaVine/Lin/Dragic. My PF cores of Noel/Davis in 3 LUs was helpful. Budinger was a boss.

Things that didn’t work well: Every lineup I had either had Dieng or Kanter. I had a ton of Tony Allen and Demar DeRozan exposure. Beasley sucks.

• z4willy

@ldigeorge said...

19 lineups from sattelites. 8 ×2 Trains and 1 ×3 train.

293.1 (cash)
    287.7 (cash)
    271.6 (x3)

Things that worked for me: A lot of LaVine/Lin/Dragic. My PF cores of Noel/Davis in 3 LUs was helpful. Budinger was a boss.

Things that didn’t work well: Every lineup I had either had Dieng or Kanter. I had a ton of Tony Allen and Demar DeRozan exposure. Beasley sucks.

Beasley definitely sucks. On a night where you think he’ll chuck up 20 shots he does absolutely nothing.

• fightingjohn

The best research in the long run is your own and going with that you think is best and not what someone else says. Props to the one who won the mega slam.

• Thetruth34

When are we gonna learn that what we think are “value plays” before the game, are never really considered that once the game is over…..

• fightingjohn

these value plays are cheap for a reason, if they hit then great, but if not we blame the player…..lol….

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

Thread Locked

People continuing to post about conspiracy theories. This is an NBA strategy thread. Not the place.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).