7:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3 ) at Charlotte ( 3 ) —- T: 220
    7:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 14 ) at Toronto ( -14 ) —- T: 220.5
    7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 5.5 ) at Miami ( -5.5 ) —- T: 204.5
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -2.5 ) at Minnesota ( 2.5 ) —- T: 230
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 1 ) at New Orleans ( -1 ) —- T: 240
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 4 ) at Milwaukee ( -4 ) —- T: 226
    9:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 7 ) at Denver ( -7 ) —- T: 211.5
    10:30 PM EST : Washington ( 2 ) at LA Lakers ( -2 ) —- T: 233.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superstars92

@Pandamonious said...

I’m around. Trying to post less as I end up ultimately just arguing with people instead of building line ups.

Gotcha. Yea was just wondering. I enjoy reading the random arguments while waiting in the lunch line imo, but maybe that’s just me.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

What I am saying is that Thomas Bryan has realized a bump in minutes recently because the Wizards have elected to play Portis and Bryant together. Kuzma may be listed as the power forward but it is a 4 out 1 in LU so either Bryant or Portis would have to defend either LeBron or Kuzma 25 feet from the basket for long stretches. Perhaps Jeff Green or Wes Johnson are better suited to defend Kuzma than Bobby Portis is.

Is McGee out? He’ll play C matched up 1v1 with Bryant. Portis can handle and chase Kuzma where ever. If they need size Parker will D up LBJ. He’s bigger than Troy Brown. If they decide to run Kuzma at C or Wagner or whomever a ton that isn’t McGee, sure. I suppose that could take Bryant off the court. A C has nothing to do with who is playing SF or PF though. That’s the connection I don’t get.

• mr_papageorgio

Last time I faded chalk Bryant when he was “too expensive” (around tonight’s price if I recall) he went for 50. Not making that mistake again.

• superstars92

I understand what Monarch is saying. He’s basically saying you should play Jabari Parker.

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

I’ve posted this many times and agree for different reasons.

Although I’ve been winning lately and been posting a bunch….so who knows. Probably because I’ve been under 10 lineups.

I’m guessing you’re making a bunch tonight in which case it seems wise to focus on your lineups.

If I ever decided to play dfs seriously I don’t think I’d come to the forum at all. Except to exchange some gifs. 😁. I love a good gif

You’re winning more lately, because I AM posting less!

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Is McGee out? He’ll play C matched up 1v1 with Bryant. Portis can handle and chase Kuzma where ever. If they need size Parker will D up LBJ. He’s bigger than Troy Brown. If they decide to run Kuzma at C or Wagner or whomever a ton that isn’t McGee, sure. I suppose that could take Bryant off the court. A C has nothing to do with who is playing SF or PF though. That’s the connection I don’t get.

No McGee is not out. You know he is not out…lol.

Portis was the Wizards center until Bryant entered the LU. Portis is a horrible defender….they both are and neither can defend the Lakers forwards in this game. The Wiz have been playing much slower since Bryant entered the LU as expected but since the game has opened the total has climbed from 232.5 to 236.5 which suggests this will be a much faster game for the Wizards and in my opinion require less Portis/Bryant combinations on the court at the same time.

• Njsum1

@superstars92 said...

He will be chalky, but I don’t think he’s that good of a player.

Maybe, I wouldn’t know tbh. I try not to be a scout when it comes to Dfs.

I think thats one reason some knowledgeable people struggle with dfs. They can’t seperate their fandom/knowledge of a player and become dispassionate assessors of value.

• Pandamonious

@superstars92 said...

I understand what Monarch is saying. He’s basically saying you should play Jabari Parker.

Yeah. That I get. Parker works 2 ways. One if Lakers go small then he might get a lot of run at PF then if Lakers go big he should get a lot of run at SF. This could be one of his 30-35 minute games. LBJ at PF doesn’t change a lot for Bryant though. Also have to remember Bryant has smashed in 25 minutes before, which seems like a very safe number to expect tonight.

• monarch

I’m like you guys….I’ve been mashing Thomas Bryant all day because everyone is telling me he’s a great play. I just think there is a chance that he may not be.

• superstars92

@Njsum1 said...

Maybe, I wouldn’t know tbh. I try not to be a scout when it comes to Dfs.

I think thats one reason some knowledgeable people struggle with dfs. They can’t seperate either their fandom/knowledge of a player and become dispassionate assessors of value.

Oh haha I got you. To me, these two statements are disjoint. Case in point: I play Josh Jackson every time he gets the minutes when he’s sub 5k, so I naturally will not have this bias. Josh Jackson has helped in this regard.

Of course, I’ll have Thomas Bryant in cash tonight. I don’t see how I can avoid playing him when 80% will be on him in cash.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

You’re winning more lately, because I AM posting less!

Maybe, but my life is emptier

• RiskyBiscuits

Just read that Pop only needs 6 more wins to hold the record for most total wins as head coach in NBA history.

• zline34

What happened last night? JVal snapped his leg. You think Toronto players weren’t watching? You think any Toronto coaches are going to risk playing their starters extended minutes for any reason ronight? Trap game. Towns is a trap as well Barnes revenge? Huerter is a trap. Robin Lopez hook shots all night.

• Shaudy_lo

@zline34 said...

What happened last night? JVal snapped his leg. You think Toronto players weren’t watching? You think any Toronto coaches are going to risk playing their starters extended minutes for any reason ronight? Trap game. Towns is a trap as well Barnes revenge? Huerter is a trap. Robin Lopez hook shots all night.

Nurkic snapped his leg not Jval. Unless I missed something

• Njsum1

@superstars92 said...

Oh haha I got you. To me, these two statements are disjoint. Case in point: I play Josh Jackson every time he gets the minutes when he’s sub 5k, so I naturally will not have this bias. Josh Jackson has helped in this regard.

Haha…you should buy a JJ jersey or at least a bobblehead 😁

• Shaudy_lo

I like Frank Jackson a lot less with Elfrid now starting .

This board has talked me into taking Bryant

• superstars92

@monarch said...

Blakeney and Harrison are chalk on DK. I prefer Blakeney for 1k cheaper. He’s like the only Bulls player available tonight that can create his own shot…poor mans Jordan Clarkson. Could be a Dorsey type usage performance.

You just upset a lot of people in Finland.

• monarch

I’m having a hard time getting to Jabari but in his one appearance vs the Lakers he went for 29.8 DK points in 16 minutes. He probably plays double that tonight but I have to project him for 36 minutes before he starts showing up for me at the moment

• monarch

@superstars92 said...

You just upset a lot of people in Finland.

Lauri is the man but he’s not breaking down Siakam off the dribble any time soon. Great catch and shoot and fadeaway guy along the baseline.

• ushook

Jabari might be the way to go, especially if portis gets into foul trouble.

• BBWC_10

@RiskyBiscuits said...

Did you guys hear about the turkey vulture that crashed into Stephen A.‘s office window?

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1110538521104674816?s=21

Just got on, I’ve been looking at things for 2 hours….still have no direction, there are so many ways to go. You know Randle was my guy last year. If he decides to rebound the ball tonight he should go for 50, if he plays like a SG he’ll go for 30.

• superstars92

@Njsum1 said...

Haha…you should buy a JJ jersey or at least a bobblehead 😁

Good idea. Only issue is shall I wait for the cheap European edition of the jersey or the Suns one that won’t be relevant in 2 years?

• superstars92

@monarch said...

Lauri is the man but he’s not breaking down Siakam off the dribble any time soon. Great catch and shoot and fadeaway guy along the baseline.

Oh I assume that’s what they’ll do a lot though. Lauri is interesting. He’s right in between the chalky Bryant and the chalky Randle. I can see a lot of PnRs with Arch/Lauri.

• superstars92

@BBWC_10 said...

Just got on, I’ve been looking at things for 2 hours….still have no direction, there are so many ways to go. You know Randle was my guy last year. If he decides to rebound the ball tonight he should go for 50, if he plays like a SG he’ll go for 30.

Yea same problem I am having with him. He’s also really hard to fit if you want to play KAT and Trae.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).