• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 9.5 ) at Toronto ( -9.5 ) —- T: 206
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 4.5 ) at San Antonio ( -4.5 ) —- T: 212
    8:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -1 ) at Dallas ( 1 ) —- T: 206
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• russ5349

What about Rose? I thought knicks were limiting veterans minutes, yet he played 36 against the spurs.
    Could be good value if melo is out again.

• thebimonster

@russ5349 said...

What about Rose? I thought knicks were limiting veterans minutes, yet he played 36 against the spurs.
    Could be good value if melo is out again.

Play at your own risk..

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

Been rostering Hield every night, but may have to bail vs Memphis. My initial feel is this is going to be a low scoring night.

I used a lot of hield yesterday, but I thought I was paying for 33ish minutes of hield for 5700 not 23 minutes. Luckily he got there at the end. However, if Evans and collison and afflalo are playing I won’t be using him tonight, even if his minutes end up going back up even with those guys playing. It’s just to risky. Yet if theyre out 5700 is a bargain, even against Memphis.

• khanenkrath1

@thebimonster said...

I’ve played Westy and Harden a lot recently, and have not seen the results I wanted most of the time. Also looking at a lot of GPP winners recently, most faded them. I think unless you have a couple of punt plays you are absolutely sold on, you should fade them on any given night.

Also, I’m torn on Ross tonight. He should be chucking against former team, but Toronto is very, very solid against SF with Carroll (if he plays) and Tucker.

I think Westy is a fade tonight. Other point guards have great matchups tonight that are hard to overlook. Peyton vs Toronto, Conley vs Sacramento for instance, I see the perfect lineup have either Lebron, Kawhi, or Aldridge in it.

• khanenkrath1

I have one lineup tonight with Rose/Kawhi/Aldridge/Gobert and another with Peyton/Conley/Ross/Gobert….any advice?

• RAWSHADTX

@khanenkrath1 said...

I have one lineup tonight with Rose/Kawhi/Aldridge/Gobert and another with Peyton/Conley/Ross/Gobert….any advice?

The second one is excellent for GPps and it’s still not a bad core either.

• khanenkrath1

The more i think about it maybe on the first line I’ll try Ish Smith over Rose.

• tmarohl

I’m not that high on Gobert as I think Cousins plays tonight

• khanenkrath1

That the issue early if Cousins plays, Gobert losses value. Also, if Gasol plays, Conley loses value

• tmarohl

Feels like the kind of night where a guy like Barrea or Norman Powell go off and sink everyones lineup.

• JZ2318

Initial Thoughts:

Tonight is KCP blow-up game at low ownership with dirt cheap price tag. NYK terrible vs SG, it is at the Garden. I think this means a greater chance of the game staying close and also motivation to deliver at the “worlds greatest arena”.

Drummond and/or Hernangomez both are in great spots, should be fun to watch these two battle eachother in the paint.

Seth Curry is running point now, you can get him at 5300 going uptempo vs RWB. Also frees up SG slot, Wesley at 4500 could payoff big.

I have a feeling SA smacks CLE around tonight and Kawhi has one of his ceiling games.

Finally, I see a good mix of value and star power tonight. Concern of ownership should take a backseat to finding the players in the best spots today.

• winnerchickendinner

Gonna play on fanduel aka walmart today. What have the top lineups looked like? I think I read that most top lineups have one low priced small forward and a big time one but thats it.

• khanenkrath1

last nights main was Westbrook, Rondo, Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, Jimmy Butler, Trevor Ariza, Mirotic, James Johnson, and Turner

• khanenkrath1

Curry has come back down to earth after tearing it up from January to the beginning of March. He’s scored more than 20 points once in his past 10 games, failing to reach double figures in four of those contests. Curry is shooting 30.4 percent from 3-point range in his past five games and doesn’t provide the type of secondary stat coverage for this price. The Mavericks’ stagnant offense should be avoided at all costs on the short six-game slate…..information from rotowire….players to avoid

• tmarohl

@JZ2318 said...

Initial Thoughts:

Tonight is KCP blow-up game at low ownership with dirt cheap price tag. NYK terrible vs SG, it is at the Garden. I think this means a greater chance of the game staying close and also motivation to deliver at the “worlds greatest arena”.

Drummond and/or Hernangomez both are in great spots, should be fun to watch these two battle eachother in the paint.

Seth Curry is running point now, you can get him at 5300 going uptempo vs RWB. Also frees up SG slot, Wesley at 4500 could payoff big.

I have a feeling SA smacks CLE around tonight and Kawhi has one of his ceiling games.

Finally, I see a good mix of value and star power tonight. Concern of ownership should take a backseat to finding the players in the best spots today.

Tonight is the night we find out if Detroit has given up or will make one last run at the playoffs. For that reason, I will have a lot of Pistons going tonight. I don’t like Reggie or Ish as they are both basically in a timeshare which limits their upside. I like Leuer as a guy to hit value. I agree on KCP, if he is going to blow up, tonight is the night. At first glance this is a spot where Drummond could go for something like 15 points, 20 rebrounds and a couple blocks. I don’t see anyone on NY challenging him for any of those boards. I think Lebron is priced to high for this matchup. While Cleveland really needs this game, and SA really has nothing to play for at this point, I think Pop will want to send a message tonight and this will be a playoff type atmoshpere. I look for solid games from Leonard, Gasol and Lemarcus. On Cleveland this is the type of game where it could be mostly Kyrie doing the damage.

• 7klub06

Oh shit let the fun begin

Ross/Ibaka Revenge game
    Conley/Gobert/Derozan/Drummond or Gobert/Leonard/Irving/Hill

If Hayward is out all on Joe Johnson

Thoughts?

• amjennison25

• thebimonster

@7klub06 said...

Oh shit let the fun begin

Ross/Ibaka Revenge game
    Conley/Gobert/Derozan/Drummond or Gobert/Leonard/Irving/Hill

If Hayward is out all on Joe Johnson

Thoughts?

I would think if Hayward is out, all the Hill/Gobert. But JJ could potentially sneak above 6x too..

• khanenkrath1

Lets start from the top, you have Westbrook, Irving, Conley, Holiday, Payton, Hill, Rose…….Cash or GPP you should probably have Westbrook with a ceiling at 70+

• frugal

@khanenkrath1 said...

Curry has come back down to earth after tearing it up from January to the beginning of March. He’s scored more than 20 points once in his past 10 games, failing to reach double figures in four of those contests. Curry is shooting 30.4 percent from 3-point range in his past five games and doesn’t provide the type of secondary stat coverage for this price. The Mavericks’ stagnant offense should be avoided at all costs on the short six-game slate…..information from rotowire….players to avoid

Curry’s role has changed from SG to PG over the last 2 games. He split those games with a solid performance against the Clippers with a nice 24.5% usage and a poor showing (along with the rest of the Mavs) against Toronto. His mindset hasn’t yet switched to play making rather than always looking to create his own shot and as such his assist numbers haven’t changed. However, if he has any capability to play point as the Mavs seem to believe his assist numbers should increase by 2-3 in addition to the ~12 FGA he takes. He has the potential to get hot from 3 taking ~6 a game though Westbrook holds opponent’s to withing 2% of opponent 3P%.

I’m not 100% decided if I want to roster Curry or not, but I think he’s maybe still worth consideration.

• zpa1989

Some quick takes on tonight: Derozan a lock tonight? Orlando defense has been awful. Also like ibaka but him and ddr haven’t hit value on fd together once. Frazier getting 36 mins last night has some appeal if cousins is out. Love kawahi tonight, I think I will be all in on him. Kyrie is the guy for the cavs but I could see Conley or Payton outscoring him for less. Kcp random 40 burger is on the table for sure in gpp. He’s overdue. Not sure who to use out of ghg or kp but I lean ghg. Ross in a revenge game looks good and Johnson or hood if Hayward is out has some upside

• frugal

@khanenkrath1 said...

Lets start from the top, you have Westbrook, Irving, Conley, Holiday, Payton, Hill, Rose…….Cash or GPP you should probably have Westbrook with a ceiling at 70+

I will have some Westbrook exposure. However, there are 2 scenarios in which you absolutely do not want him.

1. Dallas slows the pace way down with the final score being in the high 80’s to low 90’s. Westbrook has a decent game but doesn’t pay off his salary.
    2. OKC blow out win. Westbrook has a triple double by the 3rd, but limited 4th Q minutes kill his upside.

I think there’s a pretty high probability one of these happen.

• deerosa

@JZ2318 said...

Initial Thoughts:

I am running many Kawhi/James Lineups. :)

Gobert is surely to be high owned this evening. Might pivot to some Drummond and Hernangomez.

If KCP does not take advantage of this matchup, I may give this dude a break for a long time.

Tobias likes to show out at the Garden as well.

Easy to pivot off of Westbrook this evening, way too many juicy matchups in the 7k range. O like Derozan at the SG.

Took some time off moving and travelling, need to knock off the rust this evening :)

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #80

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I’m not that high on Gobert as I think Cousins plays tonight

That actually makes Gobert a better play. Cousins is horrible on defense, and it forces Gobert to play more minutes because the Jazz have no other Cs that can guard Cousins (Favors is out).

• RAWSHADTX

@JZ2318 said...

Initial Thoughts:

I was looking at KCP too as well, but I’m so worried about his consistency that I have to roll with DeRozan on this one. It’s quite possible that I may roll off of DeRozan, but I like my lineup the way it is now.

I do have Drummond and Leur today tho. Leur looks like he’s been hitting value almost every night.

The only person I’ve been thinking of getting is Elfrid Payton.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler