• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 9.5 ) at Toronto ( -9.5 ) —- T: 206
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 4.5 ) at San Antonio ( -4.5 ) —- T: 212
    8:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -1 ) at Dallas ( 1 ) —- T: 206
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• cccalloway

@frugal said...

I will have some Westbrook exposure. However, there are 2 scenarios in which you absolutely do not want him.

1. Dallas slows the pace way down with the final score being in the high 80’s to low 90’s. Westbrook has a decent game but doesn’t pay off his salary.
    2. OKC blow out win. Westbrook has a triple double by the 3rd, but limited 4th Q minutes kill his upside.

I think there’s a pretty high probability one of these happen.

I’ll go with Vegas which says OKC should score 103 and is favored by 1. You cannot be worried about blowouts in this spot ever or you just can’t play DFS.

Vegas doesn’t get these things that wrong often so I’d say there is a very low probability of a blowout or OKC scoring in the high 80s. I can see merits to fading Russ like how slow Dallas plays and lack of very attractive value plays at this point but I don’t think you have to worry about those 2 scenarios

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #78

RG Tiered Ranking

@khanenkrath1 said...

That the issue early if Cousins plays, Gobert losses value. Also, if Gasol plays, Conley loses value

Other way for Gobert but yea if Gasol plays the entire Grizzlies roster loses value. Randolph/Green are hurt the most though. Conley should be the least one affected (but still somewhat affected).

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

That actually makes Gobert a better play. Cousins is horrible on defense, and it forces Gobert to play more minutes because the Jazz have no other Cs that can guard Cousins (Favors is out).

I was looking at it from the point that Cousins tends to get other centers in foul trouble.

• Brdmc3

Gasol back helps Conley. On/Off shows it. The way ZBO plays directly hurts Conley and Conley should be avoided if Gasol sits

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #78

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I was looking at it from the point that Cousins tends to get other centers in foul trouble.

Yea that’s true, but if he doesn’t get into foul trouble (which he didn’t the first game) he should reach 5x given he must play a ton of minutes if the Pelicans run two bigs. He got 5x+ the first game and that’s with Hayward who might be out.

^hmm I don’t know what on/off is but I don’t think that makes sense. Maybe the stats show it but that seems counterintuitive. Clearly Gasol hurts Zbo/Green but I would think it hurts Conley somewhat (although like I said the least) because that’s less shots/assists for Conley. Maybe the sample size is too small for on/off to work correctly here.

• GGee87

I cant wait to see Pop and the Spurs make Bron Bron say Uncle tonight. I HATE HATE HATE the Wizards with a passion and I loved every minute of their win the other night. How do we feel about Randolph tonight? He seems priced ripe for a ceiling type game especially if Gasol is out or limited.

• hoffs812

Way too many people seem to be on gobert tonight… This is when he will bust… Just have a feeling

• Brdmc3

@superstars92 said...

Yea that’s true, but if he doesn’t get into foul trouble (which he didn’t the first game) he should reach 5x given he must play a ton of minutes if the Pelicans run two bigs. He got 5x+ the first game and that’s with Hayward who might be out.

^hmm I don’t know what on/off is but I don’t think that makes sense. Maybe the stats show it but that seems counterintuitive. Clearly Gasol hurts Zbo/Green but I would think it hurts Conley somewhat (although like I said the least) because that’s less shots/assists for Conley. Maybe the sample size is too small for on/off to work correctly here.

I assumed the same thing yesterday before doing research. Randolph is strictly a post up back to the basket player who has usage around 32 percent. He fades away and shoots. He does not need conley to set him up for shots or pick and rolls. Take it for what its worth, just an observation from watching the game and looking at on/off numbers. I faded Conley last night and will again tonight if Gasol sits.

• Ccon33

@superjon said...

I’ve got one with that core, except sub CoJo for Parker

Yea,I feel like cojo will be a little bit chalkier,than Parker. PG vs. Kyrie has been pretty good to me. I do appreciate your input,and may do just what you said. “Rosterbating” all day, could definitely put me on cojo,but not quite yet.

• tmarohl

@Brdmc3 said...

Gasol back helps Conley. On/Off shows it. The way ZBO plays directly hurts Conley and Conley should be avoided if Gasol sits

Trying to get a read on the Grizzlies. On one hand they could probably catch OKC for the 6 seed, but they are pretty much locked into the 7 seed with the next closest team 5 games behind them. They could potentially catch OKC for the 6th seed. So the question becomes who would they rather face in the first round of the playoffs. San Antonio or Houston? Both bad choices. If they want to play Houston and pass OKC, then there is more chance that Gasol plays tonight, although they should not have much problem with Sacremento whether he plays or not. If they are content where they are, they might start limiting minutes of guys like Conley, ZBo, etc and let some of the younger guys have a little more run.

• Ccon33

@dgballer said...

T Ross and Iblocka against their former teams. Double revenge narrative.

Definite narrative for Ross,Obama not so much. He wasn’t there long,and he is a vet.

• zpa1989

Cojo just an awful ppm guy. Hard for me to get on him in gpp. Rather play parker. Same ceiling for alot less on fd

• feekdogg

@Ccon33 said...

Definite narrative for Ross,Obama not so much. He wasn’t there long,and he is a vet.

Obama doesn’t have the bulk to bang down low. I’d be concerned about his rebounding.

• tmarohl

@superstars92 said...

@tmarohl said…

The other thing is that Cousins is not a traditional center, he could pull Goebert out to the three point line. While I understand that Goebert will need to be on the floor more minutes, I think the Stifle Tower is more effective when he is around the basket getting boards, blocks and put backs. If he is covering Cousins out at the three point line those rebounds will go to someone else.

• chatmar

Who is Cojo? Thanks

• GGee87

@tmarohl said...

Trying to get a read on the Grizzlies. On one hand they could probably catch OKC for the 6 seed, but they are pretty much locked into the 7 seed with the next closest team 5 games behind them. They could potentially catch OKC for the 6th seed. So the question becomes who would they rather face in the first round of the playoffs. San Antonio or Houston? Both bad choices. If they want to play Houston and pass OKC, then there is more chance that Gasol plays tonight, although they should not have much problem with Sacremento whether he plays or not. If they are content where they are, they might start limiting minutes of guys like Conley, ZBo, etc and let some of the younger guys have a little more run.

These are the kind of things I have been looking into lately. What are these teams thinking and where are they trying to position themselves? That answers alot of the question marks on who to roster these last few weeks of the season.

• dunbarnation

I feel good about my two lineups today. I have one with a Spurs stack and one without. As much as I wanted to go all-in with just Aldridge and Leonard, I can’t never trust coaches this time of year, especially Pop.

• tmarohl

@zpa1989 said...

Cojo just an awful ppm guy. Hard for me to get on him in gpp. Rather play parker. Same ceiling for alot less on fd

True, but I think Parkers ceiling is capped in the timeshare with Patty Mills. Cojo will get more minutes and has a higher ceiling in my opinion.

• thebimonster

With Korver out, and Shump probably out as well, and Spurs DVP vs SG, JR Smith becomes the obvious play now, right?

• Njsum1

Westbrook could always hang an 80 burger, and if your making more than 2 lineups I would certainly use him in 1. If extreme value opens up, maybe I’d use him in my main lineup. Yet he’s just not in a great spot tonight…It’s a road back to back against a team that’s held him in check twice this year.

• AntsTwin

@chatmar said...

Who is Cojo? Thanks

• tmarohl

@thebimonster said...

With Korver out, and Shump probably out as well, and Spurs DVP vs SG, JR Smith becomes the obvious play now, right?

JR Smith sucks at basketball, never forget that.

• mike42

I like the rose call is Melo is out, great tourney play. It’s funny, if you post the obvious picks everybody is cool with it. You go outside the box, someone warns or rips you. You look at the winners every night and most of their guys where not obvious picks. Go figure.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #78

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brdmc3 said...

I assumed the same thing yesterday before doing research. Randolph is strictly a post up back to the basket player who has usage around 32 percent. He fades away and shoots. He does not need conley to set him up for shots or pick and rolls. Take it for what its worth, just an observation from watching the game and looking at on/off numbers. I faded Conley last night and will again tonight if Gasol sits.

Yea actually I took some time to comprehend what you meant and that actually makes sense here. Zbo’s usage becomes higher which actually takes away from Conleys usage. And Conley isn’t benefiting assists wise from Zbo’s increase in usage. I guess if the stats show it that also supports this theory too.

I don’t think I was going to take Conley anyways if Gasol didn’t play (or plays), but the main thing for me is if Gasol doesn’t play, I’m going to take Zbo/Green/Allen (some combo of them), so it’s important for me if Gasol doesn’t play for those players.

• rbuckleyjr1

You guys think there will be enough value for RWB/Payton/Vooch/Gobert core on yahoo?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler