• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 9.5 ) at Toronto ( -9.5 ) —- T: 206
    7:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 4.5 ) at San Antonio ( -4.5 ) —- T: 212
    8:30 PM EST : Okla City ( -1 ) at Dallas ( 1 ) —- T: 206
    10:30 PM EST : New Orleans ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 0 ) at Sacramento ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• chronoxiong

I am so pissed off! Can’t believe I didn’t crack 300 points tonight all because of some horrible decisions! I stacked the Pistons (Ish, KCP, Harris, Drummond) and was not rewarded for that effort. I knew playing KCP was risky because of his inconsistent game log. I thought hard about going Wesley Matthews instead as he was 4.5k (KCP was 4.4k) but settled upon KCP. Horrible decision that costed me 11 points as Wesley hit value.

And yeah, I mentioned Harris. I played him over ZBo which was the ultimate mistake of the night. Why would I trust Harris over ZBo? Because I noticed that Zbo, Jamaychal Green and Allen still don’t play more than 30 mins a game. I felt that Harris was guaranteed to get anywhere from 20-35 fdp as long as the game stays close. I thought a back to back situation with ZBo would mean he plays 28 mins but he still crushed value while I fell down hard all because I trusted Harris and that awful Pistons team. Just horrible. Only won a few games and missed cashing in everything by around 5 points.

• DefinitelyMiami

@yorick said...

Fell for the Pistons trap. Looks like they officially gave up on the season. No point to rostering Pistons anymore

Tomorrow night is basically must win for Detroit vs the HEAT.
    Det leads the season series 2-1
    Last game was in Miami 2 months ago 219 combined points
    Reggie Jackson had 24 points Drummond had 21 reb 17 points
    Dragic 23 points Whiteside 9 points 12 reb

Previous game (New Years Day) 205 combined points
    Jackson 27 points Drummond 25 points 18 reb
    Whiteside and Dragic DNP

First game of season series (11/23/16) 191 total
    Drummond 18 points 15 reb

So yeah, things have changed some but Id say Drummond is in play

• zpa1989

@DirkDigglerz said...

AD is a jumpshooter he mostly gets his points on midrange jumpshots.

he has an all around game. but when i do see him play he does drive inside and scores inside the paint

• yorick

@DefinitelyMiami said...

Whiteside and Dragic DNP

Their chemistry is trash, they just lost to the Knicks, and the Heat have been the hottest team in basketball since the New Year. No way I’m touching any Pistons after tonight, especially in this matchup when so many other good games are on the slate. Game theory and my horrible luck will say you should stack the Pistons though as a contrarian move right?

• QSchoolDropOut

Does my strategy that I won with tonight payoff a lot?

I put Westbrook and Davis together … It sort of made sense at the time.

I might try it again, given how so many players are out in the last few weeks of the season.

• Dirt_Lavert

@QSchoolDropOut said...

I might try it again, given how so many players are out in the last few weeks of the season.

When the top guys and the low $ guys both hit and exceed value it does. Especially when the low $ guys get you all those over 6x points even if the big guns just get you the raw points that still puts you over.

• DefinitelyMiami

@yorick said...

No way I’m touching any Pistons after tonight, especially in this matchup when so many other good games are on the slate

Im not trying to sell you on anything but it will most likely be a close game and 2 of the 3 games were 205+ totals.
    I’ve already laid out what RJax and Drummond have done and if there is anyone who knows the HEAT its Stan Van Gundy

• XxHeisenbergxX

So we are all stacking Miami?

• XxHeisenbergxX

I learned from my years of betting sports straight up… Bad teams are bad teams.. Vegas loves the guys who jams at the window saying this is the week they turn it around.

Detroit is done.

• bigkino217

@QSchoolDropOut said...

it works when there’s value that hits.

• Dfspacman

Put in $8.5 got back $1.25

• DefinitelyMiami

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

So we are all stacking Miami?

Go for it HEAT are -2.5 and Whiteside is only 8.2K
    People proclaimed the Bulls done too, didnt stop them from running a train on Milwaukee though.

I hope the HEAT win as it would take them over their 35.5 Win Total but as I said expect a close game

• tmarohl

@DefinitelyMiami said...

Whiteside and Dragic DNP

It is a must win game for Miami too, and I like their chances much better than Detroit. Miami is only 1/2 game ahead of Chicago for the 8 seed. Detroit is now 1.5 games behind Miami for the last spot. I think Detroit has mailed it in. They wouldn’t be shutting Reggie Jackson down for the season if they didn’t.

• IronMonkey415

Lost all my FD lineups again.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

It is a must win game for Miami too, and I like their chances much better than Detroit. Miami is only 1/2 game ahead of Chicago for the 8 seed. Detroit is now 1.5 games behind Miami for the last spot. I think Detroit has mailed it in. They wouldn’t be shutting Reggie Jackson down for the season if they didn’t.

I think the Pistons put up a fight tomorrow. How successful that fight is I don’t know. I’ll have interest in Drummond, but that’s about it. Slightly confused on the Jackson situation. As the news came out he would be out tomorrow, I was watching the post game and SVG said Reggie would “probably” rest tomorrow. He also mentioned they had discussions of shutting him down for the season going back as far as a couple weeks saying he’s really only been 80% all season. I’ve yet to see a specific quote or team news release saying he’s out even though I’m sure he will be.

• DefinitelyMiami

@tmarohl said...

Not really, its a big game for the HEAT sure but they would still be tied with the Bulls if they lost. Det would be 2.5 back

As for RJax, He was most likely rested on the first night of a B2B assuming they could beat the Knicks. Id be shocked if he doesnt play tonight

• rebkell

Too bad, DK decided to not include the DEN/POR and WAS/LAL games in the main slate tomorrow. Damn I wish they would just leave that alone, I hate the constant fiddling they have done with the NBA this year.

• Dirt_Lavert

@rebkell said...

Too bad, DK decided to not include the DEN/POR and WAS/LAL games in the main slate tomorrow. Damn I wish they would just leave that alone, I hate the constant fiddling they have done with the NBA this year.

They need a late slate roulette for DEN and LAL lol. Might as well get GSW in there and boom

• tmarohl

@DefinitelyMiami said...

Not really, its a big game for the HEAT sure but they would still be tied with the Bulls if they lost. Det would be 2.5 back

As for RJax, He was most likely rested on the first night of a B2B assuming they could beat the Knicks. Id be shocked if he doesnt play tonight

Doubtful. They needed to win tonight against the Knicks. They put up a fight for about 10 minutes. Teams that are trying to make the playoffs don’t go easy because it is the first half of a back to back.

• Dirt_Lavert

@tmarohl said...

Doubtful. They needed to win tonight against the Knicks. They put up a fight for about 10 minutes. Teams that are trying to make the playoffs don’t go easy because it is the first half of a back to back.

Weird how the Knicks and the Kings are looking decent right at the end of the year. Even against teams chasing playoffs/ playoff seating hahahaha

• MPDR1983

Hit my highest score yet on DK 347.50 last night. On to today!

• Ryan61290

Picking some studs from the GS/HOU game and some values elsewhere. Seems like a great slate today

• terrypercs

Told yall about Fizdale

• damionismyname

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

FD scoring is fucked up.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler