7:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -1.5 ) at Washington ( 1.5 ) —- T: 201.5
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( 9 ) at Toronto ( -9 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -4 ) at Miami ( 4 ) —- T: 218.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 17.5 ) at Houston ( -17.5 ) —- T: 218
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1.5 ) at New Orleans ( -1.5 ) —- T: 222
    10:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Sacramento ( -1.5 ) —- T: 205
    10:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 3 ) at LA Clippers ( -3 ) —- T: 225.5
    10:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@sochoice said...

17 minutes with 12-15 fantasy points is the best one could hope for here. Guy who hasn’t been with a team isn’t going to come in and light it up.

probably right that he’s unlikley to light it up, yet the minutes might be higher. Bulls are missing Lavine, Dunn, Blakeney, and possibly valentine. They just gave him a decent contract, I think they might want to see what they have here down the stretch. Don’t know if tonight’s the night they give him that run or the following game, yet I could see 25 minutes here if it’s the bulls plan to kick the tires right away. He could also see 15 minutes. He’s a worthy punt IMO, yet you probably don’t want too much exposure.

• Kmasonbx

@sochoice said...

17 minutes with 12-15 fantasy points is the best one could hope for here. Guy who hasn’t been with a team isn’t going to come in and light it up.

Brandon Jennings was just in the same situation and went for over 40. Not saying Kilpatrick is going to do the same, but these guys tend to keep themselves in great shape and are always ready. If he gets the minutes he could perform.

• heyarnold1212

@Luctyl99 said...

Tyler Johnson is WAY too cheap against the Cavs

Actually, SG is the only bad matchup vs Cleveland. Currently 14th with no other position worse than 6.

Agree to an extent since the price is only $4500.

• frugal

Man, outside Burke my value plays were off last night and too much Griffin cost me. Gotta have a short memory in DFS. Onto tonight early look at Yahoo value:

Gerald Green $10 – Green is going to be the chalk value tonight. With Houston looking to get starters rest to be fresh for the playoffs, Green should 30+ minutes. While Harden’s massive usage is likely to benefit Paul and Gordon the most, Green’ usage bumps up from 23.2 to 25.5 with Harden off the floor. Usage boost, guaranteed minutes, and soft matchup makes Green a prime target to hit 3X+ tonight.

John Henson $11 – Henson remains criminally underpriced for such a consistent value play. He’s hit 2.4X+ in 4 of the last 5 averaging .99 FPPM with 3 of the games being ~3X+. MIL just played LAC and Henson returned 25.9 in 25 minutes. Always love getting cheap exposure to high O/U games, and this one’s projected as the second highest on the night.

Fred VanVleet $11 – With the team looking healthy, VanVleet is going to have a hard time seeing more than low to mid 20’s in minutes. He’s coming off a relatively disappointing 22 minute 18 FP loss vs LAC, but he still scored 16. In fact he’s scored 14+ points in 4 of the last 5, averaged .94 FPPM over the last 5, and offers cheap exposure to the highest O/U game on the night.

Good luck!

• TrustinthePlan

@sochoice said...

I think his ceiling is about 18-21 fps. I think even if he gets only 17 minutes he can put together a nice little stat line. Definitely gives you room to add another stud even in cash games.

• Njsum1

@Kmasonbx said...

Brandon Jennings was just in the same situation and went for over 40. Not saying Kilpatrick is going to do the same, but these guys tend to keep themselves in great shape and are always ready. If he gets the minutes he could perform.

That’s because Bledsoe got into foul trouble and Jennings got hot. It wasn’t in the bucks plan to give Jennings those minutes. Yet I agree, if he gets minutes, he’s 3k. I would like to hear that he’ll be part of the rotation. Coach gave us that info on Blakeney. If I don’t hear that from the coach, I might use him in 1 lineup. If i do hear that he’s part of the rotation, we can assume 20 minutes, making him worthy of a punt. Also warm up your Nwaba, he might see some big run tonight. Or the coach can just sit him after 25 minutes like he was doing to Valentine. Still worth a GPP shot or two as he could hang 40for 4700.

• hcassidy

I am not playing Gordon tonight, seems when he is paired with Paul in the backcourt he flounders and has an off game.

• dominicanpapi

DAJ is priced at 8K on Fanduel, he’s been at least 8K 30 times this season and has only gone for at least 5.5X 6 of those times. I do like Nurk as a pivot, cheaper, had 2 crappy games vs. the Pelicans but it was due to foul trouble. I would think they’ll need him against Diallo/Davis/Okafor.

• ushook

@hcassidy said...

I am not playing Gordon tonight, seems when he is paired with Paul in the backcourt he flounders and has an off game.

Is that what happened when they played GS without harden?

• MrPerfekt7

@hcassidy said...

Paul is probable, heck let’s hope he gets rested as well

• ezreads

Harden out per DK

• Mcdonacr

Tarik Black is an absolute no brainer LOCK button. There is no reason for them to play old ass NENE for more than 15-18 minutes so Black is gonna see in the 18-25 minute range will smash. Double Double coming up and 25+ DK points. Hes also a steals and blocks monster when he plays so I think there is legit 30+ upside here.

Gerald Green is an almost LOCK button. Hes gonna chuck 12+ times with half being 3’s. Very good chance he sees 30+ minutes. I think you have a safe floor of around 20 (not ideal but wont ruin your night) and a ceiling in the low 40’s.

Eric Bledsoe revenge (?)…I expect ownership will be low so I will def be above the field on him. Nice floor of around 30 with upside in the mid to high 40’s and if you hit the jackpot he can get you 50. Might have a little extra motivation going up against his old squad. Also, the Clippers have been playing at a breakneck pace so this could be a great spot for him.

Chris Paul is an insta fade for me. Ownership is going to be insane and what does Houston have to gain by playing him a bunch here in a game they should win even without him? No upside in rostering Paul if his ownership will be as high as expected. Give me Kyle Lowry at a fraction of the ownership. Give me Deandre Jordan, Middleton and even Oladipo over Paul.

Victor Oladipo: This guy has ruined so many good lineups of mine over the last 2 weeks. I feel like I have to keep playing him at this point bc I cant miss the blowup game. I wont go crazy but I will be above the field on him

• Izen

salah

• frugal

@hcassidy said...

Yeah, I’m looking at that as well. In the 8 games without Harden, Gorden has averaged 35.96 FP (Yahoo/FD scoring) with a ceiling of 55.1 and a floor of 25.2. Break down of FP is as follows:

Less than 33 – 3 Games
    33 to 40 – 2 Games
    40- 50 – 2 Games
    >50 – 1 Game

On Yahoo where he’s $22, I’d like to see 1.5X, around 33 which is why I bucketed them that way. 62.5% chance of hitting that number, not bad odds at all especially considering the matchup. However, worth noting that on 1/8 he hit 43.7 against CHI with Harden out.

• MrPerfekt7

Cook, VanFleet, Clark or Wade?
    Skal, Henson or Felicio
    Aminu, Harris or Gay?

• Izen

cook
    felicio
    milsap

• frugal

@Mcdonacr said...

Tarik Black is an absolute no brainer LOCK button. There is no reason for them to play old ass NENE for more than 15-18 minutes so Black is gonna see in the 18-25 minute range will smash. Double Double coming up and 25+ DK points. Hes also a steals and blocks monster when he plays so I think there is legit 30+ upside here.

If we look at game logs, even when Capela has been out he’s only seen more than 18 minutes 1 time on 12/29 when Nene was out as well. In those games, Black only started 1 game against the Jazz where he saw 18 minutes, the others Anderson or Nene started at C.

• Bnett2210

I hate playing him, it seems Dipo and Beal kill more of my LUs than anyone this year, but any thoughts on Dipo against GS? I like Cook on the other side, but just wanted thoughts if think Dipo actually hits or exceeds value today?

Also Beal on DK, his price at 7400 I believe, that’s probably what Dipo should be about too, but what’s the thoughts on one of them tonight?

• BawseGeller

@Izen said...

salah

Gesundheit!

• hcassidy

@ushook said...

Is that what happened when they played GS without harden?

Which game are you referring to?

• frugal

Yahoo, players on fire over the last 5 games.

Each of these guys has averaged 40+ FP and 1.2X+:

Kelly Olynyk 40.88
    Khris Middleton 42.04
    Kyle Lowry 40.46
    LaMarcus Aldridge 56.78

Each of these players has averaged from 30-40 and 1.5X+

Al-Farouq Aminu 38.5
    Buddy Hield 34.48
    James Johnson 35.25
    Jusuf Nurkic 38.2
    Thaddeus Young 33.98

• Mcdonacr

@frugal said...

If we look at game logs, even when Capela has been out he’s only seen more than 18 minutes 1 time on 12/29 when Nene was out as well. In those games, Black only started 1 game against the Jazz where he saw 18 minutes, the others Anderson or Nene started at C.

Any game this year he has played at least 16 minutes his floor is 16.75 DK points and his ceiling was over 30. I will take that at $3k any day of the week

Hes going to crush tonight. The Rockets are in full blown cruise control. There is literally no reason for them to play any of their starters any minutes tonight. I don’t see a scenario where he hurts me. Even if he only plays 15-18 minutes he could easily get 20+ DK points

• BerkeleyBoss

Wait, how the hell did Minnesota lose to Memphis last night?!

• ushook

I have to play Dipo tonight… kills me to say it.

• ushook

@hcassidy said...

Which game are you referring to?

January 4th, nationally televised game he dropped 55 FPs in 37 minutes of playing time alongside CP3.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).