NBA FORUM

Comments

• shockermandan

8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 6 ) at Okla City ( -6 ) —- T: 215
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( -1.5 ) at Phoenix ( 1.5 ) —- T: 231

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Kmasonbx

@Pandamonious said...

You can poke, prod, claim whatever…There is zero rhyme or reason for any of Bryant’s big games. Anyone thinking they have it figured out is fooling themselves. The only common theme is 30+ minutes. What leads to those minutes is a whole other thing.

Yea, there was no reason for him to blow up against Milwaukee. The Phoenix spot made sense because every center kills Phoenix and it was triple OT. If he’s going to start and potentially play 30 minutes against Phoenix, he’s over a point per minute guy for the season so I’ll be playing him. The only thing that’s a bit concerning is with Ariza back Portis will play backup center and cut into Bryant’s minutes. The 35 minutes Bryant was playing was minus Ariza, if he only projects at 25-28 minutes it’ll be tough to justify playing him at 6k.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I’m just saying, if you look at the big games Bryant has had they’re against a variety of opponents and tempos. There’s not really one like the other.

Gotcha….he was a good punt play when he was 4k….never someone to bank on

• Benf15harp

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Gotcha….he was a good punt play when he was 4k….never someone to bank on

I also decide to be hard on your takes on occasion, because I think sometimes you’re just playing devil’s advocate for the sake of it or trying to find excuses to be different. Plus early in the day you’re usually one of the only people in here coming in and taking stands. Everyone else is just, I like Kanter tonight. Seriously, no offense to anyone who posted they like Kanter today so far.

• Kmasonbx

@Benf15harp said...

Ayton is a great play too.

• Benf15harp

• theIrrigator

@Kmasonbx said...

Yea, there was no reason for him to blow up against Milwaukee. The Phoenix spot made sense because every center kills Phoenix and it was triple OT. If he’s going to start and potentially play 30 minutes against Phoenix, he’s over a point per minute guy for the season so I’ll be playing him. The only thing that’s a bit concerning is with Ariza back Portis will play backup center and cut into Bryant’s minutes. The 35 minutes Bryant was playing was minus Ariza, if he only projects at 25-28 minutes it’ll be tough to justify playing him at 6k.

Ariza hurt his groin again yesterday, dont think he will play

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

@Kmasonbx said...

Ayton is a great play too.

He needs to bounce back from that, “trust me, I’ll be ready for that game” game narrative.

• Benf15harp

@Pandamonious said...

He needs to bounce back from that, “trust me, I’ll be ready for that game” game narrative.

That’s who that was?!!!?
    Glad I never found that secret out. LOL

• theIrrigator

I like Kanter

• Kmasonbx

@theIrrigator said...

Ariza hurt his groin yesterday, dont think he will play

Thanks! Forgot that I saw he played like 8 minutes yesterday. Would seem pretty silly if they push him tonight, they aren’t making the playoffs at this point. In that case I’m definitely firing up Bryant.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

@Benf15harp said...

That’s who that was?!!!?
    Glad I never found that secret out. LOL

Yeah. Said the last game against Utah was the worst game he had ever played in his life and he wasn’t going to let it happen again, blah, blah, blah.

• Njsum1

Coming here to claim Glory for the KCP call..

And take my lumps for the Bryant call

Nice little…

We have today

• RiskyBiscuits

I want to thank whoever mentioned Wood yesterday as a value play. Switched to him at the last minute and he, himself, got me to the finish line. I forget who it was, just wanted to shout out right quick. Good looks.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I also decide to be hard on your takes on occasion, because I think sometimes you’re just playing devil’s advocate for the sake of it or trying to find excuses to be different. Plus early in the day you’re usually one of the only people in here coming in and taking stands. Everyone else is just, I like Kanter tonight. Seriously, no offense to anyone who posted they like Kanter today so far.

Heres why…

I used to be a really bad player. I would base my decisions off just the board and maybe the grind down. Someone would say all the Kanter and I would play Kanter.

As I have improved I have been able to make my own decisions. I realize Kanter probably plays just as much as he normally would and it is Collins who really sees the major bump in role at both the power forward and center slots.

I am wrong and right on the chalk plays but people on here are very defensive of their chalk KAT and Bryant’s. I’m trying to help…not hurt.

Edit: also Panda…the board is almost dead this time of year…most casual players are basically done. If it wasn’t for me arguing sides…we would have one or two pages each morning of how much we love Kanter today. I don’t see how that helps anything.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Heres why…

I used to be a really bad player. I would base my decisions off just the board and maybe the grind down. Someone would say all the Kanter and I would play Kanter.

As I have improved I have been able to make my own decisions. I realize Kanter probably plays just as much as he normally would and it is Collins who really sees the major bump in role at both the power forward and center slots.

I am wrong and right on the chalk plays but people on here are very defensive of their chalk KAT and Bryant’s. I’m trying to help…not hurt.

I know. I don’t have an issue with it. I feel like you’re inviting debate so I try to bring it to you. That is all. Sometimes you’re right. Sometimes I and anyone else who may argue against you are right.

• Benf15harp

Seems to be a lot more than 2% that owned WOOD yesterday!??? Everybody is just coming out of the WOODWORK! Lmao

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

@Benf15harp said...

Seems to be a lot more than 2% that owned WOOD yesterday!??? Everybody is just coming out of the WOODWORK! Lmao

What you expect? It’s the morning. Of course we all had Wood.

• Shaudy_lo

I had McGee all day yesterday until I read the board and switched to Bryant .

I won’t make that mistake today . Either Kanter or McGee for me

• Benf15harp

@Pandamonious said...

What you expect? It’s the morning. Of course we all had Wood.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

As I have improved I have been able to make my own decisions. I realize Kanter probably plays just as much as he normally would and it is Collins who really sees the major bump in role at both the power forward and center slots

Making your own decisions and looking to poke holes in chalk are two different things. You can decide you love the chalk and go-all in when the field is at 40%. That would differentiate your lineups as well. It’s just deciding for yourself what you want to do..should have nothing to do with what others are thinking. Do that, and you’ll naturally always be contrarian.

For example , yesterday I loved Bryant went…80%…double the field…love KCP…went 60% 7x the field. Wasn’t sure about KAT, didn’t love him, yet saw the upside, so I went slightly under the field 30%. It’s just about making your own decisions. Doesn’t matter if people love a play or hate it. Your opinion should be separate of others.

Also I like Collins today as well, yet I would think that Kanter would just gets Nurkic’s 26 to 30 minutes and Collins would get Kanter’s 18 to 22. And maybe they give Aminu 35 or so. Granted if the game blows out and it very well may, Collins could see much more. I’m talking about competive games moving forward.

• feekdogg

@theIrrigator said...

I like Kanter

It’s tempting. FD got out in front of things and priced him up to 6500. Does Portland stretch him out to get him “playoff ready” to play more minutes? Or does Collins get more run?

• Benf15harp

@Njsum1 said...

Making your own decisions and looking to poke holes in chalk are two different things. You can decide you love the chalk and go-all in when the field is at 40%. That would differentiate your lineups as well. It’s just deciding for yourself what you want to do..should have nothing to do with what others are thinking. Do that you’ll naturally always be contrarian.

For example , yesterday I loved Bryant went…80%…double the field…love KCP…went 60% 7x the field. Wasn’t sure about KAT, didn’t love him, yet saw the upside, so I went slightly under the field 30%. It’s just about making your own decisions. Doesn’t matter if people love a play or hate it. Your opinion should be separate of others.

Also I like Collins today as well, yet I would think that Kanter would just gets Nurkic’s 26 to 30 minutes and Collins would get Kanter’s 18 to 22. And maybe let they give Aminu 35 or so. Granted if the game blows out and it very well may, Collins could see much more. I’m talking about competive games moving forward.

LOL

• Njsum1

@Benf15harp said...

LOL

😁

• mbunner23

Too much value….

Where’s Supertard92 this morning? Must be busy at work.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.