• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 6 ) at Detroit ( -6 ) —- T: 213
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 10.5 ) at Minnesota ( -10.5 ) —- T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -5.5 ) at Chicago ( 5.5 ) —- T: 210
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -1 ) at Portland ( 1 ) —- T: 228.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• jdelsas

@vick325 said...

Harden and Ariza or LBJ and Mccollum? GPP

I’d lean LBJ and McCollum. I think that combined ceiling is higher than Harden/Ariza.

If LBJ goes for 60 tonight (definitely possible), Harden needs at least 74 to match value. Not sure I like those odds with the sore wrist factored in but he could get there tonight if the peripherals are there for him, as he will be taking at least 20 shots if he only had one hand to play.

• moped_jones

@bigkino217 said...

they’re not going to lower the rake just for you to be happy. their contests fill at 15% rake without a problem. expecting that to change is naive

The funniest part about this conversation is that he thinks you are the brick wall.

• frugal

@bigkino217 said...

yea i’ve had some decent cashes, but i’ve won more on DK for whatever reason. probably up 100 or so on yahoo and 700-800 on DK this NBA season

I’ve had the success you’ve had on DK on Yahoo. Love it.

• Naomi44

I’m going to lean towards Capela….. Larry Nance or Bobby Portis could pop also… I’m going to run Lebron and Harden together…. lBJ/Beard death train with a little KCP sprinkled in lol

• hangtime28

@Naomi44 said...

I’m going to lean towards Capela….. Larry Nance or Bobby Portis could pop also… I’m going to run Lebron and Harden together…. lBJ/Beard death train with a little KCP sprinkled in lol

Nice! I have Capela also. I’m on the Jimmy Butler, Beard death train lol. Sprinkled in with some Dunn and Crawford.

• chronoxiong

Every time I go cheap at PG this season, I have failed to cash. I am too hesitant to do that tonight but there is a lot of value at PG. Not much at SG. Some nice choices at SF. PF is value and Center have too many choices. Darn it. Almost feels like I “should” go cheap at PGs.

• KindGuy

@dragon1952 said...

IMO, if they are going to change the rake from a standard that has been in existence for a while then they should publicize it in the contest details. Something like ‘hey guys, we’re increasing the rake for this particular contest to xx%’ If what they are doing is just slowly creeping it up hoping no one will notice then I believe that is sleazy at best. I’m not sure what you guys are referring to or if that’s what’s been happening, but if that has been the case then ‘sleazy’ fits. If they have to do it to stay afloat, then just say so. Either way it’s likely not to influence my playing or not as I’ve pretty much moved on to Yahoo anyway except for some of the bigger prizes (like today’s $150K on DK). But like I said, I’ve pretty much stayed away from DK in protest of their no late swap rule change.

Yes, sleazy is a good way to put it.

Industry pros have actually brought the idea of sites announcing rake changes to the public and I really like that idea.

Unfortunately, we all know that is NEVER going to happen. I have a better chance of getting with Emma Watson. Lol, it’s sad but money always wins out in the long run. I’d wager about 95% of the DFS population doesn’t have a clue what rake is nor do they give a damn.

• Monstee

Frugal – For the GPPs on Yahoo, what is the typical score in order to cash (280)?

• Jnvrmind

@moped_jones said...

That sucks. I put Dudley in there hoping he was a “thing” now but I guess that was a fluke. I might reconfigure b/c I don’t want to be good position on the last game of the night and need a 30 burger from Vonleh and get a 8.9 burger instead.

*EDIT: I bumped KCP down to Crawford and went with Chriss instead. I know he’s been struggling with fouls, but he was good for over 30 quite a bit not all that long ago (last week I believe). I’ll take my chances.

Needing 30 out of Vonleh will always leave you sick and disappointed. No thanks, not ever.

• draggin49

I haven’t heard anyone’s model exploding today.I on the other hand would like to explode on a model 😂

• Naomi44

i may switch out Lebron for Butler….. IDK didnyo olay any Felton?

• Dtayl913

Anyone know anything about Yahoo not allowing deposits from a standard PayPal balance? I get that if you have the PayPal Credit thing, they won’t let you use that, but “Deposit From Your PayPal Balance” isn’t even an option on Yahoo. What gives?

• KindGuy

It’s easier said than done. Yahoo’s prize pools are paltry compared to DK. I’ll admit the gargantuan prize pools are what keep me from moving on to Yahoo.

• bigkino217

@frugal said...

I’ve had the success you’ve had on DK on Yahoo. Love it.

nice. i’ve had a couple fluky instances take away my chances at winning some of the smaller DK GPPs, which would have been a huge boost. the worst was watching a single entry GPP slip from 1st (with a massive lead heading into the late night games) to 6th because my warriors kept feeding klay for his 60 point game lol. lost by 3.5 FP

• mjkoop

Just out of curiosity… What does everyone think of Lin tonight?

• bigkino217

@mjkoop said...

he’s been playing well

• clint08911

@eli87 said...

Well then you would have a couple lineups with both of them on there if you think they could both go off! If CJ goes off and is 20% owned then it comes down to the rest of your players just like Westbrook was 34%owed last night but you needed him in your lineup otherwise your chances were slim! Also, if Lillard were to score 46 and mcullom would need to score 38 to get 5x and the other $1600 can get you the 8pts by choosing a more viable option to fill another roster spot! I am going by DK prices and also Beverly will most likely be on Lillard!

Well I am hoping Lillard goes for a lot more than CJ tonight. I will say it’s a risky play, but to win a huge contest you have to take some risks. I agree with you though, some players when they go off you need to have in your lineup almost regardless of ownership, but I do think you need to own some low owned players to really win big.

• frugal

@Monstee said...

Frugal – For the GPPs on Yahoo, what is the typical score in order to cash (280)?

Last night’s $1 cash line was 273.7 and 344.4 won.

• dragon1952

Something I’m having a little trouble understanding. In the LAC/PHO MU the Grind Down shows Reddick as having a primo -2.24 DRPM MU saying “The matchup doesn’t get any better, as the Suns are ranked dead last against shooting guards this season.” Yet if you look at Rotogrinders Defense vs Position stats it shows PHO as being #2 overall vs SG over the last 5 games with their avg DK fppg dropping from 43.9 to just 34.5 and #3 overall over the last 10 games giving up just 38.5. I know a lot of that has to do with who PHO may have faced over that period but it either means PHO has been improving greatly the past 5-10 games (or longer as it just shows last 5 and last 10 game stats) or they’ve faced some pretty shitty SG’s. Either way it’s not like LAC has elite SG’s.

• Monstee

Thank you sir.

• frugal

@bigkino217 said...

nice. i’ve had a couple fluky instances take away my chances at winning some of the smaller DK GPPs, which would have been a huge boost. the worst was watching a single entry GPP slip from 1st (with a massive lead heading into the late night games) to 6th because my warriors kept feeding klay for his 60 point game lol. lost by 3.5 FP

Ouch. I’ve yet to win a big tourney, gotten close a couple times, won a few 114 man Yahoo single entries.

• vucdores1

Regarding Butler, CLE defense is a steaming hot pile of garbage right now. They cant slow down anybody. Don’t let Butler’s price scare you. I think he at least gets to value.
    I’m surprised Nurkic hasnt been mentioned much. I think he’s going to feast in that game because he does so many things.

• feekdogg

@mjkoop said...

I have him locked into my all-European guy lineup.

• dragon1952

@Dtayl913 said...

Anyone know anything about Yahoo not allowing deposits from a standard PayPal balance? I get that if you have the PayPal Credit thing, they won’t let you use that, but “Deposit From Your PayPal Balance” isn’t even an option on Yahoo. What gives?

My deposits there are always from Paypal balance.

• clint08911

@dragon1952 said...

IMO, if they are going to change the rake from a standard that has been in existence for a while then they should publicize it in the contest details. Something like ‘hey guys, we’re increasing the rake for this particular contest to xx%’ If what they are doing is just slowly creeping it up hoping no one will notice then I believe that is sleazy at best. I’m not sure what you guys are referring to or if that’s what’s been happening, but if that has been the case then ‘sleazy’ fits. If they have to do it to stay afloat, then just say so. Either way it’s likely not to influence my playing or not as I’ve pretty much moved on to Yahoo anyway except for some of the bigger prizes (like today’s $150K on DK). But like I said, I’ve pretty much stayed away from DK in protest of their no late swap rule change.

I agree too, I think it should be be publicized what they are charging for the rake. I honestly forgot that the prizes are set before hand, I play a lot of poker and there are guaranteed prize pools, but once enough players register to reach the prize pool the prizes just keep going up after each player registers until the cut off time. I am now really wondering why they don’t do it like that?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).