• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 6 ) at Detroit ( -6 ) —- T: 213
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 10.5 ) at Minnesota ( -10.5 ) —- T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( -5.5 ) at Chicago ( 5.5 ) —- T: 210
    10:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 0 ) at Phoenix ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Houston ( -1 ) at Portland ( 1 ) —- T: 228.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• VRod305

I’m kind of wondering if this is the beginning of the end of LeBron. He’s played so many minutes and games the last 13 years and he somehow dragged that team to a title last year. I wonder if he’ll ever admit he probably should have gotten some real bench players instead of paying his buddies.

Would I be stunned if he carried his team to another Finals? No. A flameout is totally possible in the second round though if they get the Wizards.

• bigkino217

@VRod305 said...

I’m kind of wondering if this is the beginning of the end of LeBron. He’s played so many minutes and games the last 13 years and he somehow dragged that team to a title last year. I wonder if he’ll ever admit he probably should have gotten some real bench players instead of paying his buddies.

Would I be stunned if he carried his team to another Finals? No. A flameout is totally possible in the second round though if they get the Wizards.

cavs are so far into luxury tax that they have no choice but to pay the players they already have.

• chronoxiong

I am mad and sad at myself. I listened the experts today and paid up for Harden when he was never in my dummy lineup. I had to sacrifice Rubio out of my dummy lineup, went cheap at PGs (Lin/Dunn) all so I could fit Harden and McCollum in. Turned out, both guys sucked, didn’t value and crashed my games down into flames. Wait, you are asking me why did I play Lin when Ish Smith was right below him? Well I had enough of that Pistons team and decided to fade them in full at the last minute. Thought Lin could get 30 fdp himself. He ended up falling short while Ish got 37.7 fdp. Costly fade though I know. Those extra 12.7 fdp that Ish had more than Lin would’ve got me enough to win some of my cash games.

The best decision I made for the night was fading Tobias Harris for Nikola Mirotic. Mirotic was huge value and I can see his price being 6k soon. Too bad I couldn’t take advantage and win with him. And I guess TJ Warren is priced up way too high now. His 28 fdp was solid but a lineup killer. So it’s been a rough few weeks for me. I have lost the small bankroll I been building up lately. Obviously, I have to re-deposit now if I want to keep playing until the season ends. I have no clue what I’m going to do with MLB happening soon too. Sad life right now.

• damionismyname

@chronoxiong said...

I am mad and sad at myself. I listened the experts today and paid up for Harden when he was never in my dummy lineup. I had to sacrifice Rubio out of my dummy lineup, went cheap at PGs (Lin/Dunn) all so I could fit Harden and McCollum in. Turned out, both guys sucked, didn’t value and crashed my games down into flames. Wait, you are asking me why did I play Lin when Ish Smith was right below him? Well I had enough of that Pistons team and decided to fade them in full at the last minute. Thought Lin could get 30 fdp himself. He ended up falling short while Ish got 37.7 fdp. Costly fade though I know. Those extra 12.7 fdp that Ish had more than Lin would’ve got me enough to win some of my cash games.

The best decision I made for the night was fading Tobias Harris for Nikola Mirotic. Mirotic was huge value and I can see his price being 6k soon. Too bad I couldn’t take advantage and win with him. And I guess TJ Warren is priced up way too high now. His 28 fdp was solid but a lineup killer. So it’s been a rough few weeks for me. I have lost the small bankroll I been building up lately. Obviously, I have to re-deposit now if I want to keep playing until the season ends. I have no clue what I’m going to do with MLB happening soon too. Sad life right now.

Just put it all on Demarcus Cousins tomorrow night and win it all back.

• yorick

These scores on FD are ridiculous now. 302 to cash in 50/50s. Over 311 to cash in GPPs lol. Didn’t have any major duds except for Harden and Brook I guess and I’m not even close to GPP cash at 296. My Bulls TNT stack won me nothing and I spent over an hour making a couple LUs like I usually do. Could have just bet on the game in 5 minutes and made actual money lol. I’ve actually made wayyyyyyyyyyyy more money betting on individual games but DFS is just so much more fun…even though I’m sure I’m down $1k plus minimum this NBA season so far.

• DirkDigglerz

I’m going Hard Cousins all the way tom.

• dunny06

I thought it was strange that there was absolutely no news on Devin Booker all day. I took that as I better roster him. I had him in 10 of my 22 lineups and got scared so I bumped it down to 2… should have followed my instincts

• txdave41

I’ve now into my 5th day of complete blowouts. My frustration level is off the charts especially since that I had several lineups this week go over 300, and couldn’t cash a fucking dime.

I don’t see how anyone can consistently win at this when you have players like Crabbe go for 7 pts when I pick him and then put up 30 the next night. Every player is boom or bust now.

• billholler

@yorick said...

These scores on FD are ridiculous now. 302 to cash in 50/50s. Over 311 to cash in GPPs lol. Didn’t have any major duds except for Harden and Brook I guess and I’m not even close to GPP cash at 296

So you pick the most expensive player available and he’s a dud. Now you’re complaining about the cash line because you made bad picks? Makes sense.

• IronMonkey415

Won $80+ on DK.

The less I read the more i win.

• VRod305

Yeah, I have been pretty terrible too. Every time I take the obvious guy (like Justin Anderson two nights ago), he does nothing. Then I fade the obvious guy (Dieng last night) and he puts up 42.

I had my best FD line up every (around this time last year) at like 390 points, so I feel like I have to play it out. Definitely getting frustrating.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).