NBA FORUM

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) — T: 228.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 5 ) at Denver ( -5 ) — T: 220.5
    10:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Phoenix ( -6 ) — T: 220.5
    10:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 11 ) at LA Clippers ( -11 ) — T: 215

RG FORUM DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

LOL It’s all your fault!

I’m sorry

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@casper said...

How bad is PG foot injury

It doesn’t exist. They already used the caffeine dizziness excuse so they went with the foot

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@casper said...

How bad is PG foot injury

It probably shouldn’t have, but this made me laugh.

PG coming off his best game of the season statistically, where he played full minutes, supposedly has a foot injury so bad he wasn’t on the injury report the day before or day of, until he was declared out about 30 minutes before tip off on the front end of a b2b.

Yeah, I think his foot is fine. Unfortunately, that does nothing to clear up whether he will play tonight or not. History say, the most likely scenario is his foot is magically healed, yet Kawhi will bump his knee into something beyond imagination 30 minutes before tip off tonight.

Also greatly possible since this Orlando team is a now a G-league team that both PG and Kawhi sit and spend the game on the bench trading scar stories and discussing battle wounds.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Also greatly possible since this Orlando team is a now a G-league team that both PG and Kawhi sit and spend the game on the bench trading scar stories and discussing battle wounds.

“And then they made me participate in these childish HEB commercials, so I faked quadriceps tendinopathy”

“Why didn’t you just find Pop’s daughter, date her aggressively, and then impregnate a stripper?”

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

Right, makes me think LAC bench players could bring some decent value. Of course, there’s a slim chance Kawhi and PG sit and we have a somewhat competitive game.

• dominicanpapi

IIRC, it’s the same foot that bothered PG earlier in the year.

• Pandamonious

@captainwacky said...

“And then they made me participate in these childish HEB commercials, so I faked quadriceps tendinopathy”

“Why didn’t you just find Pop’s daughter, date her aggressively, and then impregnate a stripper?”

“I didn’t want to give up a million dollars to have her get an abortion to cover the whole thing up from my wife.”

“I wish my stripper just took the million. I had to have a 2nd kid with her and then ask her to marry me, so she’d keep her mouth shut about my proposal and people wouldn’t think the rumors were true.”

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

“I didn’t want to give up a million dollars to have her get an abortion to cover the whole thing up from my wife.”

“I wish my stripper just took the million. I had to have a 2nd kid with her and then ask her to marry me, so she’d keep her mouth shut about my proposal and people wouldn’t think the rumors were true.”

“You think Seth knows?”

• emnj69

@frugal said...

I see this DFS take all the time, the NBA makes a shit ton of money and isn’t going to cater to DFS players which are a small portion of their overall audience. Sad but true. No one makes you or anyone else play, it’s a choice and if it’s affecting your happiness you probably need to step back.

That said, unless they revise scheduling or season length, you can fully expect the future of the NBA stars to be handled in some way like pitchers are handled in the MLB today. Players want to extend their careers and teams want to protect their investments and some type of rest strategy is going to start to becoming commonplace. The NBA just needs to accept it so teams can be forth coming instead of dancing around it and manufacturing last minute injuries.

the DFS and in more particular the gambling industry (expansion of online betting) is becoming huge to the NBA-the NBA themselves knows this and this is why some have formed partnerships with these companies. The NBA product is bad right now that is something most will agree on between load management and teams building super teams. If players need to be protected shorten the season and put a quality product on the court. I can assure you as it is attendance will be down when fans are fully allowed back in to watch games and the majority of fans will not buy season tickets under the current load management strategy and superteam strategy. . They will at best buy tickets to individual games.

As far as players resting-there is ZERO reason not to have transparency with the injury reports. This is such an easy fix. All the commish has to do is say-you must announce players that are out an hour before the game.

• emnj69

p.s I had season tickets for many years and walked away and I am not alone. I still maintain season tickets to other sports.

• Pandamonious

@captainwacky said...

“You think Seth knows?”

“Seth knows. He doesn’t care. He’s spent his whole life coming in 2nd to his brother. Doc never knew though. He’s too busy making phone calls around the league making sure his son stays in the NBA.”

• NarrowJ

Jokic with a near season low usage rate last game with Gordon added to the fray. I may play him lightly until I see 3 or 4 games or so.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@emnj69 said...

I can assure you as it is attendance will be down when fans are fully allowed back in to watch games and the majority of fans will not buy season tickets under the current load management strategy and superteam strategy

This probably makes up about 1% of the people who will no longer support the NBA.

“I’m done with the Clippers because of their inconsistent and confusing load management system and I will no longer buy tickets” – virtually no one

“I’m done with the NBA because it has become far too politicized” – 99% of people no longer buying tix, merch, corporate suites or watching on TV

The NBA has bigger problems than load management.

• captainwacky

I mean… I think we also look at it in a very narrow scope anyway. The NBA still generates great ratings and $ (even in the midst of a pandemic). They have dips each decade and figure it out. If you look at the viewership trends of all sports over the last 40 years, they easily have the best numbers and outlook.

• Brendan239

Is Hutchison a viable play on FD?

• Wsdm61987

@emnj69 said...

As far as players resting-there is ZERO reason not to have transparency with the injury reports.

My issue is that PG didn’t show up on the injury report until a half-hour before game lock. I don’t care so much that he was out. The whole day rolled by with no indication of injury, but I’ve come to realize that the Clippers are notorious for this. It’s gamesmanship to get whatever slight advantage the coach believes they’ll get. From a DFS standpoint it sucks, but at the end of the day you play DFS you gotta be weary of tiny details like that and do better. This is comin’ from someone who had PG in a single late slate lineup. Not the first time this has happened in regard to the Clippers, probably not the last. Just do better, that’s my take.

• mbunner23

@captainwacky said...

I mean… I think we also look at it in a very narrow scope anyway. The NBA still generates great ratings and $ (even in the midst of a pandemic). They have dips each decade and figure it out. If you look at the viewership trends of all sports over the last 40 years, they easily have the best numbers and outlook.

As popular as the NFL is, the NBA is probably the most popular professional American sport I’d assume, mainly from the global audience.

• ifthethunder

@emnj69 said...

All the commish has to do is say-you must announce players that are out an hour before the game.

That’s how it works in English footy: Lineups are out an hour before the game. It’s no big deal for them, shouldn’t be for the NBA either. Reminded of an old SNL skit: “We don’t give a fuk. We don’t have to. We’re the phone company.”
    ~

• gaelicgirl

@Sleazygreazy said...

“I’m done with the NBA because it has become far too politicized” – 99% of people no longer buying tix, merch, corporate suites or watching on TV

The NBA has bigger problems than load management.

Sadly, I believe this to be true.

• frugal

@emnj69 said...

the DFS and in more particular the gambling industry (expansion of online betting) is becoming huge to the NBA-the NBA themselves knows this and this is why some have formed partnerships with these companies. The NBA product is bad right now that is something most will agree on between load management and teams building super teams. If players need to be protected shorten the season and put a quality product on the court. I can assure you as it is attendance will be down when fans are fully allowed back in to watch games and the majority of fans will not buy season tickets under the current load management strategy and superteam strategy. . They will at best buy tickets to individual games.

As far as players resting-there is ZERO reason not to have transparency with the injury reports. This is such an easy fix. All the commish has to do is say-you must announce players that are out an hour before the game.

I’m not going to downplay the general impact gambling of all forms has on pro sports, but the NBA product being bad is such a gross generalization with absolutely zero data to back it up. Multiple DFS sites fill large entry NBA tourneys every night at a multitude of entry fees, legal online sports books are starting to become more prevalent with states loosening restrictions. The NBA’s salary cap is constantly increasing which is directly tied to league revenue. The NBA is doing just fine.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@Wsdm61987 said...

My issue is that PG didn’t show up on the injury report until a half-hour before game lock. I don’t care so much that he was out. The whole day rolled by with no indication of injury, but I’ve come to realize that the Clippers are notorious for this. It’s gamesmanship to get whatever slight advantage the coach believes they’ll get. From a DFS standpoint it sucks, but at the end of the day you play DFS you gotta be weary of tiny details like that and do better. This is comin’ from someone who had PG in a single late slate lineup. Not the first time this has happened in regard to the Clippers, probably not the last. Just do better, that’s my take.

Who are you saying needs to do better? The DFS players or the NBA and injury reporting?

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

I never see anything about politics when I watch NBA games

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

I’m not going to downplay the general impact gambling of all forms has on pro sports, but the NBA product being bad is such a gross generalization with absolutely zero data to back it up. Multiple DFS sites fill large entry NBA tourneys every night at a multitude of entry fees, legal online sports books are starting to become more prevalent with states loosening restrictions. The NBA’s salary cap is constantly increasing which is directly tied to league revenue. The NBA is doing just fine.

Correct. We have specific gripes as gamblers (especially with how specific DFS is), but even casual sports betters – who are the target demo (not sharks) probably don’t care about injury updating protocol.

Similarly, numbers just don’t lie. As much as we all know the guys in the 80’s would knock lebron james out, go up and under on AD, and break Kevin Durant kneecaps because he’s soft… the NBA is a better product every year. These last couple have been atrocious for all sports because of covid – it’s not just an NBA problem.

• captainwacky

@theIrrigator said...

I never see anything about politics when I watch NBA games

That’s because you’re not digging for garbage narratives.

• dominicanpapi

I think the injury designations in the NBA could use improvements. Like in football, you know if a guy is out for the week on Friday, but an hour and a half before tipoff, the coach doesn’t know if his guy is playing or not? After 2 injury reports and presumably a morning shootaround? It’s just strange, no one should be glued to their computers or phones until 10 PM just to make sure there isn’t someone ruled out at the last minute.

It’s either that, or FD/DK needs to start their slates at 5 past the hour. None of these games start on time, especially the national TV games that sometimes start at 15 past the hour.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).