7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( -5.5 ) at New York ( 5.5 ) —- T: 200
    7:00 PM EST : Boston ( 7.5 ) at Cleveland ( -7.5 ) —- T: 210
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 2.5 ) at Washington ( -2.5 ) —- T: 208
    7:00 PM EST : Utah ( 1.5 ) at New Orleans ( -1.5 ) —- T: 198
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( 4.5 ) at Minnesota ( -4.5 ) —- T: 213.5
    8:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 13 ) at San Antonio ( -13 ) —- T: 208
    8:30 PM EST : Houston ( -1.5 ) at Chicago ( 1.5 ) —- T: 215
    10:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 5 ) at LA Clippers ( -5 ) —- T: 201.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Bellest

Beard and Howard should easily combine for ~100 FD pts, that’s the game I’ll be stacking tonight.

• clrockny24

highest score in the quarter arcade was 395. Sick score. I had 331

• DirkDigglerz

PG13 VS Washington 40 point game guaranteed

• jellish

Dieng and KAT going to feast against BKN

• wolverinezack

Butler returns for Chicago…bet he will be on Beard….not sure spending up for Beard is wise. At the same time, is it worth taking a flyer on Butler? Probably more of a GPP only play, right?

• Ericpaul

@clrockny24 said...

Yeah, ChipotleAddict smoked the field in that and the $1 And One last night.

• 01gatorfan

I know I’m new to this, but how much research would I have had to do to find RICHARD HOLMES (Phi.) $3k put up 30.50 fpts. Only 1.9% owned. Any suggestions PLEASE!!!!

• mataug21

@01gatorfan said...

I know I’m new to this, but how much research would I have had to do to find RICHARD HOLMES (Phi.) $3k put up 30.50 fpts. Only 1.9% owned. Any suggestions PLEASE!!!!

PHI had a lot of players out last night, he was bound to get some run. Couldn’t predict Landry getting into foul trouble, but Brand wasn’t going to get big minutes. That basically left Grant and Holmes as the “big men”. I had him in a lineup but took him out, couldn’t pull the trigger.

• natedenver34

@clrockny24 said...

Scored 330 with Aaron Gordon, could’ve been so much better.

• 01gatorfan

Thanks! Any suggestions for finding a low cost low owned player like that for tonight. I think I keep looking at all the wrong places and reading all the wrong articles!!!!

• Mrm2010

@wolverinezack said...

Butler returns for Chicago…bet he will be on Beard….not sure spending up for Beard is wise. At the same time, is it worth taking a flyer on Butler? Probably more of a GPP only play, right?

Check the game log for the last 10 games and see if he is worth the extra $. If Butler is not on a minute restriction I would be surprised and impressed if he could play more than 20-25 minutes. Don’t think he is in game shape yet.

• larin1477

• Blogger of the Month

@01gatorfan said...

Thanks! Any suggestions for finding a low cost low owned player like that for tonight. I think I keep looking at all the wrong places and reading all the wrong articles!!!!

One thing I will say is it takes time…this is my second NBA season. Last season I was turrible (In a Sir Charles voice). But I kept at it (I am a low stakes player) and kept reading anything Notorious writes. This season I rarely look at what others pick and I am by no means breaking the bank but am more than a break even player. (NBA is what I consider my 4th best sport after MLB, PGA, NHL.) Keep at it, keep reading, and keep learning.

• MrFantasy

@01gatorfan said...

That’s your problem. Those names aren’t in the articles.

• 01gatorfan

I understand thats my problem. Other people offered some solutions. Do you just point out people’s problems because you are that much better, or that is what u enjoy doing.

• MrFantasy

@01gatorfan said...

I understand thats my problem. Other people offered some solutions. Do you just point out people’s problems because you are that much better, or that is what u enjoy doing.

I was simply stating that the low owned players are going to be names that are outside the box. I had no Holmes in my lineups either so you and I had the same exposure to him last night.

• GGee87

@01gatorfan said...

If you’re looking for diamonds in the rough like that you have to be on every injury update from RG and make changes accordingly. Save a couple of your entries for late breaking news and then fill it out. I’d start out by picking your value (cheap) guys and move up to the higher priced must plays. In GPPS you have to have a nice balance of chalk and risky risky picks like Richaun Holmes

• Tsrobertson

Mack and CP3 for me. Going to roll the dice with butler, and balanced the rest of the way.

• Bellest

@01gatorfan said...

I would bet my bankroll no one was on R. Holmes before the injury news came out.
    You need to be on your computer or device about an hour before tip off, not only to verify your guys are playing, but to take advantage of bench players moving into starting positions.

• BUFUu2

Could be highly wrong here but starting sessions tonight as my sleeper pick, I say wall don’t play much say his ankle is f up today.

• TommyWantWingy33

I would also bet a large amount if not all the people who played Holmes, entered 25+ line ups. I hit 357 (FD) without Holmes. Not like you always need this type of play to be successful.

• feekdogg

@jellish said...

Dieng and KAT going to feast against BKN

I wouldn’t bank on it. Imbecile Sam Mitchell will probably play Rudez and Greg Smith for 40 minutes.

• Bellest

@TommyWantWingy33 said...

I would also bet a large amount if not all the people who played Holmes, entered 25+ line ups. I hit 357 (FD) without Holmes. Not like you always need this type of play to be successful.

100% agree. I was just trying to emphasize the importance being able to make adjustments about an hour before lock.

• TheRealJosh5

@01gatorfan said...

half the Sixers was out last night he was bound to get the minutes because Landry & Elton Brand are the only 2 other big men on the roster.

• natedenver34

@01gatorfan said...

You may not have liked it but Mr. Fantasy was offering more insight than you think. A major inefficiency in your process is taking other people’s advice on who to play. I would start your process by reading noto’s first look article daily to find your own targets then adjust based on injury news before lock. Also don’t over react to the “noise”, I sometimes make a bad switch based on somebody else’s persuasive argument on a player when I should have trusted my own research.

• TommyWantWingy33

@Bellest said...

100% agree. I was just trying to emphasize the importance being able to make adjustments about an hour before lock.

Yeah I agree. Only thing to watch out for is over tinkering because of injury news too. Sometimes there are more traps than gems that open up from injury news.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler