• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 7.5 ) at Indiana ( -7.5 ) —- T: 218.5
    7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 5 ) at Philadelphia ( -5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at Toronto ( -3.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Memphis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Boston ( 0 ) at Golden St ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• EhhTimmay

And now Jordan Bell is going to be the reason I don’t cash any showdowns.

Fantastic.

• Wrx_guy

Sneaky Hayward won me some money. I was expecting a warriors rout hehe thanks buddy

• jcotdl

sorry- meant to highlight your AD-Boogie stuff

• chronoxiong

Lame night. I’m so mad. I really hate losing on my days off. I did horrible tonight. :(

• draggin49

Warriors are straight up getting Bill Cosby’d !

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@jcotdl said...

Lumping these two together seems difficult. I was defending Boogie, who I don’t love, but AD is not the same player.. he plays defense and wins, for starters…

Oh right, I was just saying I devalue them, not necessarily the are equal ability. I think AD is far better than Cousins. But I guess many think AD is top 3 – I only have him top 10. Many think Cousins is top 20 before his injury – I had him only like top 40. I mean if you think AD is top 3 or Cousins is top 20, I totally respect that opinion. I personally just undervalue them possibly more than anyone I know. Pretty much no one I know thinks AD isn’t top 5 except me, so I’m definitely in the self-admitted minority.

Now, I think everyone is starting to agree Andrew Wiggins is not even top 100…but that’s a different thing.

• ScofieldReturns

i thought the best strategy tonight was to pay up for both SF spots, since kawhi/durant were both in great situations and SF was really bad. but somehow they both get blown out at home and bojan/hayward go off?! so gross lol

• eatmyturf23

@draggin49 said...

Warriors are straight up getting Bill Cosby’d !

I got Dray’d lol.

I just needed 7.5 points in the 2nd half for $2000. How hard was that, really, when you got 23.5 in the first half? Unbelievable DFS choke for me.

The guy in first must be laughing hysterically right now at his fortune.

• mtdurham

@Pandamonious said...

The game will probably hit 220, like a 120-100 final.

128-95, not a bad call!

• BerkeleyBoss

@superstars92 said...

The best thread on Real GM is this.

I keep it as a reminder to not overreact:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1070337

The posts in the middle to end of the first page, a few in the 2nd are the best.

Gold! Still crazy to think they drafted KD, Westbrook and Harden in consecutive drafts.

• jcotdl

@superstars92 said...

Oh right, I was just saying I devalue them

Got it. I kinda agree on Cousins but think he is a great strategic piece for Dubs in playoffs, and acknowledge I am a AD fanboy. As for Wiggins, I would love to try to put him at 101, but admit it would be tough. Shnitzengiggles- I would take Robin Lopez over Boogie right now LOLOL

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Unico10 said...

Can’t predict lineups…. play some GSWs… 😬

Blowouts…. can’t predict blowouts

Oh well… brutal night all around

• mtdurham

@superstars92 said...

The best thread on Real GM is this.

I keep it as a reminder to not overreact:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1070337

The posts in the middle to end of the first page, a few in the 2nd are the best.

man that’s good lol….. its too bad the search function is trash on that site…

i had a lot of great usernames over the years… i think my favorite was KyrieEarthing where i pretended to be a celtics fan and just trolled away masterfully. I used to be an idiot.

also i was HoopsMalone….if anyone ever used to post over there

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@jcotdl said...

Got it. I kinda agree on Cousins but think he is a great strategic piece for Dubs in playoffs, and acknowledge I am a AD fanboy. As for Wiggins, I would love to try to put him at 101, but admit it would be tough. Shnitzengiggles- I would take Robin Lopez over Boogie right now LOLOL

Oh yea that would be a fun series vs. 76ers (I agree with your post earlier about Embiid). You think 76ers come out of the East? The East is pretty wide open IMO, so I wouldn’t disagree if you said any of the big 4.

But no one says the Pacers…now that would be special if they somehow made it out. Their best player right now literally is a guy people think play for the Kings at times.

• jcotdl

@superstars92 said...

But no one says the Pacers…now that would be special if they somehow made it out. Their best player right now literally is a guy people think play for the Kings at times.

I literally have alphabet wallpaper on my computer- don’t see how they don’t come out of the East. Embiid’s health continues to concern me.

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

Ok look at the prices, can’t really post during the day, but here are my initial thoughts.

Len will be chalky if Collins/Spellman are out. Price still low, and this time, he’s got a more traditional matchup.

You can run it back that game with the Spurs (I think White might be kinda chalky, but LMA/DDR are fine).

Bullock/Ingram/Hart could be popular with Kuzma out. Hart really benefits, Bullock maybe. Rondo’s price isn’t high enough for him not to be chalk again. There will be talk about McGee starting. Honestly, from a basketball standpoint, that’s a terrible move vs. Jokic, but I guess if McGee sees 25 mins, he could score 25 FPs. I hope Luke Walton is smart and plays Hart more though, not McGee.

Celtics/Kings an interesting fast paced game people might not be so interested in. But could be like 120-115 type of game. Maybe some are still on Bodgy, but he doesn’t have that great upside on average except that OT game. Solid floor though but not a GPP type of pick usually.

I assume AD will play – makes all the Pelicans more contrarian picks. Randle had huge game vs. Jazz last game, but it’s still the Jazz. Jazz might score 120 vs. Pelicans, but they spread it out too much…too hard to predict.

Suns could score 120 vs. the Knicks if they play efficiently. Booker won’t be chalky, but has like 60 FP upside (but he’s also not been as good with Oubre).

Powell is like 5.9k now, probably highest of his career. Doncic has a bounce back spot, but not sure on his health. Beal at 9.8k is also probably highest of his career. Depends on if you believe in hot hand or mean reversion.

And Jeff Teague might actually be like 20% owned. I wonder what Panda will say about Teague. He seems to be in an interesting spot tomorrow but he’s also Jeff Teague who can score 15 FPs and injure himself. Drummond vs. KAT too. Interesting matchup there. Len might be chalky again at C as mentioned (assuming all the others are injured), so I wonder how many will not choose that route and choose like Drummond.

Oh and of course, Nicholas Batum is still kinda cheap for 40 mins a night. Same with Lamb if he sees 30+ mins and same usage, but Batum is way safer.

Ok I’m sure there are more things to cover, just random thoughts most of which aren’t supported by stats I looked up. I’ll see you guys like at night tomorrow.

• RandysCrow

@eatmyturf23 said...

I just needed 7.5 points in the 2nd half for $2000. How hard was that, really, when you got 23.5 in the first half? Unbelievable DFS choke for me.

The guy in first must be laughing hysterically right now at his fortune.

That was a double kick

• jcotdl

@jcotdl said...

But no one says the Pacers

Pacers have a strong squad but unlikely to sign anyone major in the near future- feels like their near-future is playoffs, 2nd round-dom at this point. Not sure of their cap flexibility- but their depth would be bolstered if a stud were to come to town. I guess, if I were a Pacers fan, I would root for this nucleus to continue to flourish in hopes of trading pieces and parts for a star

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

@superstars92 said...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAC/2016.html for example.

They had Rajon Rondo, Darren Collison and Rudy Gay. I think IND is doing fine with Collison as a #2/3 option. SA is doing fine with Gay as a #3/4 option. Rondo is still ok and he was even better back then when he was younger. If Cousins was truly elite, he can’t take the Kings to the playoffs with those 3? Even if his teammates are complete garbage, at least make the playoffs and win more than 35 games?

If I asked someone would a core of Demarcus Cousins, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Gay, and Darren Collison win more games or a core of De’Aaron Fox, Buddy Hield, Bodgan Boganovic, and WCS win more games at the beginning of the 2016 vs. 2018 season, I think most go with the first 4 right?

I dont think lebron could have even gotten that 2016 kings team to the playoffs in the west

This is not a playoff team no matter how elite you are

Starters: DeMarcus Cousins, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore, Quincy Acy

Reserves: Darren Collison, Marco Belinelli, Omri Casspi, Kosta Koufos, Willie Cauley-Stein, Caron Butler, James Anderson, Seth Curry

• superstars92

RG Overall Ranking

@theIrrigator said...

I dont think lebron could have even gotten that 2016 kings team to the playoffs in the west

This is not a playoff team no matter how elite you are

Starters: DeMarcus Cousins, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore, Quincy Acy

Reserves: Darren Collison, Marco Belinelli, Omri Casspi, Kosta Koufos, Willie Cauley-Stein, Caron Butler, James Anderson, Seth Curry

Again, self-admitted Cousins hater here, so I am a bit biased and just more debating in fun, and I totally respect your opinion, but I don’t think that roster is that bad. Collison was really the starter over McLemore though (they just brought him off bench, but he played 30 mins a game where McLemore barely broke 20 – like Lou Williams role). Casspi/Bellini also provided good spacing, even if they are challenged 1 on 1 and on defense.

Anyways, the reason I say that it’s not too bad is, take a look at this team’s roster from the same year (also Western Conference). They finished 5th, so safely in the playoffs and well ahead of the Kings:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/2016.html

It’s not that much better on paper right (we are making the assumption Cousins is an elite player and is like equal to Lillard + Aminu + Ed Davis)? Also keep in mind Lillard/McCollum were worse in 2015-16 than today (since they were younger) and Cousins was better then than he is now (due to injury). Cousins would have been the best player on both teams at that time. I guess it comes down to how good do you think Rondo/Collison/Gay truly are.

But like I said, just a fun debate. I always didn’t like Cousins, so I just like it if it causes GS not to win a championship. Just a personal opinion, if you like Cousins, I am totally cool with that too.

• mbunner23

Figured if Boston were to win Al Horford would have a huge game. Wrong again

• TheRyanFlaherty

Grrr…literally played Tobias in every lineup on two sites, except in DraftKings tiers, for whatever reason I played Paul in that spot.
    Wound up the difference between winning $5 instead of $50…unreal.

• ASitar

DK Utility: Kemba or Tobias?

• zpa1989

wrong thread

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.