7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 5.5 ) at Washington ( -5.5 ) —- T: 231
    7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 9 ) at Brooklyn ( -9 ) —- T: 225
    7:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Atlanta ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -5.5 ) at Chicago ( 5.5 ) —- T: 225.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -4.5 ) at New Orleans ( 4.5 ) —- T: 231
    9:00 PM EST : New York ( 3.5 ) at Phoenix ( -3.5 ) —- T: 224
    10:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1 ) at Sacramento ( -1 ) —- T: 229
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at LA Lakers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Benf15harp

Too much white talk. O shares for me

• frugal

@mbunner23 said...

I don’t agree with this. You’re making it harder on yourself. I’m not even talking about White in general, just any player in a good spot. You don’t fade them just because of ownership, you have 7 other spots on DK to differ.

He’s making a pure game theory play, basing his decision solely on the decisions of others. I agree with you entirely especially since I can’t count the number of times a player is touted here as chalk and it isn’t the case once the games are live.

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

Also agree— or even I think learn to recognize when the right time to worry about it is, and it’s not that often.

It’s normally not in NBA…usually it’s Baseball when mike trout is facing a gas can in a hitters park and is like 50% owned. He can line out twice and then get whiffed by the bullpen. In nfl as well, especially if you play the mily maker.

Although I do see the merit in nba to look for some less popular plays with big upside. Yet fading popular plays I think are strong plays is something I don’t do. Yet I will fade popular plays I think aren’t strong.

• BerkeleyBoss

How likely are we to get Ingram news before lock?

• jess701

@Benf15harp said...

Dont be racist!!!

• jcotdl

@hpatel1089 said...

How does anyone feel about Kaminsky as a cheap cash pay on FD with Bolden now available?

i have way too much Kaminsky

• Benf15harp

@jess701 said...

Dont be racist!!!

LOL

• Njsum1

@Benf15harp said...

You may not care but…..

😎

• moosedrool

@hpatel1089 said...

How does anyone feel about Kaminsky as a cheap cash pay on FD with Bolden now available?

I have a little of Frank tonight. If he gets his 25 minutes or so, I’d think he could go for 30.

• jess701

I just might stay with collins!

• Smallchimp

Can someone justify the LeBron play (in tiers)? It seems like he’s been playing a lot more at PF and C with the confirmed out players and when the questionables are out, he shifts to PF even more so. PF is the easier matchup in a DvP sense, but C is well below average. It seems like with the inactives out, there’s no one to get the boards and their DREB% plummets, making me think that Jokic is the better play. James did better than Jokic in the last match-up, but it’s a different situation. Anyone make sense of this situation?

• jess701

@moosedrool said...

I have a little of Frank tonight. If he gets his 25 minutes or so, I’d think he could go for 30.

I threw him in a .25 FD lineup lol!

• Benf15harp

@Benf15harp said...

D Whyte chalk? Why! He’s on da rode again! Going places dat he’s never been??

That fact that no one thought this was hilarious yet informative is very upsetting 😢
    GL tonight ALL
    Benny Been Bin out
    Lmao

• frugal

@Smallchimp said...

Can someone justify the LeBron play (in tiers)? It seems like he’s been playing a lot more at PF and C with the confirmed out players and when the questionables are out, he shifts to PF even more so. PF is the easier matchup in a DvP sense, but C is well below average. It seems like with the inactives out, there’s no one to get the boards and their DREB% plummets, making me think that Jokic is the better play. James did better than Jokic in the last match-up, but it’s a different situation. Anyone make sense of this situation?

Nuggets going to eat.

• jess701

GL Ben!

• casper

@Smallchimp said...

LBJ passing Nat. TV

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #83

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Another thing with White. Just to throw in there as far as ownership goes. We’re not talking about a highly volatile player or situation at immense ownership. This is not 60% owned Trey Burke like that one night or whatever he was. I assume most remember what I’m referencing. The one merit to fading White would arguably be the gap between his home average and road average regarding DK points, but I was curious in looking for fade excuses and looked into it and the answer was pretty simple.

He played a large chunk of games on the road early in the season where he only played minutes in the teens or less and scored fantasy points in the single digits completely throwing it off. He does have other more recent duds on the road, but also has several 30+ performances too.

• frugal

So crazy. Yesterday we were all talking about how the Celtics were playing without passion and GSW would likely blow them out. Well…GSW is 2-3 in the last 5 and now they are the team the media thinks is in trouble.

https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-kevin-durant-tilt-toward-turmoil-in-aftermath-of-rout-by-celtics-141803333.html

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

I hope we can mention him enough in here that we get some voter fatigue going on among the confirmed 3.5 percent of overall tournament players that this forum comprises and everyone but me fades him :)

• Petergunz82

@captainwacky said...

On DK I’ve been toying around a lot with Powell/Portis lineups or Powell/Bryant even. As bad as Washington has been vs Center, Dallas has been rolling over as well vs centers since DJ left.

This does seem like a T Bry type game. He’s too athletic for the Mavs

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

@frugal said...

So crazy. Yesterday we were all talking about how the Celtics were playing without passion and GSW would likely blow them out. Well…GSW is 2-3 in the last 5 and now they are the team the media thinks is in trouble.

https://sports.yahoo.com/warriors-kevin-durant-tilt-toward-turmoil-in-aftermath-of-rout-by-celtics-141803333.html

I mean, the media has to come up with some different long-term season stories other than “Golden State destined to crush, what’s the point of this anyway?”

• wafic

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

My point is if I am playing just one tournament LU I will not play White. If I was playing 150 I’d have a LOT of White. He will be higher owned amongst the sharp players. Hes a good play. I don’t have the volume tonight to beat the best players who are playing 30 to 50 shares of him. I need to hope a Forbes/Mills/Beli beats him and I gain an advantage.

i understand the point you’re making but I think White is a poor example. You are talking about him as if he was going to be 50+% owned.

• jcotdl

@captainwacky said...

I hope we can mention him enough in here that we get some voter fatigue going on among the confirmed 3.5 percent of overall tournament players that this forum comprises and everyone but me fades him :)

3.5- it’s science.

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

I mean, the media has to come up with some different long-term season stories other than “Golden State destined to crush, what’s the point of this anyway?”

Wow, actually they’re .500 last 10 games. Didn’t realize. I know everything will be fine come playoffs but that is a bit odd.

• frugal

Having a super hard time deciding between Jordan, Powell, and Lopez…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler