NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 7 ) at Okla City ( -7 ) —- T: 223.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 10 ) at Dallas ( -10 ) —- T: 204
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( -4 ) at Phoenix ( 4 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• frugal

@dgballer said...

Have him in every Yahoo LU.

He will be extremely highly owned tonight as he should be. He’s been in almost 100% of my lineups every night he plays for the last week.

• California_Cool

@Pandamonious said...

Been touting the two together all day.

If you’re paying down at SF, i would go with Bogs. Has a secured role now off the bench and has at least high upside over Roberson who is a struggleseach night to get 20 fd pts

• XxHeisenbergxX

@California_Cool said...

I like Kanter, but he’s not a lock for 30 fd pts like last game.The box score doesnt tell you that Steven Adams got in foul trouble early in that game, which had a positive effect on Kanter, Taj, and RWB. Adams is prob my fav GPP C for tonight, should be the lowest owned, aside from Gortat. That being said, will have Nurk, Kanter, and Sauce exposure

CC my thinking with Kanter is Portland’s bench in my opinion is crap and that is usually when he does the most damage avoiding the starters. That being said his minutes have been trending down 27/22/18 past 3 games. But has had 33 DK pts 2 out of those 3 games.

• tonytone1908

So who do we have to worry about possibly getting rested? I just know there’s going to be some wrenches thrown in here later on. Luckily all the games start within 90 minutes of each other so we should have most news. Someone mentioned WAS playing a 4 in 5? I know they’re on a tough road trip. If you rest anyone it’s against PHO.

• draped

@California_Cool said...

If you’re paying down at SF, i would go with Bogs. Has a secured role now off the bench and has at least high upside over Roberson who is a struggleseach night to get 20 fd pts

has he secured his spot off the bench? or did he just get more run bc he had a hot hand (8/10 from three and 6/7 from three)? this is an actual question idk the answer

EDIT: also on DK where he is 4.9k

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@draped said...

ya that’s what it comes down to for me too (although im the opposite outcome bc i don’t want to have him). are you comfortable with the other guys in your lineup with RWB? if the answer is yes then do it bc he is a great play today. if not then don’t bc the chances he hits a total that is insurmountable for non-RWB lineups is not likely.

As much as it is possible that RWB single handedly wins you money today by putting up 90 FP, the most likely outcome of today is he does fine (not bad or great) and the rest of your lineup will win/lose you the money. its not so much about do i play RWB or not, its about do I play the guys I can fit with RWB or do I play the guys I can fit without RWB?

Exactly. And for the record I will make multiple line ups tonight. Not all of them will have RWB, but if I make 20, he’ll probably be in 10. Maybe 12.. Either way, he will be my highest owned PG.

• frugal

@draped said...

ya that’s what it comes down to for me too (although im the opposite outcome bc i don’t want to have him). are you comfortable with the other guys in your lineup with RWB? if the answer is yes then do it bc he is a great play today. if not then don’t bc the chances he hits a total that is insurmountable for non-RWB lineups is not likely.

As much as it is possible that RWB single handedly wins you money today by putting up 90 FP, the most likely outcome of today is he does fine based on his salary (on DK) (not bad or great) and the rest of your lineup will win/lose you the money. its not so much about do i play RWB or not, its about do I play the guys I can fit with RWB or do I play the guys I can fit without RWB?

+1. On Yahoo where there’s some great value available tonight, I’ve got 70% exposure to him. On DK, where I’m only running 2 lineups and value is more scarce, I’ve faded him completely.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@California_Cool said...

Link

Quo

On DK Roberson is 1,2000 cheaper. Big difference. Especially if you’re playing RWB. Roberson gets all kinds of stats. If Bogs shot isn’t falling you’re screwed.

• California_Cool

@tonytone1908 said...

Probably splitting the 2 myself with a couple Mozgov thrown in.

Don’t play Mozgov, the upside is so low, and He’s a huge foul risk every night, and also DAL plays alot of Dirk at the 5, so there’s no need for him in. If Dirk is out, and Noel is in, maybe..but even then. Luke Walton has been so wishy washy with his bigs, he could play Black/Trob or more than likely go small with Randle at the 5

• dgballer

@frugal said...

He will be extremely highly owned tonight as he should be. He’s been in almost 100% of my lineups every night he plays for the last week.

I know we’ve been in alot of the same $1and $2 no veteran GPPs on Yahoo the last few days.

• KindGuy

@jtkucheck said...

Anybody think Adams is due for a big game? OKC got ABUSED by Nurkic last time out, and I see them focusing more on stopping him which means more Adams, less Kanter, and probably also more Lillard.

Gonna rock Lillard/Adams as my unconventional correlation stack, while fading Westbrook AND Wall.

How do those two correlate with each other?

• California_Cool

@Pandamonious said...

On DK Roberson is 1,2000 cheaper. Big difference. Especially if you’re playing RWB. Roberson gets all kinds of stats. If Bogs shot isn’t falling you’re screwed.

True, but Roberson needs alot of things to go right to rack up those peripherals. POR wings are no slouch, and I think Roberson is going to spend most of his time on D limiting CJ and Dame, so don’t see the offensive production coming from him. Its a lock that when Bogs is on the floor with the second unit, he’s gonna shoot. Also, they’ve been using him in the starting lu. In a uptempo game with zero defense played by PHX, I like his opportunities. more.

• draped

@frugal said...

+1. On Yahoo where there’s some great value available tonight, I’ve got 70% exposure to him. On DK, where I’m only running 2 lineups and value is more scarce, I’ve faded him completely.

im the same as you. ive got one yahoo lineup and it has RWB currently, and ive got 1 DK lineup and it doesn’t right now.

• frugal

@tonytone1908 said...

So who do we have to worry about possibly getting rested? I just know there’s going to be some wrenches thrown in here later on. Luckily all the games start within 90 minutes of each other so we should have most news. Someone mentioned WAS playing a 4 in 5? I know they’re on a tough road trip. If you rest anyone it’s against PHO.

With the Wiz within reach of the 2 seed, I don’t see them sitting out players unless they’re injured at this point.

• gaelicgirl

@tonytone1908 said...

If you rest anyone it’s against PHO.

That game has the smallest spread, maybe it will stay competitive?

• draggin49

I wish Noel was gettin the start , but seems like they will put dirk at the 5 .

• California_Cool

@elementasrat said...

How do those two correlate with each other?

I think you should make a Adams lu separate from guys like TAJ/Kanter, who I like, but not on the same lu.

• California_Cool

@gaelicgirl said...

That game has the smallest spread, maybe it will stay competitive?

I think this game will be, at the very least halfway through the 4th. Its my fav actually, stacking it in single entries.

• frugal

@draggin49 said...

I wish Noel was gettin the start , but seems like they will put dirk at the 5 .

+1. I would love for them to move Yogi to the bench and start Curry at PG or bring Matthews off the bench as a 6th man.

• whitemamba86

beal otto chriss or curry warren markieff?

• chronoxiong

Kanter’s minutes are trending down but he still does good in those limited minutes. Meanwhile Aminu is playing safe 30+ mins and is cheaper and hits value. Hmmm…

• djones6273

I’m just going 100% Westbrook and taking the nearly guaranteed points. I’m also completely fading Tyler Ulis. He’s been great lately, and has been a nice story for the Suns, but his two recent big games were against Kemba & IT2 defense. Those are two of the only guards that are Ulis’ size in the entire NBA. Outside of when Brandon Jennings is on the floor, I’m not exactly sure who Ulis will be able to guard to stay on the floor, because both Wall and Beal are too big and strong for Ulis to handle.

• KindGuy

@djones6273 said...

Those are two of the only guards that are Ulis’ size in the entire NBA.

Lowry, Lawson, Collison, are all smaller.

• tonytone1908

@California_Cool said...

Don’t play Mozgov, the upside is so low, and He’s a huge foul risk every night, and also DAL plays alot of Dirk at the 5, so there’s no need for him in. If Dirk is out, and Noel is in, maybe..but even then. Luke Walton has been so wishy washy with his bigs, he could play Black/Trob or more than likely go small with Randle at the 5

That’s the best part though. Nobody will be on him. Not really any other good pivots on the cheap at C. Might only play 15 minutes but that’s about Black’s max lately as well. No reason he can’t score 24+ FD points in limited minutes. Stack up everywhere else. No Nance, No Zubac, probably won’t have to deal with Dirk and TRob hasn’t even been in the rotation. Nurkic and Williams are the only two real, viable options. I wouldn’t consider him if it wasn’t such a short slate but if the two top dogs prices are pretty much maxed out so there’s not a ton of upside and anything less than stellar play is going to put you behind.

Honestly I hate all the higher salary guys but on 3 game slates even at 5x or less some of them will be in the winning lineup. There really is nowhere else to be contrarian either.

• hcassidy

I am going off the rails tonight, no RWB, no Wall or Beal. If it flops it flops. Just a gut call and haven’t touched my lineup in 5 hours.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.