NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 7 ) at Okla City ( -7 ) —- T: 223.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 10 ) at Dallas ( -10 ) —- T: 204
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( -4 ) at Phoenix ( 4 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• billholler

The Wizards schedule and being the late game scares me. Five road games in seven days. Eastern Conference is kind of tight in the middle so don’t think they can afford to rest anyone but if they did, it would be tonight. If they don’t, full fade on the whole team tomorrow in Denver.

• jimmyd1507

@draped said...

has he secured his spot off the bench? or did he just get more run bc he had a hot hand (8/10 from three and 6/7 from three)? this is an actual question idk the answer

EDIT: also on DK where he is 4.9k

Yes, he’ll get 24-26 mins, especially if it’s a blowout and Wall/Beal sits.

He’s averaged right at 1fpt/min since joining the Wiz, so it wouldn’t be unheard of for him to get 20-25 points unless hes shooting lights out, which means he should break into the 30s.

• KindGuy

If the Wizards are smart, they’ll make quick work of the Suns tonight and rest their starters for the 4th quarter tonight.

• djones6273

@elementasrat said...

Lowry, Lawson, Collison, are all smaller.

Ulis is only 5’9, I’m pretty sure that Lowry and Collison are each about 3-4 inches taller. Lawson is close though. Either way, the point is that I don’t think Ulis will be big enough to guard Wall or Beal to stay on the court for the 33 minutes he saw last game. I still think he’ll get around 20 minutes though.

• BUFUu2

@elementasrat said...

If the Wizards are smart, they’ll make quick work of the Suns tonight and rest their starters for the 4th quarter tonight.

this is will be the game they see what bog has…. I will be playing him tonight for sure

• tonytone1908

@frugal said...

With the Wiz within reach of the 2 seed, I don’t see them sitting out players unless they’re injured at this point.

Even with 4 games in 5 nights on the west coast? I mean, I don’t see it either but the possibility is there. Don’t think it would be Wall but maybe Porter? Hate to say it but maybe even Markieff? I’ve seen many time a guy in a revenge game and a great spot and gets a random rest night, sometimes after lock. Being the late game too? Ugh. I just have a bad feeling. Mark my words, Bojan goes off because Markieff rests. Always gotta be something on these short slates to go massively wrong.

• tjgje

Any thoughts on who guards McCollum? From today’s Grindown. “ C.J. McCollum is a player that I tend to take an underweight approach on most nights and that will be the case again tonight. He will likely draw the defense of Andre Roberson, who has a DRPM of 2.14 this season. Maurice Harkless is coming off of a strong five-game stretch, averaging 35 minutes and 27 fantasy points per contest. He stands out as an elite value on FanDuel at a price of only $4,800.”

McCollum played well against OKC the other night, 18/6/4 p/r/a but I don’t know who was guarding him. Harkless had 10p and 9r. I’m playing yahoo and McCollum is $1 more than Beal. I’m trying to decide which one to weight more heavily in my LU’s. Curry is another $10 cheaper, so he’s in the mix too.

On the other hand, if it turns out that Roberson is guarding Harkless, then I don’t want to overweight Harkless.

• California_Cool

@tonytone1908 said...

That’s the best part though. Nobody will be on him. Not really any other good pivots on the cheap at C. Might only play 15 minutes but that’s about Black’s max lately as well. No reason he can’t score 24+ FD points in limited minutes. Stack up everywhere else. No Nance, No Zubac, probably won’t have to deal with Dirk and TRob hasn’t even been in the rotation. Nurkic and Williams are the only two real, viable options. I wouldn’t consider him if it wasn’t such a short slate but if the two top dogs prices are pretty much maxed out so there’s not a ton of upside and anything less than stellar play is going to put you behind.

Honestly I hate all the higher salary guys but on 3 game slates even at 5x or less some of them will be in the winning lineup. There really is nowhere else to be contrarian either.

I would rather play Mahimmi if Im digging that deep. He’s been the first big off the bench for WAS, and he’s been averaging 18-20 min, and is a better overall player imo. I salute your ballsyness

• mbunner23

@elementasrat said...

Lowry, Lawson, Collison, are all smaller.

Kyle Lowry is not smaller than Tyler Ulis.

• FoothillsFlash

@hcassidy said...

I am going off the rails tonight, no RWB, no Wall or Beal. If it flops it flops. Just a gut call and haven’t touched my lineup in 5 hours.

If you want to win a GPP on a 3 game slate, you HAVE to go off the rails. Period.

• KindGuy

@djones6273 said...

Ulis is only 5’9, I’m pretty sure that Lowry and Collison are each about 3-4 inches taller. Lawson is close though. Either way, the point is that I don’t think Ulis will be big enough to guard Wall or Beal to stay on the court for the 33 minutes he saw last game. I still think he’ll get around 20 minutes though.

I meant those dudes are all smaller than Kemba. Kemba isn’t really undersized. And Charlotte is pretty stingy against opposing point guards.

• KindGuy

@mbunner23 said...

Kyle Lowry is not smaller than Tyler Ulis.

Read above

• California_Cool

@FoothillsFlash said...

If you want to win a GPP on a 3 game slate, you HAVE to go off the rails. Period.

You have to play one RWB in lu, especially in a marquee matchup at home. Period. #HedgeLife

• BUFUu2

@FoothillsFlash said...

damn man so no beal either… The dude hit 50 last time and is priced at 7900……on a small slate that is crazy but have fun

• mbunner23

@elementasrat said...

Read above

Ok, gotcha. Lowry is bigger than most people think. 6’0, 204 pounds. He’s built like a bulldog.

• tonytone1908

@California_Cool said...

I would rather play Mahimmi if Im digging that deep. He’s been the first big off the bench for WAS, and he’s been averaging 18-20 min, and is a better overall player imo. I salute your ballsyness

I’m looking for upside, of which Ian has none. Hasn’t topped 19 points all year. Mozgov has 3 in his last 10 with 24+. Of course his floor is a lot lower but if I’m using either guy I’m not concerned about floor. I see pretty much no usage for him either since I’m expecting Bojan, Porter, and Kieff to do well.

Point being, it’s a great spot to differentiate, nobody will be on them, and hopefully you picked the right place to punt. Long as your top dogs elsewhere do well you just need to get lucky with the right combination and all the other studs seem to be in good spots. Slate like this you need to be a little crazy and while I plan on doing 20 LU’s and almost want to just plug him in to all of them he’ll probably only be in a few at the most.

• AtomicCity42

Just cant get a feel for tonight lol

• jimmyd1507

As an FYI, Dirk needs 20 points to get 30k.

Take that for what it’s worth. Something tells me if he’s within range tonight, he’ll go for it.

• KindGuy

@mbunner23 said...

Ok, gotcha. Lowry is bigger than most people think. 6’0, 204 pounds. He’s built like a bulldog.

There are some players who I think could make pretty solid running backs. Lowry, Bledsoe, Felton to name a few.

• hcassidy

@California_Cool said...

You have to play one RWB in lu, especially in a marquee matchup at home. Period. #HedgeLife

Nope, can’t do it. I hate small slates, and gut tells me no. Like I said if it flops, I lose a total of 7.00. But I have cashed fairly decent last night and a few nights before that, so it won’t cripple my Bankroll. But if intuition is correct, then I will be sitting fairly high up the board.

• dgballer

@AtomicCity42 said...

Just cant get a feel for tonight lol

Make a line up throw it in a GPP and call it a day. The sun will still rise tomorrow :)

• AtomicCity42

@dgballer said...

Make a line up throw it in a GPP and call it a day. The sun will still rise tomorrow :)

Oh im playing, wouldnt know what to with the free time if i wasnt checkimg draft kings lol

• California_Cool

@tonytone1908 said...

I’m looking for upside, of which Ian has none. Hasn’t topped 19 points all year. Mozgov has 3 in his last 10 with 24+. Of course his floor is a lot lower but if I’m using either guy I’m not concerned about floor. I see pretty much no usage for him either since I’m expecting Bojan, Porter, and Kieff to do well.

Point being, it’s a great spot to differentiate, nobody will be on them, and hopefully you picked the right place to punt. Long as your top dogs elsewhere do well you just need to get lucky with the right combination and all the other studs seem to be in good spots. Slate like this you need to be a little crazy and while I plan on doing 20 LU’s and almost want to just plug him in to all of them he’ll probably only be in a few at the most.

Ok, but still, no reason to get that cute. Legit, that Nurk, Alan Williams, even Adams could go off for 40+. You’re Mozz lu is dead in the water even if he does get 20. if im trying to differentiate at the min, i would look at a weak postion like SF, and go with a Dougie at the minimum, hell even FInney-Smith at the min vs the Lakers, in a very possible blowout scenario. Also, I think Porter and Markieff are overpriced on both sites, so good luck with that.

• billholler

Hate this time of day. Never ending updates about tomorrow. Thanks, that helps me so much.

• monarch

Wes Matthews won’t guard Russell will he? Young and Ingram are 6’8 so I don’t see Yogi on either one of them. I like Russell getting 20 shots off over Yogi and Quinn Cook.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.