NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 7 ) at Okla City ( -7 ) —- T: 223.5
    8:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 10 ) at Dallas ( -10 ) —- T: 204
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( -4 ) at Phoenix ( 4 ) —- T: 225.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• joker99

I have the winning FD lineup. Sorry Guys

• monarch

Who is Matthews guarding tonight?

• tonytone1908

@California_Cool said...

Ok, but still, no reason to get that cute. Legit, that Nurk, Alan Williams, even Adams could go off for 40+. You’re Mozz lu is dead in the water even if he does get 20. if im trying to differentiate at the min, i would look at a weak postion like SF, and go with a Dougie at the minimum, hell even FInney-Smith at the min vs the Lakers, in a very possible blowout scenario

I just feel safer spending up at SF and Nurk and Williams could easily have sub par games at increased prices. As I said, Nurk and Williams will be in the majority I’m sure but it’s off the wall punts like that that are the only way to win.

If Moz gets 20 and Nurk gets 30 I can easily make up those 10 points with the extra 3k to spend.

For what it’s worth I’m a Bulls fan and never trust Dougie to get me more than 7 points lmao

• frugal

@monarch said...

Wes Matthews won’t guard Russell will he? Young and Ingram are 6’8 so I don’t see Yogi on either one of them. I like Russell getting 20 shots off over Yogi and Quinn Cook.

Yogi is an underrated defender. Yes, he lacks to size to block shots but he knows that. As such he’s extremely pesky with very active hands on defense and he focuses on disrupting a player’s flow and forcing passes rather than trying to block shots. All that said, If you expect this game to be within the spread, it’s likely going to be because of Russel and and Randle.

• California_Cool

@tonytone1908 said...

I just feel safer spending up at SF and Nurk and Williams could easily have sub par games at increased prices. As I said, Nurk and Williams will be in the majority I’m sure but it’s off the wall punts like that that are the only way to win.

If Moz gets 20 and Nurk gets 30 I can easily make up those 10 points with the extra 3k to spend.

For what it’s worth I’m a Bulls fan and never trust Dougie to get me more than 7 points lmao

I hate Dougie too, but he’s getting so many minutes and the position sucks today, I would rather spend the bare min and hope for 15 then pay 6k+ for guys like Porter/Barnes and end up 28 pts

• jtkucheck

@elementasrat said...

How do those two correlate with each other?

I’m saying that if OKC makes a concerted effort to stop the guy who destroyed them last week (Nurk), this means more Adams and less Kanter because Adams is good at defense and dunking, and Kanter plays Jahlil Okafor defense. So, thinking out loud, if Adams manages to harass Nurk, and Roberson can contain McCollum, that leaves you with Lillard having the best opportunity to succeed and Adams being out there for PnR dunks and boards.

Correlation in the sense that their relative opportunities make sense according to gameflow, not anything more scientific than that.

• monarch

@frugal said...

Yogi is an underrated defender. Yes, he lacks to size to block shots but he knows that. As such he’s extremely pesky with very active hands on defense and he focuses on making disrupting a player’s flow and forcing passes rather than trying to block shots. All that said, If you expect this game to be within the spread, it’s likely going to be because of Russel and and Randle.

FWIW, Russell had 22, 10 and 6 against him as a freshman at Ohio State

• hcassidy

@California_Cool said...

I hate Dougie too, but he’s getting so many minutes and the position sucks today, I would rather spend the bare min and hope for 15 then pay 6k+ for guys like Porter/Barnes and end up 28 pts

But McBuckets has been getting that run because Dip has been out. Dip was a full participant in shootaround this morning, so its a GTD if Donovan let’s him fire it up. If he does I see his minutes drop by at least 8-10.

• Agent47

@frugal said...

Almost?

Haha, I’m always a bit hesitant to call anyone a lock just because weird stuff can always happen. Like I was saying, I thought Rondo was a “free square” at $11 not too long ago and he promptly shat the bed in that first half. That being said, it wouldn’t surprise me if I go all-in on Williams on Yahoo tonight. Gotta have a short memory in DFS sometimes, right haha?

• mwgdfs

Dirk needs 20 points to reach 30,000 career points. Playing at home. Lock and load

• monarch

Is anyone factoring in Beal’s ankle roll two days ago?

• 7klub06

@whitemamba86 said...

yea i read all the pages then thought about it all before responding. if they wan to play him then let them.. he is always a great play but like u said the value is so bad today. ur hoping that these 5to3k people will all hit 6 to 7x is hard to do. now if rwb gets u his career games and gets u 80 dk points then maybe he will be in willing lineup but still.

Never understood the logic of paying that much for him. I agree with ya post. More logic to go balanced

• cookcoven

@firepimp said...

I hope a court is wet again tonight, the thread yesterday was hilarious and atrocious how people reacted to a game being canceled. Like I’ve always said I enjoy late swaps or called games because it adds sickening twist to this all in any sport. If you cannot “afford” to lose your entry fee’s on any given night then you should not be playing at all. I’ve been playing DFS since 2013/2014 and have had my share of huge ups and huge downs. It’s like dating that hot chick in college thats crazy, is the P&$2Y worth the price? If its not move on kids.

With that said with gortat screwing me twice now who likes Len at center tonight?

this take is utter crap, AND the only hot chick you saw in college was when you dated her “great personality” room mate

• 7klub06

The difference that 1 or 2 players can make when it comes to winning big vs winning small in a LU.

Lot of interesting posts today

• frugal

@monarch said...

FWIW, Russell had 22, 10 and 6 against him as a freshman at Ohio State

Sure, yet over the last 5 games the Mavs are still holding PGs to among the lowest FPs in the league. Folks will look to pace,
    but they’ve also generally been holding opposing PG’s to less than average FG% (outside Conley’s monster game).

• bbalaska

@mwgdfs said...

Dirk needs 20 points to reach 30,000 career points. Playing at home. Lock and load

I’m sure there is motivation for him and the team, but he concerningly has only hit 20 points five times this season… and three times were on the road. If he does hit it though, we can be pretty sure he’ll blow past value.

• frugal

@monarch said...

Didn’t he come back in and finish the game?

• Njsum1

@chronoxiong said...

Kanter’s minutes are trending down but he still does good in those limited minutes. Meanwhile Aminu is playing safe 30+ mins and is cheaper and hits value. Hmmm…

Look at aminus game logs, other than 1 stinker, he’s been super consistent for the price, even against better teams, I’m having a tough time not using him, considering what a steaming pile of hot garbage this slate is.

• monarch

@frugal said...

Didn’t he come back in and finish the game?

Yes and played very well. How’s that ankle 36 hours later after a cross country flight?

• tonytone1908

@monarch said...

Curious we haven’t heard anything. Would think there’d be some kind of update by now. Late scratch here we come.

• hcassidy

@tonytone1908 said...

Curious we haven’t heard anything. Would think there’d be some kind of update by now. Late scratch here we come.

So far the only scratches are for tomorrow.

• billholler

@mwgdfs said...

Page 2, 3, 6 and 10 thank you for your input.

• Njsum1

@tonytone1908 said...

I was all over Beal, until I heard about the ankle. He’ll probably still crush it, yet I don’t need my night ruined by limited minutes. If he’s full go he did put up 50dk points versus the Suns last time around. Yet I’m concerned as his price is the highest it’s been all year, so for that tag, I just have no idea what do with him. I’ll probably fade and he’ll go for 50.

• monarch

If he’s 90 percent in this crazy pace up game…imagine what a motivated Booker could do to him on the other end of the floor?

• draggin49

Hmmm wonder if yogi has any upside tonight . Hes only really had the one game over 40dk PTs but Lakers do tend to give up big games to PGs
    And he is getting right around 30mins …..hmmmm
    I like wall @PG just not sure who to put at the guard spot on DK.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.