NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 11 ) at Milwaukee ( -11 ) —- T: 220.5
    10:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 3.5 ) at Portland ( -3.5 ) —- T: 232

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

We all have different definitions of a trap. I tend to be weary of guys that are not just too cheap in general, but also cheap in comparison to their recent history vs their opponent.

Paul George is a perfect example. He’s 11k on FD which is the cheapest he’s been since 1/27/19, and he put up 80 and 66 in his last 2 against Portland. So on the surface, he definitely falls into the category of being “way too cheap”, and that doesn’t always mean he’ll be a great play. I’m still going to have some PG13, because I’d rather play a discounted PG13 over an overpriced ABC. Especially when PG13’s game has a much higher total and a much tighter spread.

However, I do think there is merit to fading both and just pairing Mirotic with either Hood, Layman, or Evans. Those 3 punts all have 10x upside or they could just be your dropped score.

• got9forya

@superjon said...

We all have different definitions of a trap. I tend to be weary of guys that are not just too cheap in general, but also cheap in comparison to their recent history vs their opponent.

Paul George is a perfect example. He’s 11k on FD which is the cheapest he’s been since 1/27/19, and he put up 80 and 66 in his last 2 against Portland. So on the surface, he definitely falls into the category of being “way too cheap”, and that doesn’t always mean he’ll be a great play. I’m still going to have some PG13, because I’d rather play a discounted PG13 over an overpriced ABC. Especially when PG13’s game has a much higher total and a much tighter spread.

However, I do think there is merit to fading both and just pairing Mirotic with either Hood, Layman, or Evans. Those 3 punts all have 10x upside or they could just be your dropped score.

I was looking at the same earlier. On FD I also like Illyasova as a cheap punt since PF is ugly today.

• efagan99

I like PG on DK too, way too cheap there. My only concern is his shoulder, he shot like poo in the last game. Do we know if it was a R vs L injury?

I think the key to today is deciding between russ, PG13, and giannis. Don’t think there’s enough value for 2. For me, Nurk is a lock at that price (on DK)

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@efagan99 said...

I like PG on DK too, way too cheap there. My only concern is his shoulder, he shot like poo in the last game. Do we know if it was a R vs L injury?

I think the key to today is deciding between russ, PG13, and giannis. Don’t think there’s enough value for 2. For me, Nurk is a lock at that price (on DK)

I’ve been playing around with a line up for 20 minutes now and not sure what style of build makes the most sense. It’s tough, because there’s not a lot of cheap guys that make sense. You have Harkless, Aminu, and Matthews who are all quality plays in my opinion. Once you go past them you’re really just relying on hope and a prayer. Connaughton and Ersan maybe. The mid-range is full of guys with moderate upside, but rough match ups. This whole slate is rough match ups really. My initial thought was PG and Dame and Matthews and Aminu or Harkless then balanced, but it’s cringing feeling out the rest.

• ScofieldReturns

kanter breaks the slate tonight, right? it’s the perfect night

• Pandamonious

@ScofieldReturns said...

kanter breaks the slate tonight, right? it’s the perfect night

Why?

• Kmasonbx

Yesterday was tough on DK, had tunnel vision on Lamb, my main lineup had 100 left over and instead of using that to get to Teague in a better matchup I stayed put. Would have cashed everything with that swap.

Perfect slate for a busy work day followed by a happy hour. 4 teams fighting for playoff positioning, nobody on the injury report I made 2 lineups on each site before I got into the office and I’m done. On both sites I went 1 lineup with Russ and PG and the other has Giannis and Dame.

• Cdavis21

Anyone thinking of fading all the top guys? Just made a lineup I really like with Dame as my most expensive player.

• ScofieldReturns

his old team, if he gets to 23 minutes he can put up a quick 37 fpts…C is weak enough i can see him in the winning LU

• Pandamonious

@ScofieldReturns said...

his old team, if he gets to 23 minutes he can put up a quick 37 fpts…C is weak enough i can see him in the winning LU

Never had a good game against OKC before. 37 is a huge stretch.

With all that said 2 game slates mostly come down to construction and that one player or 2 more than anything. It wouldn’t be shocking on DK if Kanter at 4K had 22-24 DK points and was in the winning line up just because no one else smashed at center and you were better off paying up at other positions.

• mbunner23

Perfect night to throw in a quick lineup, and then go play some ball and forget about DFS.

• Pandamonious

@mbunner23 said...

Perfect night to throw in a quick lineup, and then go play some ball and forget about DFS.

Never forget. Don’t you ever forget.

• ScofieldReturns

@Pandamonious said...

Never had a good game against OKC before. 37 is a huge stretch.

With all that said 2 game slates mostly come down to construction and that one player or 2 more than anything. It wouldn’t be shocking on DK if Kanter at 4K had 22-24 DK points and was in the winning line up just because no one else smashed at center and you were better off paying up at other positions.

yeah i noticed he’s never had a good game vs okc, but theoretically okc is the type of team he should be able to do well against: traditional big but the big isn’t the type to take advantage of his defensive deficiencies. nurkic gets into foul trouble so easily anyway. yeah, a bit of a stretch just trying to find that low owned cheap guy with major upside

• Kmasonbx

@ScofieldReturns said...

yeah i noticed he’s never had a good game vs okc, but theoretically okc is the type of team he should be able to do well against: traditional big but the big isn’t the type to take advantage of his defensive deficiencies.

He’ll mostly be matched up with Noel and Morris.

• ScofieldReturns

@Kmasonbx said...

He’ll mostly be matched up with Noel and Morris.

not if nurkic gets 2 fouls in 30 sec lol. either way, i don’t think any of those matchups are bad for kanter

• Njsum1

Advice….Don’t waste your time talking about players priced 5k and higher. We all know who to play. Whoever, finds the guys in the 3 to 4k range (none of which are actually appealing, accept maybe Aminu, yet he’s Aminu and who knows), will have the cashing lineups tonight.

Gonna be 4 real basketball players and 4 scrubs, in almost every lineup. You can try and go balanced, yet I’m not feeling that tonight. Don’t mind 1 stud (George, Westbrook, Giannis) 4 good players and 3 scrubs. Lillard is a stud, yet he’s not priced like one.

• Benf15harp

2 games? 2? What is this? Seriously! What is this? The
    Lmao

• monarch

I like Kanter. I think Dame is the best play but I’d get as many Blazers as possible. OKC is a lot like Atlanta, you want to pieces of their opponent, generally works out well.

I built one just for fun and got Dame, CJ, ABC and PG.

• got9forya

Liek I said Before Ersan Ilyasova will be in the winning lineup on FD. I just dont see how to avoid his production to avoid him tonight. I mean only 3800 on FD that seems like a steal tonight

• Shaudy_lo

Slate seems to small to fade most of the big dogs

• frugal

Man, got killed by both Harris and DeRozan last night. This losing streak sucks, and a sorry 2 game slate tonight.

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

I like Kanter. I think Dame is the best play but I’d get as many Blazers as possible. OKC is a lot like Atlanta, you want to pieces of their opponent, generally works out well.

I built one just for fun and got Dame, CJ, ABC and PG.

Agree. I have zero issues with running 4 Blazers. Most probably won’t go that far either, I don’t think, so it gives you some level of uniqueness too.

• Benf15harp

Can’t believe I’m going to say this but the Thread needs a full dose of MT, CAP, SS, SF debates and Panda breaking down every available player on DK to stay alive today. LOL

• mbunner23

@Benf15harp said...

Can’t believe I’m going to say this but the Thread needs a full dose of MT, CAP, SS, SF debates and Panda breaking down every available player on DK to stay alive today. LOL

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Agree. I have zero issues with running 4 Blazers. Most probably won’t go that far either, I don’t think, so it gives you some level of uniqueness too.

Ya. On showdown I may play five. I though that was a dumb idea until the person who won the ASG Showdown had five Team LeBron guys and ABC.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).