• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:00 PM EST : Houston ( -8 ) at Charlotte ( 8 ) —- T: 222
    7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8 ) at Detroit ( 8 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 7 ) at Memphis ( -7 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -2 ) at Golden State ( 2 ) —- T: 226
    10:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3 ) at Portland ( -3 ) —- T: 230

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

I’m a big believer in using a player’s price to determine if they are a good or bad play. Example, last night with Oladipo on FD. However, I’m learning that there are exceptions to this. One of which is if the player is running hot. Then the price increase makes more sense. A good example would be KP last night. He was 9.4k, which is one of his higher price points of the year, but he had been playing extremely well.

So here are tonight’s hot players on FD that are either at their highest price point or that have seen their price increase over the last few games.

Collin Sexton
    Shake Milton
    Kevin Huerter
    Andrew Wiggins
    Christian Wood
    Kevin Love

I will have at least 1 of these players in each of my 100 lineups.

The two I am a bit hesitant on are Sexton and Wiggins. Sexton because he’s had the biggest price increase and the match up isn’t great on paper. Wiggins because I can just get a high usage Tobias for 500 less. Then again, maybe Wiggins is the pivot over Tobias :)

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

I’m a big believer in using a player’s price to determine if they are a good or bad play.

It’s a factor to consider but if all those teams are healthier today those players start to become overpriced for expected usage, mins, and outcome

• superjon

@theIrrigator said...

It’s a factor to consider but if all those teams are healthier today those players start to become overpriced for expected usage, mins, and outcome

Correct. Especially with Cleveland. Although Garland and KPJ are out, so Sexton still might be in play.

Out of the 6 players I listed, I would rate them (as of now) top to bottom

Milton
    Huerter
    Wood
    Love
    Wiggins
    Sexton

• rstylz

Baynes, Saric?

WTF does Whiteside do lol. You would think if he just stuck his hands in the air alone in front of a player that should be some what of enough to prevent what happened last night.

Onward and upward.

Im thinking of going back to Ja and Trae tonight. Hopefully that last game can keep there owner ship down a bit.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

I think this is all the news from yesterday

Kings
    Richaun Holmes (shoulder) listed questionable for Saturday.

Sixers
    Josh Richardson (concussion) ruled out for Saturday.

Status note: Joel Embiid (shoulder) remains out for Saturday.

Warriors
    Kevon Looney (hip) listed out for Saturday.

Draymond Green (knee) questionable for Saturday.

Status note: Ky Bowman (ankle) to miss at least 1 more week.

Cavs
    Tristan Thompson (knee) listed questionable for Saturday. Practiced Friday

Andre Drummond (calf) listed questionable for Saturday. Practiced Friday

Dean Wade (ankle) listed questionable for Saturday.

Alfonzo McKinnie (foot) listed questionable for Saturday.

Darius Garland (groin) listed out for Saturday.

Pistons
    Brandon Knight (knee) listed probable for Saturday.

Bruce Brown (knee) not listed on injury report for Saturday.

Rockets
    Russell Westbrook (rest) out Saturday, will play Sunday.

Eric Gordon (knee) ruled out for Saturday.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@superjon said...

Correct. Especially with Cleveland. Although Garland and KPJ are out, so Sexton still might be in play.

Out of the 6 players I listed, I would rate them (as of now) top to bottom

Milton
    Huerter
    Wood
    Love
    Wiggins
    Sexton

Agreed Milton still playable.

Sexton should still be fine if he is gonna keep playing the whole game regardless of matchup and Drummond/TT news. Think that news mainly effects Love/Nance.

If Trae plays I’ll probably be pretty low on Huerter.

Like Wood regardless of Brown coming back.

If Dray plays that hurts Wiggins but him and Tobias did go in my dummy lineup fairly easily so I’ll have some either way most likely

Right now i rank them

Milton
    Wood
    Sexton
    Wiggins
    Love
    Huerter

Assuming Drummond/TT, Trae, Dray all play

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

I’m a big believer in using a player’s price to determine if they are a good or bad play. Example, last night with Oladipo on FD.

Really?

Irrigator, how can you respond to this post and take that backhanded comment lying down? Like Dipo’s result had nothing to do with the blowout and him backing off and only playing 26, when he’s cleared for over 30 minutes.

• Pick1979

@Pandamonious said...

Really?

Irrigator, how can you respond to this post and take that backhanded comment lying down? Like Dipo’s result had nothing to do with the blowout and him backing off and only playing 26, when he’s cleared for over 30 minutes.

what blowout

Sabonis and Turner were on court till just about the very end (minus maybe a minute) ?

interesting to me as i double back in research that any FP/MIN talk about Sabonis with Brogdon off the court is garbage unless you run court IQ with DIPO on for a relevant period. Cost me last nite a lot of grands lol

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pick1979 said...

what blowout

Sabonis and Turner were on court till just about the very end (minus maybe a minute) ?

interesting to me as i double back in research that any FP/MIN talk about Sabonis with Brogdon off the court is garbage unless you run court IQ with DIPO on for a relevant period. Cost me last nite a lot of grands lol

I don’t know. I’m mistaken I guess. Last I looked Pacers were up over 20 going into the 4th and Dipo did nothing after that.

• Pick1979

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t know. I’m mistaken I guess. Last I looked Pacers were up over 20 going into the 4th and Dipo did nothing after that.

Have a Strategy question for you.

The blowouts have been KILLING me lately and since i don’t like game stacking that much BUT if 5-7 point spreads are gonna turn more and more into blowouts at end of the year.. seems .there is much more merit to Game stack a high total close spread and if that game goes off you don’t have to worry about 4 or 5 other games seeing a blowout and costing a starter his last rotation. And i mean in a GPP if you have one starter bit by a blowout that is usually enough to be a difference maker so it seems i would be minimizing that risk (when a game stack looks attractive). Would you agree with this or meh

• Jsmitty123433

RG Overall Ranking

I would say game stack doesn’t typically give you the ceiling needed I would rather try to catch games that should be blowouts but aren’t imo

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pick1979 said...

Have a Strategy question for you.

The blowouts have been KILLING me lately and since i don’t like game stacking that much BUT if 5-7 point spreads are gonna turn more and more into blowouts at end of the year.. seems .there is much more merit to Game stack a high total close spread and if that game goes off you don’t have to worry about 4 or 5 other games seeing a blowout and costing a starter his last rotation. And i mean in a GPP if you have one starter bit by a blowout that is usually enough to be a difference maker so it seems i would be minimizing that risk (when a game stack looks attractive)

I don’t know if there’s a point in predicting blowouts at any spread. Only have to go back to Thursday and the LAC/HOU 1 point spread to see a blowout can happen with any game. Depending on how many line ups you build, maybe just spreading your exposure even thinner or doing 1 game stack of every game, especially on smaller slates like today.

• Pick1979

@Jsmitty123433 said...

I would say game stack doesn’t typically give you the ceiling needed I would rather try to catch games that should be blowouts but aren’t imo

Generally i have agreed with that and is one of the reasons i haven’t used them , the other is that i have the time many days…to really dig in and i have had success handbuilding mulitple lineups (usually w a core) . last nite on FD was Fultz, Levert, Gordon, Sabonis) F’n Sabonisis and his 4.5 x i should have been off him cuz of dipo playing

• Pick1979

Appreciate the Response Panda…

I wonder what KPZ would have had if it wasn’t a blow out . Wow in 29 mins he absolutely went off

• wcsd832

J. McRae for Det is only 3800 on FD. Played 25 minutes last game and they signed him that afternoon.

• Jsmitty123433

RG Overall Ranking

I agree the smaller the slate the more a game stack becomes a viable option I for some reason can’t ever get to a full game stack but there is no really data to back most of my dfs decision making that’s why I rarely post

• superjon

@wcsd832 said...

J. McRae for Det is only 3800 on FD. Played 25 minutes last game and they signed him that afternoon.

He becomes less interesting if Brown plays.

Also, the Pistons have like 20 shooting guards to choose from.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Really?

It wasnt easy. I originally typed a response defending Oladipo but deleted and decided to let it go lol

• bangthedrummond

@wcsd832 said...

Bruce Brown is back so I think McRae will be closer to 15 mins than to 25.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@Jsmitty123433 said...

I agree the smaller the slate the more a game stack becomes a viable option I for some reason can’t ever get to a full game stack but there is no really data to back most of my dfs decision making that’s why I rarely post

Most decisions on this forum involve zero data behind it. Most involve narratives, dreams, hunches, and alcohol.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

Yeah, I don’t think any Piston is safe for anything, especially with Brown likely back. I imagine he’ll impact Knight some too. Wood is about the only thing even remotely close to dependable, but that price is getting to where he’s not an auto play, especially here.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pick1979 said...

what blowout

They were up 15-20 from like midway 2nd qtr until midway through the 4th. Wasnt as close as the final score makes it seem

• wcsd832

@bangthedrummond said...

Bruce Brown is back so I think McRae will be closer to 15 mins than to 25.

I think you’ll see him stay at 20-25 and take minutes away from others like Snell/Galloway. He’s basically trying out for next year so he will be shooting when he’s in. Probably be safer to wait until after tonight to play him. I’ll use him on the all day slate to get room for Harden, but won’t have him in the main.

• gaelicgirl

Did Kyrie get Atkinson fired?

• bangthedrummond

@Pandamonious said...

narratives

Speaking of narratives, I can get behind Burks today. While I wouldn’t call it “revenge”, I think a little extra effort combined with matchup/price/slate makes him a good value play today.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).