• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

5:00 PM EST : Houston ( -8 ) at Charlotte ( 8 ) —- T: 222
    7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -8 ) at Detroit ( 8 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Denver ( -7.5 ) at Cleveland ( 7.5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 7 ) at Memphis ( -7 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -2 ) at Golden State ( 2 ) —- T: 226
    10:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3 ) at Portland ( -3 ) —- T: 230

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• PMaravich44

Last night was discouraging for me. Newer player and I can’t even cash in the Beginner only tournies on FD. Anyone have any research methods that I can adopt? Thanks guys

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Most decisions on this forum involve zero data behind it. Most involve narratives, dreams, hunches, and alcohol.

And when all else fails

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

Did Kyrie get Atkinson fired?

Guess so. Thought he had been doing a pretty good job

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Curious about that as well.

• Njsum1

@PMaravich44 said...

Last night was discouraging for me. Newer player and I can’t even cash in the Beginner only tournies on FD. Anyone have any research methods that I can adopt? Thanks guys

Some beginner or non experienced player tournaments are Multi-entry…don’t play those. I’m significantly better on DK and Yahoo than FD. Yet I’ve head more success on FD in the single entry stuff…I think it’s because their multi entry allows much more than yahoos 15 or DK’s 20. And since I usually only do 5-12 lineups on average, I feel I’m at more of a disadvantage on FD. So I stick to their single entry or 3 max. Yet then you’ll be running up against sharp optimizer trains. Still think it’s the way to go on FD, unless you MME.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@gaelicgirl said...

Something happened. You don’t usually see head coaches fired randomly when they’re currently in a playoff spot after a blowout win this late into the season, and have been missing their star player(s) for all or the majority of the season.

• gaelicgirl

@theIrrigator said...

Guess so. Thought he had been doing a pretty good job

So did I, especially considering the injuries this year.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@PMaravich44 said...

Do you use HQ?

• Njsum1

@theIrrigator said...

They were up 15-20 from like midway 2nd qtr until midway through the 4th. Wasnt as close as the final score makes it seem

AD kinda came through in the 2nd. Not what I wanted, yet what I needed. His second half performance dragged like 4 of my 10 lineups over the min cash line. 🔥💩🔥

• Njsum1

@superjon said...

I’m a big believer in using a player’s price to determine if they are a good or bad play

This is generally a good approach, sometimes you mix it up for game theory. Like if I love the spot for a guy I’ll overpay on one site to get him at lower ownership, if there’s a big price discrepancy.

Yet Generally holds true. Like yesterday, I had Baynes pegged for around 30-35 fantasy points on average. I was all in on DK at 3k, and Yahoo at $10 (min price over there), yet on FD for 5k, Vuc seemed like the better play for 8.4 who I had for around 50 fantasy points, considering all the value elsewhere.

• PMaravich44

I mean I have RG premium for the month but to say I know exactly what I’m
    Doing on HQ or the best way to make a player pool I would be lying lol.

• superjon

Anyone know anything about Sheldon Mac? I see the Cavs signed him to a 10 day.

If he plays tonight, what does that do for Sexton?

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Something happened. You don’t usually see head coaches fired randomly when they’re currently in a playoff spot after a blowout win this late into the season, and have been missing their star player(s) for all or the majority of the season.

Is this true? This is silly. He’s been a great coach, I don’t get it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• SoreOnSunday

Anyone know what the winning score was in the 555 on dk? Thanks!

• PMaravich44

@theIrrigator said...

Do you use HQ?

mean I have RG premium for the month but to say I know exactly what I’m

• MoccasinMusic

Is Hassan Whiteside vs the kings still a thing?

• Njsum1

@MoccasinMusic said...

Is Hassan Whiteside vs the kings still a thing?

Seems like Whiteside versus everyone has been a thing

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@PMaravich44 said...

The most basic strategy that you can have some decent success with is to exclude everyone from you player pool, open up a DvP chart, go through each position sorting by highest to lowest matchup and put the top 5-6 at each position back in your player pool. You should now have 5-6 players at PG, SG, SF, PF, C in the best matchups. Build some lineups around those guys and see what happens. Also pay attention to usage rate. While some guys may have a good matchup according to DvP if they have a single digit usage rate the likelihood they exceed expectations is very slim

Also since your premium you can go check out the videos in the rotoacademy. Not sure if any of them are any good but I’m sure there is some info in them that should help you

• miggs6876

@Jsmitty123433 said...

I would say game stack doesn’t typically give you the ceiling needed I would rather try to catch games that should be blowouts but aren’t imo

A Phoenix stacks was money yesterday. All 5 starters were productive to unbelievable.

• Njsum1

@Jsmitty123433 said...

I would say game stack doesn’t typically give you the ceiling needed I would rather try to catch games that should be blowouts but aren’t imo

Saw on the the thread you won a couple of dollars yesterday. Congrats 🏀🍀🔥👍😁

And different nights bring different things that work. A high scoring OT game stack will win on nights where there is such a game.

And the catching blowout games that don’t blowout is similar to playing guys that are low owned. Cause unless it’s a small slate, those players in big spread games will likely be lower owned.

• rstylz

@PMaravich44 said...

I use HQ but what i tend to do is create 10 line ups and see who the optimizer likes. I will force it to have 3 or 4 unique players in each line up to get its secondary picks as well.
    Then i combine my own research with it. I will generally swap 2-4 player out of the optimizer line ups with my own picks.

I just change it enough to beat the optimizers in the field.

Seems to work ok. Iv’e been treading even for around 2 months now. Almost took down a decent gpp.

• gausman7

@PMaravich44 said...

one thing i suggest. Don’t waste your beginner entries on $.25 contests. You only have a limited number. Go a little higher in entry fee on the beginner contests when you feel good about a slate. Its the only chance you’re going to have not going against the big dogs.

• gausman7

was 69.50 DK points the all-time high we have ever seen for a minimum priced player? Can’t imagine someone beating that EVER

• PMaravich44

@theIrrigator said...

The most basic strategy that you can have some decent success with is to exclude everyone from you player pool, open up a DvP chart, go through each position sorting by highest to lowest matchup and put the top 5-6 at each position back in your player pool. You should now have 5-6 players at PG, SG, SF, PF, C in the best matchups. Build some lineups around those guys and see what happens. Also pay attention to usage rate. While some guys may have a good matchup according to DvP if they have a single digit usage rate the likelihood they exceed expectations is very slim

Also since your premium you can go check out the videos in the rotoacademy. Not sure if any of them are any good but I’m sure there is some info in them that should help you

I appreciate this. This should definitely help a lot. Thanks a ton

• Pick1979

@Pandamonious said...

He must have been giving LeVert to much Run than Kyrie likes

It’s obvious to me , they will be very good when Durant returns and plays with Dinwiddie and LeVert

They could do very well with out Kyrie and his salary would be better spent elsewhere

Celts are better w out him

They did there surprise playoff run w out him 2 years ago . Anyway

Probably fading Harden in all day slate in some GPP’s to gain leverage given what looks like some nice FD options

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).