NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00pm Memphis(-1) at New Orleans —- 190(o/u)
    7:30pm Phoenix at Cleveland(-11) —- 212(o/u)
    7:30pm Sacramento at Miami(-5.5) —- 204.5(o/u)
    7:30pm Indiana(-9) at New York —- 189.5(o/u)
    7:30pm Atlanta(-10) at Philadelphia —- 192(o/u)
    8:00pm Portland(-4) at Minnesota —- 199.5(o/u)
    8:30pm Washington at Milwaukee(-4) —- 189(o/u)
    9:00pm Houston(-5) at Denver —- 208(o/u)

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• ItzJamesFTW

@SixerStuey said...

You worry about altitude in Denver? LOL. That’s the funniest damn thing I heard. Thanks for the laugh.

There is data to back this up. Maybe this is why you think this is just all “luck”.

• tonytone1908

@greenslaps said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry can’t help… I’m new at this. But how does anyone know who the next Frye is? Is it just dumb luck??

I’m thinking today’s Frye is at PG. It wasn’t just dumb luck, it was 50% assessing the injury situations, while the other 50% was luck. While Frye was a great pick considering the situation, there was also a chance Dipo, Harris, and Payton would do all the heavy lifting. He was basically a lock for value at the worst.

• ItzJamesFTW

@greenslaps said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry can’t help… I’m new at this. But how does anyone know who the next Frye is? Is it just dumb luck??

Minutes+Matchup+Injury+Starting Status.

Frye had all of those last night. No one thought he would do that great, but 25 FP was well within reach which is like 7.5x his salary. Only had him in a few lineups, but had a solid night.

• noddy

Tonight’s Frye = Brandon Wright (if Len is out)

• ItzJamesFTW

@tonytone1908 said...

I’m thinking today’s Frye is at PG. It wasn’t just dumb luck, it was 50% assessing the injury situations, while the other 50% was luck. While Frye was a great pick considering the situation, there was also a chance Dipo, Harris, and Payton would do all the heavy lifting. He was basically a lock for value at the worst.

Today’s Frye may be Tyler Johnson, FWIW.

• Ericpro777

Hard to imagine any min priced PG plays going off for any amount over 30 =D. Maybe Napier if all the Heat are hurt again, definitely worth a look if that happens but gotta wait for injury info

• tonytone1908

@ItzJamesFTW said...

he’s 1 on my radar. there’s a couple others

• Ericpro777

Wright is intriguing for sure, hoping Len sits. he played well last night after Len went out. Only problem ( and this is just my opinion) but i think the Cavs wreck the suns tonight after being embarrassed yesterday, especially Lebron comes out angry.

• Dackms2001

I can see Wright getting extended minutes if they still get blown out by Cleveland. Ill try him in a lineup or 2. I really like Schroder and anyone from Portland!!

• broughmin

@ItzJamesFTW said...

Right team, but it is Michael Beasley.

• Orty1370

Based on some simple data I have my own projection system that is highlighting teams that should see higher than average team points. The projections uses the data from Vegas opening lines, RG projections, and season averages. The teams that are projecting a plus rating on team scoring are:

Miami (Sea. Ave. 94.1 – Proj. 101.4)
    Cleveland (Sea. Ave. 102.7 – Proj. 108.7)
    Philadelphia (Sea. Ave. 90.6 – Proj. 94.2)
    Houston (Sea. Ave. 103.1 – Proj. 105.4)
    Indiana (Sea. Ave. 96.2 – Proj. 98.1)
    Denver (Sea. Ave. 99.7 – 100.9)

My lineups will be composed of all these teams…lets see what happens.

• ItzJamesFTW

@broughmin said...

Right team, but it is Michael Beasley.

It’s the last day of his 10-day, too.

• Ericpro777

Something tells me Anthony Davis is gonna put on his big boy pants and handle business against Memphis. Important game for NO, and Davis is fresh and playing dominant right now. I know he has a bad history against Memphis but that probably gets under his skin and if he can get a little angry he could do work. Generally try to avoid starting any bigs against Memphis, but just as a comparison, Terrence Jones got 39.8 Fp’s in 36 minutes against Memphis. Jones is no where near as dominant as Brow, plays less minutes, and is not the focal point of the offense. NO is gonna need a huge game from Brow tonight to win, and I think he steps up big. Just my .02

• Mindofigor

I’m trying to decide between Bargnani or Robin lopez at this point.

• zachlowry

I’ve got LeBron and Cousins in my Victiv LU and its not terrible

• skicarib

@smutpeddlers said...

I’ve done so much head spinning research all week that today I’m doing only GPPs with gut and rotoworld news as my backbone, plus I’m hungover. This is my GPP strategy for today. Let it goo Let it gooooooo

need to watch out for those Wooddys-like late night sports bars. Good strategy, you’ll prob win. Pack took down Cuse easily just now, students chanted YMCA as game started lol. GL tonight, rotoworld will be our friends w a lot of news/changes likely.

• noddy

Get Bron in. Once again he failed against a good team. He’ll do well against a shitty team and be on ESPN and people will think he’s the best.

• skicarib

@tonytone1908 said...

+1

• sports4life

@Unico10 said...

Why?? Was Gay in more than 50% of his 500+ lineups?

Likely because on the season Orlando is ranked dead last against opposing SF. I did a bit of backwards research and that’s the only thing I could find.

• skicarib

@Ericpro777 said...

Wright is intriguing for sure, hoping Len sits. he played well last night after Len went out. Only problem ( and this is just my opinion) but i think the Cavs wreck the suns tonight after being embarrassed yesterday, especially Lebron comes out angry.

even if Len doesn’t sit initially, the probability of 2 fouls in 1Q is always there too..and maybe higher, as you say, w LBJ freight-training down the lane over and over pissed

• rossfair44

I’m finding Turbo a hard grind today. Wanna play floor, but being forced to play gpp.

• OUBrent1

@skicarib said...

even if Len doesn’t sit initially, the probability of 2 fouls in 1Q is always there too..and maybe higher, as you say, w LBJ freight-training down the lane over and over pissed

That’s easy to avoid though. Just get out of his way and don’t foul.

• Mrm2010

Haven’t seen mention of llyasova, thoughts?

• skicarib

@OUBrent1 said...

That’s easy to avoid though. Just get out of his way and don’t foul.

yep, if it were in his DNA – he is second in the league in fouls

• Raiderdave

@noddy said...

Get Bron in. Once again he failed against a good team. He’ll do well against a shitty team and be on ESPN and people will think he’s the best.

lol so true!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).