• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -5 ) at Detroit ( 5 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3 ) at Memphis ( -3 ) —- T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3 ) at Okla City ( 3 ) —- T: 212.5
    10:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 10 ) at Portland ( -10 ) —- T: 220.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 6.5 ) at Phoenix ( -6.5 ) —- T: 231

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

As the Admin note says above, posts referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. I have been leaving it on the main page for a few hours to allow our members to vent/gloat about their action from yesterday.

Please keep this thread on topic, NBA strategy talk for today’s games.

Thanks.

• DirkDigglerz

Nice slate I still like Westbrook today, plenty of cheapies with high upsides to build with.

• MPDR1983

@DirkDigglerz said...

Nice slate I still like Westbrook today, plenty of cheapies with high upsides to build with.

Im fading him.. Kawhi will destroy tonight IMO

• AtomicCity42

First glance, seems guard heavy

• DirkDigglerz

@MPDR1983 said...

Im fading him.. Kawhi will destroy tonight IMO

I still think he can get 70 they’re at home. I’m not going 100% though 50% lol

• xEnvayNe

James and Leonard locked for me

• superjon

@xEnvayNe said...

James and Leonard locked for me

Hopefully not in the same lineups

• River2009

Westbrook fade tonight? I know Westbrook is a god amoung men out there but it’s hard to like him tonight when the claw is rested and will be following him all game

• xEnvayNe

@superjon said...

Hopefully not in the same lineups

Why not?

• MPDR1983

@DirkDigglerz said...

I still think he can get 70 they’re at home. I’m not going 100% though 50% lol

True but I see mid 50’s tonight.. Comes back down to earth tonight. Which 12.5K is too much for me for 50 DK points.

• shutupnoob

There’s a lot to like at guard tonight, RWB fade could work out actually. Really liking Conley so far

• KillaChap

James and Kyrie for me. Those two are absolutely killing it lately.

• superjon

@xEnvayNe said...

Why not?

I always look at the past night’s winners, and you rarely (if ever) will see someone play two studs at the same position.

Exception might be if it’s a short slate.

• steelcitydozer

Anyone on kcp after absolute just crap performance. 27 minutes 5.2 fd points.hope that draws down ownership and he goes off

• steelcitydozer

@superjon said...

I always look at the past night’s winners, and you rarely (if ever) will see someone play two studs at the same position.

Exception might be if it’s a short slate.

If they are the best plays no matter what I say play them . Who cares if they are the same position they have lbj and kwahi on a tear lately

• mathewsmarner

when u say not playing studs of the same post u mean russel and bledsoe?

• TrustinthePlan

Anyone fading RWB and going with Dipo? Seems like a logical move with the claw following RWB like his shadow all game.

• BUFUu2

that lakers suns game is intriguing for a stack plus the late night hammer have to make a stack out of that

• JZ2318

@mathewsmarner said...

when u say not playing studs of the same post u mean russel and bledsoe?

They mean playing approximately two 9K+ guys at the same position. The argument being that top lineups each night “rarely” have this sort of lineup construction. I think it is a poor argument, as this strategy can certainly be viable on specific slates where factors such as value, player matchups, and environment are ideal to deploy this strategy. Every slate is unique, people forget that sometimes.

• superjon

@steelcitydozer said...

If they are the best plays no matter what I say play them . Who cares if they are the same position they have lbj and kwahi on a tear lately

Go for it then. But the odds of tonight’s winning line up containing BOTH Lebron and Kawhi is very small.

• bjacksonibew

@BUFUu2 said...

that lakers suns game is intriguing for a stack plus the late night hammer have to make a stack out of that

Second that, whats your thoughts on Bledsoe and Al Will?

• xEnvayNe

That is my thought process they are the two best players on the slate IMO

• Njsum1

Redick, Crawford, and Rivers combined will cost you 11.2 on DK. Great way to start a cash game lineup IMO. That’s about 80 SG minutes (if not slightly more) against a team that has trouble defending the position.

• xEnvayNe

@steelcitydozer said...

That is my thought process they are the two best players on the slate IMO

• superjon

@JZ2318 said...

They mean playing approximately two 9K+ guys at the same position. The argument being that top lineups each night “rarely” have this sort of lineup construction. I think it is a poor argument, as this strategy can certainly be viable on specific slates where factors such as value, player matchups, and environment are ideal to deploy this strategy. Every slate is unique, people forget that sometimes.

How is it a poor argument when it’s true?

Mind you, I’m only talking about slates that are 4 games or higher. How often do you see winning (or top 5) line ups that have two 9k+ players at the same position?

What I think people really tend to forget is that the more expensive players tend to be higher owned due to their higher floor and ceiling. Taking up two spots at a position with chalky players that will have a harder time hitting value is rarely ever going to be a +EV play.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.