• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( -5 ) at Detroit ( 5 ) —- T: 216
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 3 ) at Memphis ( -3 ) —- T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -3 ) at Okla City ( 3 ) —- T: 212.5
    10:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 10 ) at Portland ( -10 ) —- T: 220.5
    10:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 6.5 ) at Phoenix ( -6.5 ) —- T: 231

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Ty127

I don’t know why you guys even listen to these “experts” they don’t do nothing but sway you in the wrong direction. I only read the grind down but I’m skeptical about that.

• River2009

Anyone else seen that Bledsoe is questionable?
    https://twitter.com/fantasylabsnba/status/839642199990095872

• BUFUu2

@bjacksonibew said...

Second that, whats your thoughts on Bledsoe and Al Will?

def al will for sure he will tear them up…. had 11 points in 4min last time…… idk about bledsoe i think he is questionable but i don’t think he is that great of a defender thinking he may guard young and I will be taking a risk on young

• kettab24

soo i’ve listened to two podcasts so far this morning…everyone is off the clippers…..food for thought fellas…also i watch some game film from the last time the spurs played OKC..they hid parker on robertson….and started Green on Westy…I think the 4th or 5th possession he blocked Westy’s jumpshot…..Westbrook played really well that game but didn’t even crack 60DK points….

• kmdilsaver

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

If bledsoe out Ulis will be chalk. Think I am going to fade westbrook today and stack the late night games and mix in some leonard.

• DontTrustTheProcess

I’m not sold on Kyrie and the Whiny Bitch. Detroit just seems such a slow pace and opponents don’t seem to do too well against them in a fantasy points sense. But then again, I“m broke so what the hell do I know?

• KillaChap

@Ty127 said...

I don’t know why you guys even listen to these “experts” they don’t do nothing but sway you in the wrong direction. I only read the grind down but I’m skeptical about that.

I love Noto and his work is clearly as in depth as anyone but again, I’ve never won money playing his recommendations. I did do pretty well during the MLB season last year with the RG premium tools. Definitely going to get it again this year.

• JZ2318

@superjon said...

How is it a poor argument when it’s true?

Mind you, I’m only talking about slates that are 4 games or higher. How often do you see winning (or top 5) line ups that have two 9k+ players at the same position?

What I think people really tend to forget is that the more expensive players tend to be higher owned due to their higher floor and ceiling. Taking up two spots at a position with chalky players that will have a harder time hitting value is rarely ever going to be a +EV play.

It’s not true, it is based on the sample size of how many contests you go back and check the top lineups. I doubt you have done this the entire year and have kept a record of how many times someone went double stud at a position. While I will agree with you that the minority of top lineups utilize this construction, it still comes down to the slate and how the players perform. I just think it is a bad thought process to automatically eliminate a possibly simply because it is perceived to fail. Tonight for example, if Lebron and Kawhi both go for 60+ (which is feasible) and you surround them with the correct value plays, your lineup has an excellent chance to finish top five in a contest.

• KillaChap

@River2009 said...

Anyone else seen that Bledsoe is questionable?
    https://twitter.com/fantasylabsnba/status/839642199990095872

Yup. Ulis will be a lock if he misses.

• jtwfantasy

At first glance Alan Williams seems to expensive, but I’ll probably still roll him out at what will hopefully be a low ownership and pray he doesn’t get in foul trouble. I doubt phx wants Alex Len running up and down the court in this fast paced game.

• mathewsmarner

gasol or oladipo?

• KillaChap

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

I’m not sold on Kyrie and the Whiny Bitch. Detroit just seems such a slow pace and opponents don’t seem to do too well against them in a fantasy points sense. But then again, I“m broke so what the hell do I know?

I love the no nonsense LeBum description.

• TrustinthePlan

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but Detroit on the backend of a B2B and the Cavs rested, and the Pistons giving up 115 to the pacers last night, Cavs should be able to roll and I can see big nights for both Kyrie and LBJ.

• MrPerfekt7

Lock and load Conley/Gasol based off of 3 game production log they own the Clippers. And they playing in Memphis. Grit and Grind.

Hopefully I will hit over 300+ tonight wishful thinking

• frugal

@Ty127 said...

I keep saying this, but building your own projections is the way to go.

• Njsum1

@kettab24 said...

soo i’ve listened to two podcasts so far this morning…everyone is off the clippers…..food for thought fellas…also i watch some game film from the last time the spurs played OKC..they hid parker on robertson….and started Green on Westy…I think the 4th or 5th possession he blocked Westy’s jumpshot…..Westbrook played really well that game but didn’t even crack 60DK points….

Everyone is off Griffin and Paul, and probably Deandre….however…as I said earlier, I think there is some value on Dk to rostering Redick, Crawford, and Rivers on Dk at a combined price of 11.2 k. It’s more of a cash strategy, Yet these three players have averaged 72 dk points per game versus Memphis this year, and you have a 3 game sample size. Cp3 and blake missed 1 game each, so the true average may be 5 to 7 points lower….still, there’s a decent floor at the price, with some ceiling as well. Thing of it is, that you have to roster all 3, cause you can’t accurately project who may have the big game. At least one of my lineups will take this approach tonight.

• frugal

@kettab24 said...

Everyone is off the Clippers as they’ve played like garbage since the break and are facing Memphis. While it’s true PFs have had some success against Memphis, 1 rule I almost always follow is avoid players facing Utah, Memphis, San Antonio, and Dallas.

• feekdogg

@kmdilsaver said...

If bledsoe out Ulis will be chalk. Think I am going to fade westbrook today and stack the late night games and mix in some leonard.

That’s what I already did last night with my initial build. See you at the top. Or bottom.
    Probably bottom.

• KillaChap

@frugal said...

I keep saying this, but building your own projections is the way to go.

I think most of us wish we had the ability to create accurate projections. I’ve tinkered here and there but never quite get it right. Some of us are just better with numbers than others.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #35

RG Tiered Ranking

@7klub06 said...

Lock and load Conley/Gasol based off of 3 game production log they own the Clippers. And they playing in Memphis. Grit and Grind.

Hopefully I will hit over 300+ tonight wishful thinking

Did Paul play in those matchups. Not saying Conley is a bad play (only 5 games and RWB is a fade) but it is food for thought.

• moped_jones

I’m doing a LAL/PHX game stack. I rarely do those, but tonight it just feels right.

• frugal

@KillaChap said...

I think most of us wish we had the ability to create accurate projections. I’ve tinkered here and there but never quite get it right. Some of us are just better with numbers than others.

It’s not about being 100% accurate, it’s about correctly identifying the players in the best position to succeed. I didn’t project Payton with a triple double, but my model had him tied with Schoder as the top plays at PG (on Yahoo). I don’t mean to come of rude, but IMHO you are playing at a huge disadvantage if you aren’t using a projection system of some sort. The free ones are OK, but you have to consider how many people out there are using those same numbers to build their lineups.

• moped_jones

@superjon said...

I always look at the past night’s winners, and you rarely (if ever) will see someone play two studs at the same position.

Exception might be if it’s a short slate.

Why would that matter? If they are in two different games they have nothing to do with each other.

Studs are studs, regardless if they are the same position or not. They only time I could remotely see your point was if they were guarding each other.

• tjmorrison519

@yountingly said...

Did Paul play in those matchups. Not saying Conley is a bad play (only 5 games and RWB is a fade) but it is food for thought.

IIRC CP3 missed one of those games but played in the other 2.

• jtwfantasy

@yountingly said...

2/3 Ironically Conley scored 30 irl points both times vs CP3

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).