NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 4.5 ) at Atlanta ( -4.5 ) —- T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 4 ) at Utah ( -4 ) —- T: 225
    9:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

Still messing around with this, but found a pretty good way to use the optimizer without getting super chalky lineups for GPPs

1. Add players that are projected to score under 30 fpts to a group.
    2. Adjust the rule so that each lineup must have at least 2 or 3 players from that group.

• mbunner23

Hornets stack I guess. Boring little slate.

• tmarohl

Bucks will get blown out tonight. I will probably mix some guys like Sterling Brown into some lineups.

• JTAx33

This slate looks pretty awful; think I’m sitting this one out

• Gadnuk

Got 2nd and 4th in the $2 mini-max on DK with a 5th in the 0.50cent mini-max on DK last night. Going to sit out this ugly 3 game slate for sure. Good luck to everyone ballsy enough to play it!

• DC2380

@tmarohl said...

Bucks will get blown out tonight. I will probably mix some guys like Sterling Brown into some lineups.

So not liking Bledsoe and Middleton?

• Herf

@tmarohl said...

After they just lost to the Suns, I think the Bucks will come out with a little something to prove even though they aren’t full strength. Middleton should put on a show tonight and I think there will be value to be had as well.

• Njsum1

@Gadnuk said...

Going to sit out this ugly 3 game slate for sure

Sure you are 😉

• Njsum1

@Herf said...

After they just lost to the Suns, I think the Bucks will come out with a little something to prove even though they aren’t full strength. Middleton should put on a show tonight and I think there will be value to be had as well.

I generally don’t argue with @tmarhol about the Bucks. Whether he’s right or wrong tonight, his opinions are generally correct in regards to the Bucks.

I’ll still play Bledsoe and Middleton, cause the usage will be sky high, and the prices haven’t caught up. So even if they caught on the minus side of a blowout, they could still do well enough.

Something to prove or not, Bucks might just not be that good without Giannis, which is why they may have lost to Phoenix (who isn’t a terrible team, they’ve had their moments).

• superjon

Bledsoe over Middleton for me.

• Herf

@Njsum1 said...

I generally don’t argue with @tmarhol about the Bucks. Whether he’s right or wrong tonight, his opinions are generally correct in regards to the Bucks.

I’ll still play Bledsoe and Middleton, cause the usage will be sky high, and the prices haven’t caught up. So even if they caught on the minus side of a blowout, they could still do well enough.

Something to prove or not, Bucks might just not be that good without Giannis, which is why they may have lost to Phoenix (who isn’t a terrible team, they’ve had their moments).

Oh yeah, I agree he definitely knows more about the Bucks than I do for sure! Just so we are clear, I was just making a statement…. definitely not trying to make anyone mad or argue!

This slate is a little ugly for sure tho. I wonder which Raptor will have a career night tonight against the Jazz lol.

• mbunner23

@Njsum1 said...

Not overthinking it, still playing both with Ibaka and Hornets at the moment.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@superjon said...

Still messing around with this, but found a pretty good way to use the optimizer without getting super chalky lineups for GPPs

1. Add players that are projected to score under 30 fpts to a group.
    2. Adjust the rule so that each lineup must have at least 2 or 3 players from that group.

You could just go to build rules and set a max total ownership per line up. Or you could just use the ownership projections to go heavier on guys who are projected to be lower owned that you like. Not saying what you’re doing can’t work, but seems like an odd way to go about it. You’re basically forcing punt plays into your line up it sounds like.

• tmarohl

@DC2380 said...

So not liking Bledsoe and Middleton?

They should do fine at their price. Just think Bucks will lose badly so want some differentiation

• Njsum1

@Herf said...

. definitely not trying to make anyone mad or argue

The point of the forum to argue different points, and drop a well placed GIF or 2. 😎 I don’t think anyone would get mad with someone making a point contrary to theirs. If so they need to grow up or develop a thicker skin.

I’ve just been posting here for a while and noticed that Tmarohl’s Bucks takes are generally correct, not always, yet with a pretty high frequency. His takes on anything else, feel free to argue 😉😁

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

They should do fine at their price. Just think Bucks will lose badly so want some differentiation

If the Santa Cruz Warriors were able to beat the Nuggets at home, surely even a Giannis-less Bucks can beat them.
    Or at least not get blown out.

• Njsum1

Side strategy note….Going back to players in equally good spots, who I was heavy on the previous game where they let me down, has been A successful play.

I’m sure many of you do this, yet it’s tough to do. If you have a problem doing this you should work on it. I used to have a problem with it, which is why I’m posting about it.

The reason it works, is because you normally get the same player at either a reduced price or reduced ownership. Sometimes both

Two recent examples of players who i was heavy on, and underperformed in the 1st matchup, who I went back heavy on in the second….

Sabonis versus Chicago…44 DK for 8700. (Not Terrible)..19% ownership
    Sabonis versus Dallas…..53 DK for 8700 8% ownership (smaller slate too)

Dejounte Murray versus Brooklyn…17 DK for 5800 4.3% ownership…(complete bust)
    Dejounte Murray versus Cleveland….49 DK for 5500 6% ownership

• JTAx33

@Njsum1 said...

Side strategy note….Going back to players in equally good spots, who I was heavy on the previous game where they let me down, has been making money this year.

I’m sure many of you do this, yet it’s tough to do. If you have a problem doing this you should work on it. I used to have a problem with it, which is why I’m posting about it.

The reason it works, is because you normally get the same player at either a reduced price or reduced ownership. Sometimes both

Two recent examples of players who i was heavy on, and underperformed in the 1st matchup, who I went back heavy on in the second….

Sabonis versus Chicago…44 DK for 8700. (Not Terrible)..19% ownership
    Sabonis versus Dallas…..53 DK for 8700 8% ownership (smaller slate too)

Dejounte Murray versus Brooklyn…17 DK for 5800 4.3% ownership
    Dejounte Murray versus Cleveland….49 DK for 5500 6% ownership

Exploiting recency bias will forever be an edge

• feezyg

@JTAx33 said...

Exploiting recency bias will forever be an edge

Well who all sucked last time? Dont leave us hanging…

• gaelicgirl

It would appear the board’s suspicions about the Atkinson firing were correct.

“The decision to bring Jordan off the bench in favor of Allen caused consternation. While Jordan publicly said the right things, he signed in Brooklyn with the assumption of being a starter next to Irving and Durant.”
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2879971-nets-rumors-kevin-durant-kyrie-irving-never-connected-with-kenny-atkinson

• JTAx33

@feezyg said...

Well who all sucked last time? Dont leave us hanging…

I’m probably sitting this slate out, but yesterday I
    Faded Baynes (didn’t work)
    Went heavy on Lyles (kinda worked)
    and went very heavy on Randle (worked wonders)

Today I’d want to guess there’s ownership leverage in Trae and Jokic, but they’re the only options over 9k so I’m not sure there’s much there

• JTAx33

I will also continue to lose money on Dinwiddie until he pops off for 50

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Is FVV finally going to play?

This Raptors west coast trip and getting injury news way after lock has been fairly brutal.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Is FVV finally going to play?

This Raptors west coast trip and getting injury news way after lock has been fairly brutal.

Have no idea why they would play him tonight, considering they head back home after tonight’s back to back, and don’t have another game until Saturday.

They could if they wanted to, yet I’m going to assume he won’t unless I hear otherwise before the first games tip.

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

It would appear the board’s suspicions about the Atkinson firing were correct.

“The decision to bring Jordan off the bench in favor of Allen caused consternation. While Jordan publicly said the right things, he signed in Brooklyn with the assumption of being a starter next to Irving and Durant.”
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2879971-nets-rumors-kevin-durant-kyrie-irving-never-connected-with-kenny-atkinson

Makes sense.

As good a job as Atkinson has done Developing talent, that roster without KD was never going to be better than a 6th seed. If KD wants him out, he’s out.

There’s a team across town that can use a coach who knows how to develop talent, and would welcome the opportunity to even sniff the 8 seed. 🤷‍♂️ I’m sure Atkinson will be fine.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.